The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by trunks206

Keepie Uppie wrote:
UEFA/FIFA loves Spanish and especially Barca players...so yeah,Xavi's probably gonna win it...

but i strongly feel that Raul or Giggs deserves the award...

Yeah they sure do. I'm sure this %$#$*$! got a promotion in part due to screwing us over and helping Barca progress in the CL.
[h1][/h1]

Not to beat a dead horse, but Van Persie should've gotten sent off for other reasons during the match. Koscielny got away with alot of @#$% as well but I feel like the ref didn't do so in order to make up for the bad call against Van Persie. To be fair though Abidal should've gotten a red too. Overall I agree the ref did a terrible job

Keepie Uppie wrote:
UEFA/FIFA loves Spanish and especially Barca players...so yeah,Xavi's probably gonna win it...

Yeah they sure do. I'm sure this %$#$*$! got a promotion in part due to screwing us over and helping Barca progress in the CL.
[h1][/h1]

Not to beat a dead horse, but Van Persie should've gotten sent off for other reasons during the match. Koscielny got away with alot of @#$% as well but I feel like the ref didn't do so in order to make up for the bad call against Van Persie. To be fair though Abidal should've gotten a red too. Overall I agree the ref did a terrible job

So is there any hope for a Tevez move now? I was getting excited about seeing Kun in the EPL...

So is there any hope for a Tevez move now? I was getting excited about seeing Kun in the EPL...

Originally Posted by DLo13

No, the Tevez saga continues....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...e-to-sign-manchester-city-s-carlos-tevez.html

Carlos Tevez’s proposed move to SCCorinthians Paulista for a Brazilian record fee collapsed afterthe Sao Paulo-based club said it had run out of time to sign theManchester City striker.

Corinthians, Brazil’s biggest soccer team by sales, said ina statement on its website last night that hiring the Argentinestriker was an “impossibility

Originally Posted by DLo13

No, the Tevez saga continues....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...e-to-sign-manchester-city-s-carlos-tevez.html

Carlos Tevez’s proposed move to SCCorinthians Paulista for a Brazilian record fee collapsed afterthe Sao Paulo-based club said it had run out of time to sign theManchester City striker.

Corinthians, Brazil’s biggest soccer team by sales, said ina statement on its website last night that hiring the Argentinestriker was an “impossibility

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Keepie Uppie wrote:

[h1][/h1]

That we can agree on. How he got a promotion after *$+#$!! up such a high profile game is beyond me....but hey its FIFA/UEFA.

In other news it looks like the FA is trying to set the wheels of change in motion...

[h1]Premier League hopeful of goalline technology for 2012-13 season[/h1]
The new Premier League season is likely to be the last to feature goalline controversies after its chief executive Richard Scudamore said he was hopeful technology could be introduced in time for the 2012-13 campaign.

Writing in the Premier League's new review of the season, which will be distributed to MPs and peers on Wednesday, Scudamore vows to use the Premier League's position "to deliver progress – increasing standards on and off the pitch". The International Football Association Board, which governs the laws of the game and is split equally between representatives from the home nations and Fifa, has said that it will continue trials of goalline technology.

"The whole point of the game is about scoring goals. Players strain every sinew to either create or deny them, fans shout themselves hoarse exhorting their teams to score them, managers' and players' careers can be defined by them," Scudamore writes. "The technology is available, it is the fairness that is important and the Premier League would introduce it tomorrow if it could. Now Fifa is constructively engaged we are hopeful the 2012-13 season is a realistic aim."

The Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, a long-time opponent of the introduction of technology, was forced to reconsider that position in the wake of several controversies during the 2010 World Cup, including Frank Lampard's "ghost goal" against Germany.

Scudamore also sets out the Premier League's position before the expected debate on the game's governance that will follow the publication shortly of a culture, media and sport select committee report into football's future. He claims the inquiry, now unlikely to deliver its report until the week after next due to the committee's involvement in the phone hacking affair, has "provided an overall backdrop of negativity".

The inquiry heard evidence from a succession of witnesses, including former FA chairman Lord Triesman and former chief executive Ian Watmore, who addressed the dysfunctional relationship between the FA and the Premier League.

"Some would have it that football in England is somehow broken, irreparably damaged and in need of saving," Scudamore writes. "That is an analysis of the game to which I cannot subscribe."

