The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

pastore should of started in the center of the midfield, having messi as the main creator limits his ability to threaten the goal - thats not saying he wasnt effective at all, im just saying you notice the difference in his play when he is the only one on his side that can confidently hold the ball/create in the center of the park..

not a fan of Checho's approach so far, if anything this performance supports my view that tevez shouldnt start over kun, angel, or higuain.

this team is still too good to not do well in this tournament tho, but damn if Marcelo Moreno didnt *$## up that one on one, Argentina could of easily lost their opener at home!

pastore should of started in the center of the midfield, having messi as the main creator limits his ability to threaten the goal - thats not saying he wasnt effective at all, im just saying you notice the difference in his play when he is the only one on his side that can confidently hold the ball/create in the center of the park..

not a fan of Checho's approach so far, if anything this performance supports my view that tevez shouldnt start over kun, angel, or higuain.

this team is still too good to not do well in this tournament tho, but damn if Marcelo Moreno didnt *$## up that one on one, Argentina could of easily lost their opener at home!

Starting three defensive mids against a team that you knew would park the bus was just silly...

Kun's goal was sexy.

Starting three defensive mids against a team that you knew would park the bus was just silly...

Kun's goal was sexy.

Heather OReilly

pimp.gif

is there a site where i can buy colombia's #5?

Originally Posted by Demps

Heather OReilly

pimp.gif

THIS! Nataly Arias

She went to the Uni. of Maryland
http://www.washingtonpost...05/09/AF7BkaaG_blog.html

Because of her parents’ heritage, Arias was eligible to play for three countries: United States, Venezuela and Colombia, her mother’s homeland.

I was at the barber, the workers their are all from Latin America....I was slightly worried he might nick me because he was focusing on the game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Demps

Heather OReilly

pimp.gif

THIS! Nataly Arias

She went to the Uni. of Maryland
http://www.washingtonpost...05/09/AF7BkaaG_blog.html

Because of her parents’ heritage, Arias was eligible to play for three countries: United States, Venezuela and Colombia, her mother’s homeland.

I was at the barber, the workers their are all from Latin America....I was slightly worried he might nick me because he was focusing on the game
laugh.gif

A Selecao!

BRASIL: Julio Cesar; Daniel Alves, Lucio, Thiago Silva, André Santos; Lucas Leiva, Ramires, Ganso; Robinho, Neymar, Alexandre Pato.

30t6p3b.gif
Would've been an absolute dream to see Maicon/Marcelo/Luiz in the back instead - good god.

A Selecao!

BRASIL: Julio Cesar; Daniel Alves, Lucio, Thiago Silva, André Santos; Lucas Leiva, Ramires, Ganso; Robinho, Neymar, Alexandre Pato.

30t6p3b.gif
Would've been an absolute dream to see Maicon/Marcelo/Luiz in the back instead - good god.

Persia, that chest pass to Aguero was definitely intentional...it made Aguero's goal even sweeter.

Argentina have absolutely no excuses not to win this tournament. Most talented attack in the tourny without a doubt, arguably the most talented midfield, playing at home, with the best player in the world, at a time when Brazil are arguably their weakest in 2 decades, etc etc. And yet, once again Argentina are led by an incompetent coach. Batista's lineup vs Bolivia was just plain silly. 3 DMs in midfield, Messi as a #10, Tevez and Tevez 2.0 starting in attack. Why cant he just try to accommodate Messi as much as possible? Argentina need to get the most out of Messi and IMO the best way to do so is to play a Barca-like style...1 DM, 2 creative central midfielders, Messi on the right, Higuain/Aguero/Milito down the middle and Di Maria/Tevez/Lavezzi on the left. There's little reason to ask a 50 goal scorer to play as a playmaker when you have guys like Pastore more than capable of pulling the strings from midfield. It's still early and Argentina should moonwalk their way to the finals but Batista + Argentina's crappy defence have me feeling very concerned.

I cant wait to see how this new generation of Brazilians play together. Speaking of Brazil, has anyone watched any of the Women's WC? I swear this Marta chick is good enough to start in a few men's leagues. She is a beast
pimp.gif

Persia, that chest pass to Aguero was definitely intentional...it made Aguero's goal even sweeter.

Argentina have absolutely no excuses not to win this tournament. Most talented attack in the tourny without a doubt, arguably the most talented midfield, playing at home, with the best player in the world, at a time when Brazil are arguably their weakest in 2 decades, etc etc. And yet, once again Argentina are led by an incompetent coach. Batista's lineup vs Bolivia was just plain silly. 3 DMs in midfield, Messi as a #10, Tevez and Tevez 2.0 starting in attack. Why cant he just try to accommodate Messi as much as possible? Argentina need to get the most out of Messi and IMO the best way to do so is to play a Barca-like style...1 DM, 2 creative central midfielders, Messi on the right, Higuain/Aguero/Milito down the middle and Di Maria/Tevez/Lavezzi on the left. There's little reason to ask a 50 goal scorer to play as a playmaker when you have guys like Pastore more than capable of pulling the strings from midfield. It's still early and Argentina should moonwalk their way to the finals but Batista + Argentina's crappy defence have me feeling very concerned.

I cant wait to see how this new generation of Brazilians play together. Speaking of Brazil, has anyone watched any of the Women's WC? I swear this Marta chick is good enough to start in a few men's leagues. She is a beast
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

this will be the first time i will get to see neymar play
Get ready for masturbatory dribbling + a crapload of stepovers.

He's an amazing player though...a few years from now he may be a top 5-10 player in the world.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

this will be the first time i will get to see neymar play
Get ready for masturbatory dribbling + a crapload of stepovers.

He's an amazing player though...a few years from now he may be a top 5-10 player in the world.

^ Yeah after I saw decent replays it was clear that it was intentional. Amazing goal, it's so easy to just smash that 20 rows deep when the ball is that high when you kick it.

And I was talking to my boy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and men is SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've been playing soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitely been nutmegged by girls a few times.

It'd be fascinating to see Marta give it a go in a men's league. There's always the possibility that she'd be physically manhandled (no pun), but she's so talented. The goal she scored against the US a couple of years back where she flicked the ball behind the player was just ridiculous.

Excited to see Neymar play for the first time.
pimp.gif

^ Yeah after I saw decent replays it was clear that it was intentional. Amazing goal, it's so easy to just smash that 20 rows deep when the ball is that high when you kick it.

And I was talking to my boy about woman's soccer players and how the gap between them and men is SO MUCH smaller than that between basketball players, etc. I've been playing soccer all my life and am halfway decent, and I've definitely been nutmegged by girls a few times.

It'd be fascinating to see Marta give it a go in a men's league. There's always the possibility that she'd be physically manhandled (no pun), but she's so talented. The goal she scored against the US a couple of years back where she flicked the ball behind the player was just ridiculous.

Excited to see Neymar play for the first time.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
What the hell is wrong with Robinho's hair?
Came back in to post the same thing.
laugh.gif

This lineup though. 
sick.gif

Robinho, Pato, Neymar, up front. 

Brazil and Argentina's front lines are just filthy right now. Uruguay too. So much talent. I guess Brazil's always is, but it's exciting to see this young new crop play together.

EDIT:

sick.gif
 at the way Pato brought down that 50 yard lob in the box. Neymar should've struck that first time.  

Back
Top Bottom