The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

30t6p3b.gif
@ Higuian.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Just go back from Manchester and Glasgow my boy flew me out to see my 1st international soccer games and
eek.gif
it was crazy i have an all new respect for the games.

That's a ##%%$%+ friend.  What games did you catch?  And did you trip out how 40k+ can sing together all game long ? 

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Just go back from Manchester and Glasgow my boy flew me out to see my 1st international soccer games and
eek.gif
it was crazy i have an all new respect for the games.

That's a ##%%$%+ friend.  What games did you catch?  And did you trip out how 40k+ can sing together all game long ? 

I don't understand how Higuain keeps on getting all these free passes. You'd think that his dad was the owner, president and coach of the club simultaneously. There are strikers in Europe who would be pure goal scoring machines if they could get all Higuain's wasted chances. Why doesn't Benzema get a chance? I mean a proper chance, not just one start but several. Either way, I don't think Real are taking either La Liga or Champions League with an attack that isn't clinical like they have now.

I don't understand how Higuain keeps on getting all these free passes. You'd think that his dad was the owner, president and coach of the club simultaneously. There are strikers in Europe who would be pure goal scoring machines if they could get all Higuain's wasted chances. Why doesn't Benzema get a chance? I mean a proper chance, not just one start but several. Either way, I don't think Real are taking either La Liga or Champions League with an attack that isn't clinical like they have now.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Higuain isnt getting ANY free passes. Real Madrid fans are becoming increasingly frustrated with him and remember that he was the scapegoat for their elimination at the hands of Lyon in last season's CL. Benzema was harshly criticized twice by Mourinho last month for not putting in enough effort during training. Mourinho told reporters he felt Benzema was extremely talented but that he was lazy. Apparently Mourinho likes Higuain and Benzema but realizes they arent exactly the most clinical strikers in the world. Spanish media reported last month that Mourinho asked Real's management to sign another striker but they turned down his request. As much as I hate Real and dislike Mourinho's style, they're a much better team defensively and Khedira and Ozil look to be good signings. They just need to work on their attacking chemistry and converting chances. Maybe they dont win as much as expected this season but I think they're really close to where they want to be. Anyways, if Higuain keeps this up you best believe Mourinho will replace him next season. Mourinho usually doesnt ask much out of his strikers except that they finish their chances efficiently. Thats why he brought in Diego Milito to Inter last season who isnt the most glamorous striker out there but he buries most of the chances he gets.

In more important news...Messi is recovering quicker than expected and may be back within 1 week
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Higuain isnt getting ANY free passes. Real Madrid fans are becoming increasingly frustrated with him and remember that he was the scapegoat for their elimination at the hands of Lyon in last season's CL. Benzema was harshly criticized twice by Mourinho last month for not putting in enough effort during training. Mourinho told reporters he felt Benzema was extremely talented but that he was lazy. Apparently Mourinho likes Higuain and Benzema but realizes they arent exactly the most clinical strikers in the world. Spanish media reported last month that Mourinho asked Real's management to sign another striker but they turned down his request. As much as I hate Real and dislike Mourinho's style, they're a much better team defensively and Khedira and Ozil look to be good signings. They just need to work on their attacking chemistry and converting chances. Maybe they dont win as much as expected this season but I think they're really close to where they want to be. Anyways, if Higuain keeps this up you best believe Mourinho will replace him next season. Mourinho usually doesnt ask much out of his strikers except that they finish their chances efficiently. Thats why he brought in Diego Milito to Inter last season who isnt the most glamorous striker out there but he buries most of the chances he gets.

In more important news...Messi is recovering quicker than expected and may be back within 1 week
pimp.gif

I missed the Real match but their finishing has been dreadful so far. Dominating possession and taking countless shots each match but they cant hit the target. There was some statistic reported in Marca or some Spanish publication about Ronaldo scoring 1 goal out of 42 attempts so far this season
eek.gif
sick.gif

Excellent attacking display by Arsenal today. I'm worried about our inability to convert chances though...we had about 10-15 good chances to score today and we wont even get half those chances against good teams like Chelsea and Man Utd. We havent had a player finish chances efficiently since Adebayor back in 07/08. Our defence was shaky too but it probably had to do with unfamiliarity (4 defenders who hadnt started together before).

I missed the Real match but their finishing has been dreadful so far. Dominating possession and taking countless shots each match but they cant hit the target. There was some statistic reported in Marca or some Spanish publication about Ronaldo scoring 1 goal out of 42 attempts so far this season
eek.gif
sick.gif

Excellent attacking display by Arsenal today. I'm worried about our inability to convert chances though...we had about 10-15 good chances to score today and we wont even get half those chances against good teams like Chelsea and Man Utd. We havent had a player finish chances efficiently since Adebayor back in 07/08. Our defence was shaky too but it probably had to do with unfamiliarity (4 defenders who hadnt started together before).

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

We havent had a player finish chances efficiently since Adebayor back in 07/08.
i haven't watched any of Arsenal's CL matches but from what i've seen in the EPL so far,i think Chamakh's settled in very well with his new club...
he may not have Adebayor's imposing physique but he's a pretty classy striker...i say give him some time...

Back
Top Bottom