He says there are "many more reasons to be upbeat than downcast" and hails the Premier League as having had "another fantastic year". But he adds that "in other areas of the game it is hard to deny that it hasn't been a frustrating year", singling out England's humiliation in South Africa and the failed 2018 World Cup bid.

"Clearly, and by its own admission, the FA needs to address some structural issues that are no secret, as well as create a focus that means they can improve in their key areas of responsibility – the national teams, coach development and grassroots investment," Scudamore writes.

"However, the Premier League is a crucial part of the association of interests that make up the FA and we have a duty to constructively engage with and support the processes already under way aimed at creating an organisation that can represent the best of English football at every level."

http://www.guardian.co.uk...oalline-technology/print

I don't know how I really feel about this yet as imo the logical progression of using technology to gets calls right in football would have offside calls being looked into and awarding PK and such. It seems as it could go against the flow of the game. I'll admit the controversy adds something to the game but being on the losing end of bad calls sure does suck.  Either way it will be interesting to see how it is implemented.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Keepie Uppie wrote:

[h1][/h1]

That we can agree on. How he got a promotion after *$+#$!! up such a high profile game is beyond me....but hey its FIFA/UEFA.

In other news it looks like the FA is trying to set the wheels of change in motion...

[h1]Premier League hopeful of goalline technology for 2012-13 season[/h1]
The new Premier League season is likely to be the last to feature goalline controversies after its chief executive Richard Scudamore said he was hopeful technology could be introduced in time for the 2012-13 campaign.

Writing in the Premier League's new review of the season, which will be distributed to MPs and peers on Wednesday, Scudamore vows to use the Premier League's position "to deliver progress – increasing standards on and off the pitch". The International Football Association Board, which governs the laws of the game and is split equally between representatives from the home nations and Fifa, has said that it will continue trials of goalline technology.

"The whole point of the game is about scoring goals. Players strain every sinew to either create or deny them, fans shout themselves hoarse exhorting their teams to score them, managers' and players' careers can be defined by them," Scudamore writes. "The technology is available, it is the fairness that is important and the Premier League would introduce it tomorrow if it could. Now Fifa is constructively engaged we are hopeful the 2012-13 season is a realistic aim."

The Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, a long-time opponent of the introduction of technology, was forced to reconsider that position in the wake of several controversies during the 2010 World Cup, including Frank Lampard's "ghost goal" against Germany.

Scudamore also sets out the Premier League's position before the expected debate on the game's governance that will follow the publication shortly of a culture, media and sport select committee report into football's future. He claims the inquiry, now unlikely to deliver its report until the week after next due to the committee's involvement in the phone hacking affair, has "provided an overall backdrop of negativity".

The inquiry heard evidence from a succession of witnesses, including former FA chairman Lord Triesman and former chief executive Ian Watmore, who addressed the dysfunctional relationship between the FA and the Premier League.

"Some would have it that football in England is somehow broken, irreparably damaged and in need of saving," Scudamore writes. "That is an analysis of the game to which I cannot subscribe."

He says there are "many more reasons to be upbeat than downcast" and hails the Premier League as having had "another fantastic year". But he adds that "in other areas of the game it is hard to deny that it hasn't been a frustrating year", singling out England's humiliation in South Africa and the failed 2018 World Cup bid.

"Clearly, and by its own admission, the FA needs to address some structural issues that are no secret, as well as create a focus that means they can improve in their key areas of responsibility – the national teams, coach development and grassroots investment," Scudamore writes.

"However, the Premier League is a crucial part of the association of interests that make up the FA and we have a duty to constructively engage with and support the processes already under way aimed at creating an organisation that can represent the best of English football at every level."

http://www.guardian.co.uk...oalline-technology/print

I don't know how I really feel about this yet as imo the logical progression of using technology to gets calls right in football would have offside calls being looked into and awarding PK and such. It seems as it could go against the flow of the game. I'll admit the controversy adds something to the game but being on the losing end of bad calls sure does suck.  Either way it will be interesting to see how it is implemented.

I expect a tactical borefest with Paraguay-Venezuela. Hopefully an early goal changes that.

Real Madrid-Chivas later tonight. More Jese, please!

I expect a tactical borefest with Paraguay-Venezuela. Hopefully an early goal changes that.

Real Madrid-Chivas later tonight. More Jese, please!

Chivas are lucky its still a tie, but Michel has been excellent. Hopefully Fierro and Casillas get playing time soon
Whats the Man Utd score? ESPN doesn't have any info.

Back
Top Bottom