The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Scott Parker has completed his transfer from West Ham to Tottenham.

Solid pickup, but they really need to strengthen their defense.

Lille are preparing a bid for Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou.
Andre Villas-Boas is willing to let the Ivorian leave Stamford Bridge following the arrival of promising young striker Romelu Lukaku.

Really hope Kalou goes because he deserves all the playing time in the world and Lille is in the Champions League, would love to see him get some recognition.
Arsenal are interested in signing £10m-rated Chelsea's Brazilian defender Alex.

Take himmmmmm.
Chelsea remain confident of signing Porto fullback Alvaro Pereira.

Portuguese media sources say Chelsea could agree terms with Porto for the Uruguay international today.

Good depth for the backfield but I don't want us to meet Porto's 30M quota.

Final spurt.

Manchester City: Vladimir Weiss on loan to Espanyol Barcelona
Manchester City: Roque Santa Cruz to Betis Sevilla
Manchester City: Apparently wanting Daniele de Rossi
AS Roma:Interested in Lassana Diarra
FC Porto:Wanting Vagner Love as replacement for Falcao
FC Chelsea:Benayoun in talks with different clubs (Arsenal,Spurs,Newcastle)
VfL Wolfsburg:Rasmus Jönsson (Helsingborg) to Wolfsburg

Timo Hildebrand in tals with Ajax, Roda, Heerenveen
Elia perhaps in talks with Galatasaray and Juventus, rumour is also a trade Elia and Rosicky
Diego will probably sign today with Atletico Madrid, only problem now is the transfer fee.
Kaka will stay at Real Madrid

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

QPR ready to take bum %@# Traore from us, we might have to pay them to take him though.
laugh.gif
They can have Djorou, Jenkinson, Arshavin and Coquelin too if they like..
laugh.gif

Coquelin is actually really good.Yeah Djourou and Jenkinson can go...but Arshavin is still a threat sometimes.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

QPR ready to take bum %@# Traore from us, we might have to pay them to take him though.
laugh.gif
They can have Djorou, Jenkinson, Arshavin and Coquelin too if they like..
laugh.gif

Chill, the kid's nice.
Yeah I thought he did pretty well for his debut considering the occasion. 

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Man City > Man Utd. Right now. I'm telling you Man City is winning the league
87582072.gif

extremely bold statement considering:
-Man U beat Man City a few weeks ago for the Community Shield 

-Man U's performance today was on point 
pimp.gif

-Man U are on top of the table base on goal differential 

Well City didn't have....

1.) In form Dzeko
2.) Sergio Kun Aguero
3.) Tevez
4.) Nasri
i'm not going to waste my time telling this fool who united hasnt had on the field playing the past month.

Any one see the line-up Pep is sending out for this Barca v. Villarreal game? essentially has 2 lines of mid-fielders:
Valdes-Abidal-Mascherno-Kieta-Busquets-Thiago--Cesc-Iniesta-Pedro-Sanchez-Messi.

I look forward to the day when Pep decides to play 11 mids at once. If they can just control 100% possession, they don't even need Valdes out there.

Yesterday was tough, crazy how a team so far away affects your day. Feel sorry for the away support, they were great all match.

Arsenal have signed Andre Santos from Fenerbahçe.

Man City > Man Utd. Right now. I'm telling you Man City is winning the league
87582072.gif

pimp.gif

1.) In form Dzeko
2.) Sergio Kun Aguero
3.) Tevez
4.) Nasri
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You can argue that Man Utd. is playing an extremely young, new, and inexperienced  squad.
Peep Man Utd. up to date injured list:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td][table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]A Valencia[/td][td]Ankle/Foot Injury[/td][td]10th Sep 11[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] Rafael[/td][td]Shoulder Injury[/td][td]Nov 11[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]N Vidic[/td][td]Calf Muscle Strain[/td][td] 24th Sep 11[/td][td] 

[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]T Bebe[/td][td]ACL Knee Injury[/td][td]Feb 12[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td] Welbeck   
[/td][td]Hamstring Injury[/td][td]   no return date
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Now peep Man City's injured list.
[table][tr][td]Manchester City[/td][td]    
[/td][td]N De Jong           
[/td][td]Ankle/Foot Injury[/td][td]       10th Sep 11[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

I think half of La Liga is without kit sponsors at the moment. Saw an article on it the other day...meanwhile, Barca and Real have deals estimated at 30 mil. each.

