The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Mastamind89 wrote:
A lot of people are saying that AW should switch to a 4-4-1-1 and have RvP in the hole, I know Bergkamp had said that would be a good idea at the start of the season. And it just might work but it might be easier to build the team around RvP if he does stay as opposed to moving him and restructuring the team as a whole.
Ryo is most likely going to be loaned out again, I know Bolton has expressed interest in getting him for the season. And I think he should be loaned out if he isn't he'll just ride the bench. He's raw, he needs the playing time. I think Afobe just might be a little ahead of him but I see him getting loaned out to Reading again or riding the bench. 

I also think the same will go for Lansbury, Coquelin, Frimpong, loan/bench. Diaby will most likely never be fit again and things seem to be on track for Wilshere as of now. We do lack in the creativity department, there would be more conflict in terms of playing time/"potential log jam"  if we signed someone such as M'Vila even though he could really improve our squad. 
If we want to compete we need depth.  I don't think adding a Giroud would log jam anything for the simple fact that RVP can't play 50 matches again like he did last year.  We need other options because Wenger found out real quick that if we want any chance to win basically any game we needed RVP and that is not going to be able to fly this year.  Same with the midfield we had Song who played 40-50 games with no rest.  Adding in quality players while add depth while also make everyone raise their game to keep their place.  Guys like Walcott will need to be more consisitent or they will find themselves on the bench.  Hopefully Arsenal adds to the squad because we desperately need it.
That's exactly what killed us at United this season.  Lack of real depth. Whereas City pulled out lethal bench players, we had to call up Scholes and pull him out sippping cocktails on some beach. 
I think this season, was an eye opener for clubs.  Depth is going to be crucial next season.  Arsenal can't rely on RVP to have a repeat season like this one.  They're going to need more proven goal scorers.  United is in DESPERATE need for a solid holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder, and a defender.  Vidic missing left a GIANT hole in our backline.  We need depth in case of injury, and also in case players get run into the ground (e.g David Silva).   

True, I guess I should have been more clear, if Diaby was fit, adding a new MF would potentially be a log jam. But I do see the point you two are making. 
But this does remind me that Hernanes wants to leave Lazio and was interested in hearing a bid from Arsenal. 

Hulk
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by engoi

It happened: Claudio Pizarro joined Bayern.What an idiot.

Why do you say he's an idiot?  At 33 he is a bit old for top flight football, but I guess he'll be brought in as that super sub.
I didn't know Shiqiri joined Bayern as well this summer.  After the performance he had against United, it was obvious he was going to go to a bigger club.  I know SAF was looking into him for a while. 

Why do you say he's an idiot?  At 33 he is a bit old for top flight football, but I guess he'll be brought in as that super sub.
I didn't know Shiqiri joined Bayern as well this summer.  After the performance he had against United, it was obvious he was going to go to a bigger club.  I know SAF was looking into him for a while. 

Bayern is a big club. They are as big as real, barca, inter, ac Milan and manure Bigger lol.

He will earn good money but he will sit on the bench.Werder asked for a paycut but he was there already the best payed player and he PLAYED.
I don't get it why player only take a look at their salary and doesn't enjoy their last one or two seasons actually playing and not sitting on the bench.

Lukasz Fabianski injured, will miss the Euro.
Arsenal is not very lucky with their goalkeepers, obviously.

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

Bayern is a big club. They are as big as real, barca, inter, ac Milan and manure Bigger lol.
huh? 
I implied that Bayern WAS a big club.  Since the performance against United in the CL, and SAF looking into him, I figured he would go to a bigger club (than his former club Basel). 

He will earn good money but he will sit on the bench.Werder asked for a paycut but he was there already the best payed player and he PLAYED.
I don't get it why player only take a look at their salary and doesn't enjoy their last one or two seasons actually playing and not sitting on the bench.
You're thinking like a fan. Why would he not want to cash out on what's likely his last chance at a big pay day?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You're thinking like a fan. Why would he not want to cash out on what's likely his last chance at a big pay day?
He earned so much money already and now he switches to Bayern, getting money he doesn't need and will sit on the bench.
And it's not like that he would starving at Werder.This greed is really annoying.

He earned so much money already and now he switches to Bayern, getting money he doesn't need and will sit on the bench.
And it's not like that he would starving at Werder.This greed is really annoying.

