The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Barca is just not as good as their fans want you to believe..
Neither is Messi.

I'm not sure how this statement always pops up. Barca fans have been saying that this team has been playing sub-par for the entire damn season. There are a few "BARCA IS THE BEST FOREVER<3" lunatics out there, but every team has those types of idiot fans
When I say fans.. Im more referring to the media and UEFA.. 
All the commentators talking Barca is the greatest team in history and Messi is the best player ever blah blah..

The media will make a big deal if anyone says Messi isnt the best player.

Its all nonsense. 

Originally Posted by IronChef

oie2123360s7kvihrk.gif
laugh.gif

just to throw a spanner in the works...

did Barca just concede to the league cause they knew it was out of their reach and now they're going to BEAST the CL? Or are they really down and out? I haven't seen Messi this annoyed since AC Milan was cutting him out of the game in the CL.

Either way...I'm just happy that for once,,.. Ronaldo showed up in the classico....

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

fell asleep in the second half, i wasnt entertained from what i saw

Sorry that Ashley Young wasn't there to entertain you with an acrobatic circus act.
For real. Dude probably glues himself to the TV when Man United plays like trash against relegation bound teams, yet this game was "boring"
laugh.gif
lmao at how upset you two are at my statement, and for the record i dont even like ashley young

Any truth to Jose Mourinho wanting to transform Real Madrid into a Portugese side? What happened to Marcelo and Kaka today
30t6p3b.gif

I think Real should just sell off Benzema and put Ronaldo at striker. Every time I watch Benzema I don't feel like they get the most out of their 41 million Euros... 

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Sorry that Ashley Young wasn't there to entertain you with an acrobatic circus act.
For real. Dude probably glues himself to the TV when Man United plays like trash against relegation bound teams, yet this game was "boring"
laugh.gif
lmao at how upset you two are at my statement, and for the record i dont even like ashley young
Not upset at all, it's just funny how some of you EPL fans always talk about how anything non-Premier League is boring. "Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga matches are boring", yet you'll wake up at 4-7 AM to watch teams scrape together 1-0 wins against Wigan, Bolton, etc
laugh.gif
The bias is ridiculous. If you don't fit that description, I apologize for making an assumption, but that's the usual type of comment I hear from die-hard EPL fans (if it matters, I watch every big name EPL match)

AlachSB, Benzema is still an effective threat. Every time we play against Madrid, I fear him more than Ronaldo (although Ronaldo has started to score in Clasicos now
laugh.gif
). Plus he's been tearing up La Liga as well. If they have to sell anyone, it should be Higuain, but then again he adds to the depth of the squad. Look what happened to Barca after David Villa got injured and Pedro lost form , we have no one
tired.gif

eiddyfouw, I've lost hope for the CL. I think we can win, but I feel a 2-1 score coming. There's always one @#$@ up on defense guaranteed per match, and Barca doesn't have the offense to score 3 against a parked bus. There's 0 penetration in the box, and our midfielders have to keep making stupid @#$ lateral passes since they get stuck. The formations are stupid too, Dani Alves does not belong on the wing and neither does Iniesta of all people.

This pretty much sums up our season:

In EPL news, Cisse scored again. The man is a machine.

And in MLS news, Portland broke their losing streak!
pimp.gif

I'm happy with how we played. We played with what we had available and we still had a lot of chances. Valdez hesitated on both occasions and those were fatal mistakes. As far as the loss, we had Tello (inexperienced) who missed clear opportunities to score as well as other players who had chances but couldn't pull the trigger. Do I think Madrid is better than Barcelona? Not at all, Madrid doesn't scare me. We didn't played with our best squad out there and still managed to create chances - We're missing Fabregas, Pique, Villa, and Sanchez is not 100%. These may appear as excuses but I agree with Guardiola's plan to save some players for Wednesday. Even if we won this game, it didn't guarantee us La Liga, but Wednesday we have to go ALL OUT - this game decides our opportunity to win the champions.

I would like to bring out some positives that come out of these loss: This game demonstrates that we need to invest in our defense! This game shows that we lack depth in our defense and I hope management sees that and pulls the trigger. New players like Tello are gaining valuable experience and they will be important pieces down the line. Messi will come through for us this Wednesday - believe that
pimp.gif

This was not an exciting match. It was actually pretty bland (not as bland as Chelsea/Arsenal earlier
sick.gif
) by Clasico standards. I really felt like Barca came into the match not expecting to lose, but not really gunning to win. They played some pretty uninspiring soccer for 90% of the match. Just passing around, but never really penetrating like they usually do. Anytime they did penetrate, either Alves would send a cross that had no hope of being headed in, or Tello would send it out of the stadium.

I really get the feeling that the CL final will be Real Madrid vs Chelsea.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Not upset at all, it's just funny how some of you EPL fans always talk about how anything non-Premier League is boring. "Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga matches are boring", yet you'll wake up at 4-7 AM to watch teams scrape together 1-0 wins against Wigan, Bolton, etc
laugh.gif
The bias is ridiculous. If you don't fit that description, I apologize for making an assumption, but that's the usual type of comment I hear from die-hard EPL fans (if it matters, I watch every big name EPL match)

AlachSB, Benzema is still an effective threat. Every time we play against Madrid, I fear him more than Ronaldo (although Ronaldo has started to score in Clasicos now
laugh.gif
). Plus he's been tearing up La Liga as well. If they have to sell anyone, it should be Higuain, but then again he adds to the depth of the squad. Look what happened to Barca after David Villa got injured and Pedro lost form , we have no one
tired.gif

eiddyfouw, I've lost hope for the CL. I think we can win, but I feel a 2-1 score coming. There's always one @#$@ up on defense guaranteed per match, and Barca doesn't have the offense to score 3 against a parked bus. There's 0 penetration in the box, and our midfielders have to keep making stupid @#$ lateral passes since they get stuck. The formations are stupid too, Dani Alves does not belong on the wing and neither does Iniesta of all people.

This pretty much sums up our season:

I couldn't understand that Xavi attempt. Messi was doing Xavi's job and visa versa. If that was Messi in front of goal....that would have been bulgingin the back of the net.
I think the gap where Villa was, is very apparent.

(rumour is Villa might come to EPL end of the season).

Originally Posted by DLo13

Decent header by Jelavic there.

I must agree...only spot he could put it...and he did just that. 
Poor defense by Nani, but great header....

One more and I honestly think moyes should just park the bus. No point in getting into a pissing match with united.

Nani AGAIN letting a winger through on the side...

Not enough pressure on the ball....and they score.

SAF's dream partnership of Rooney and Welbeck is REALLY starting to show....
they're starting to gel really nicely...

I walk out to take a piss, and *!%#, another goal...

Several well made, well taken goals in this game.

Back
Top Bottom