87582072.gif

pimp.gif

1.) In form Dzeko
2.) Sergio Kun Aguero
3.) Tevez
4.) Nasri
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You can argue that Man Utd. is playing an extremely young, new, and inexperienced  squad.
Peep Man Utd. up to date injured list:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td][table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]A Valencia[/td][td]Ankle/Foot Injury[/td][td]10th Sep 11[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] Rafael[/td][td]Shoulder Injury[/td][td]Nov 11[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]N Vidic[/td][td]Calf Muscle Strain[/td][td] 24th Sep 11[/td][td] 

[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]T Bebe[/td][td]ACL Knee Injury[/td][td]Feb 12[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td] Welbeck   
[/td][td]Hamstring Injury[/td][td]   no return date
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Now peep Man City's injured list.
[table][tr][td]Manchester City[/td][td]    
[/td][td]N De Jong           
[/td][td]Ankle/Foot Injury[/td][td]       10th Sep 11[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Excuse my ignorance but didn't Vidic and Rafael play in the Community Shield. 
That's what the argument was about wasn't it? Not who's injured now. 

I guess I was wrong on the Meireles speculation. There are reports Chelsea are making an improved bid for him. Sounds like a player plus cash. Would rather see sturridge come our way instead of benayoun but that probably won't happen.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Sorry, i derailed my argument and wanted to answer "thekyptonite" who wrote-
Those are horrible points to make, Arsenal had a makeshift defence and the scoreline wouldn't have been the same if the majority of their first team wasn't injured.
I wanted to point out that Man Utd. isn't playing this their whole "first" squad either. 

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Sorry, i derailed my argument and wanted to answer "thekyptonite" who wrote-
Those are horrible points to make, Arsenal had a makeshift defence and the scoreline wouldn't have been the same if the majority of their first team wasn't injured.
I wanted to point out that Man Utd. isn't playing this their whole "first" squad either. 

Got it. 

whoever it was offered 7 for alex, chelsea want 10 offer 9 and get if overwith, david luiz is a great talent, malouda is obviously being replaced by mata, let him go to, its chelsea they have arab money

As a Utd I'm not even gonna sit here and try to say City aren't a good squad, that'd be absurd. But
laugh.gif
@ you City "fans." Where were y'all last year in the last thread?

PS. last time you won silverware, we were wrapping up the league later in the day. 5-1 is damn impressive too, but it sure as hell ain't 8-2.

cel.gif

smile.gif

unless barca or real are involved, I don't really feel like watching any other la liga matches as opposed to the epl where I will watch most teams. I'm really glad I got to see Manchester united play at soldier field against the Chicago fire.

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

unless barca or real are involved, I don't really feel like watching any other la liga matches as opposed to the epl where I will watch most teams. I'm really glad I got to see Manchester united play at soldier field against the Chicago fire.
Valencia - Racing from this past Saturday > Any other league fixture to date in terms of excitement
Just watching the thrashing yesterday, I'm running out of superlatives to describe Barca. Experimental lineup in an unfamiliar formation yet they destroy a Champions League team by a 'manita,' and hold 75% possession. Unreal. 

Sources aren't exactly credible, but 
laugh.gif
 @ Arsenal trying to get Gotze. What's 'pipe dream' in German?

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

your loss 
ohwell.gif
 barca and real are just so much better than pretty much every team in Europe that it makes it impossible to have anyone outside of those two win La Liga. Doesn't mean theres not a @#$% load of talent in the league, evidence being how much money out the @#$ English teams pay for La Liga talent
And aren't there only 2-3 good teams in England per year? How is that so different from any other league? Man United and Chelsea are the usual contenders, and then once in a while you have another challenger come in like this year's Man City squad 

Back
Top Bottom