Never think a footballer doesn't need the money.
My man, a footballers career is so short, that you gotta get as much of that money as you can WHILE you can.  You think Eto'o likes living in Russia?  Heeeelll nawww...but that paycheck is too good to say no to.  You have to maximise as much as you can. 

Not personally directed at you but I really hate when fans speak like this about athletes.

You're really gonna be the one to judge what another man does or doesn't need?

and now he's somehow greedier than the rest of us? Let the man live. 

Depends on a lot of factors.

Fitness, injury history, position, etc.

Strikers normally last the longest as far as a career is concerned. Goalkeepers are after that imo look at some of the higher class keepers. EVS, Cesar, Cech, all in there mid to late 30s. Van der Sar was 40 when he retired and Schmiechal was up there as well. Medical personnel help as well.

Look at Ronaldo( brasil). That fat bastard was playing till what, last year. Dude was hella grande at random points in his career but he found the back of the net and that is what counts.EDIT: Germany wore green in the nineties. Actually found a vintage kit at salvation army awhile back.

Not personally directed at you but I really hate when fans speak like this about athletes.

Of course it's his choice but if someone who has made so much money with Werder, Bayern and Chelsea it is
from my point of view not very smart to swith to a club and sit there on the bench.
He will make in the next 2 years perhaps 2mil Euros more than he had made at Werder but has to sit on the bench.
Is it realy worth that difference ? Eto'o earns 20mil Euros in Anzhi, Pizarro maybe 4or 5 mil euros.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

a particular reason that Germany went green with the away kits?

Green is the colour of hope (lord knows - with Gomez as striker we need it !)
and we wore green as away also 1972 and 1974.

^thanks... knew it had to be for historic reasons. btw their Defense was terrible today, be it not a full first team effort but still

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

how long is the average soccer career?

I think 15-17 years? (the initial few years would be taking small wages at a small club/ at a big clubs reserve team)  Peak would probably be 4-5 years. 
Think of it this way, the average footballer retires from employment approximately 25-30 years before the majority of employees would even consider retirement. 

Of course it's his choice but if someone who has made so much money with Werder, Bayern and Chelsea it is
from my point of view not very smart to swith to a club and sit there on the bench.
He will make in the next 2 years perhaps 2mil Euros more than he had made at Werder but has to sit on the bench.
Is it realy worth that difference ? Eto'o earns 20mil Euros in Anzhi, Pizarro maybe 4or 5 mil euros.

Yea I feel what you're saying but at the end of the day, I'm sure Pizzaro and his agent acted in his best interest.

Off topic but engoi are you German or live there? Your Bundesliga insight is always appreciated.

Yea I feel what you're saying but at the end of the day, I'm sure Pizzaro and his agent acted in his best interest.

[color= rgb(0, 102, 204)]We will see.Take a look at Torres.he makes a lot of money but is obviously not very happy at Chelsea.[/color]

Off topic but engoi are you German or live there? Your Bundesliga insight is always appreciated.

[color= rgb(51, 102, 204)]I'm german.I know the Bundesliga is on NT far behind the PL and La Liga but it's worth to take a look at.[/color]

Where do you come up with this Torres is not happy at Chelsea stuff?
laugh.gif

His EXACT words:

"At Chelsea I am very happy and I never said the opposite," he said.

"I still have a lot to do in this club. It has been a difficult year, I didn't play much and my mind was like a roller-coaster.

"I believe that I deserved to play more. I felt very bad and I would not like to feel that way again but I have never surrendered and I never will.

"When Chelsea signed me they did it with great expectations, and the confidence of the owner and the fans has been unconditional, but my role in the team has not followed that line.

"I look at myself and think I have not known how to be essential for the coaches I've had and this is another goal to accomplish which I will, at all costs."

According to german tabloids, Fernando Torres was not happy with his playing time at Chelsea and thought about leaving them.

Some people in here need to stop getting sensitive when they read rumors about their team. This ain't America where you need actual sources. 80% of this crap is incorrect or off base. With that said they are interesting and some may even be true.

L'Équipe and Eurosport both claim Eden Hazard is close to agreeing a €40m Chelsea move complete with a 5-year contract on €126,900 per week.

Really_2499da_370963.gif

Back
Top Bottom