The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

best game of the season so far...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

How long is Chelsea going to continue trying to spare Torres' feelings instead of playing its best lineup and giving itself the best chance to win? They are doing Drogba so dirty because of this bum Torres. 
30t6p3b.gif
He's injured, bro.

I don't think Torres will ever be a 20 goal scorer in the EPL again but subtract that brutal wide open miss from today and he's played his two best games in a Chelsea kit back to back. It's hard to pull out some positives from this match but we've seen a different Torres the last two matches. Just saying.

Nani 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

And to clarify my comment, IMO there's no point in winning your league if you're complete trash in the CL (like Milan last year). I'd rather have it the other way around.

Drogba would of done damage if he was healthy, oh well its still early in the season.

Chelsea didn't play bad they just didn't execute, which says something about our strikers.

Crazy game. So many seemingly sure goals missed, that Torres open net goal the worst of the lot. Rooney should have had a hat trick. Great result either way
pimp.gif

Even though we lost, I think we pulled out more positives than negatives from this game. Our playing style is way more fluid, and will work well against a majority of the teams of we face. Although Torres made some mistakes, he is playing way better than he has since his transfer, and could start providing some goals. Lampard needs to be benched for important games, and let go at the end of the season, I like Mikel in Lampard’s role for now, and McEachran might do well there in the future. Although Terry is essential on the field for leadership reasons, our best CB pairing is Luiz and Ivanovic. Sturridge is very good, but I don’t like him out wide, sadly for him there is a logjam at CF. Hopefully we build on what was learned today.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Crazy game. So many seemingly sure goals missed, that Torres open net goal the worst of the lot. Rooney should have had a hat trick. Great result either way
pimp.gif

That new hair has been making him go off lately
laugh.gif
He's back to his 2009 form

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

pimp.gif

That new hair has been making him go off lately
laugh.gif
He's back to his 2009 form
Real life biblical Samson 
laugh.gif
 that man better never cut his hair. would not be mad if he got plugs every off-season.

Any tips/advice on buying tickets to an AC Milan match? Planning on going to their game against Cesena. Thanks!

Originally Posted by beans718

laugh.gif
at the scores in here... 3-1 united.. maybe even more
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wasnt too happy with the cmf today.. might still need more time together but deff missing cleverly.. gonna be an interesting 2nd leg..

^ Yep, fair enough. That one is actually worse than Torres's, which had a much-tighter angle.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Now everyone claiming Nani is better than Ronaldo? What a joke.
Who would claim this? Is there some analysts out there that are claiming this?
roll.gif

Regarding the league vs. CL, it all depends on the club. Being a Spurs supporter, I would have much rather finished
top 4 last season than have the magical run we had in the CL. It would have possibly let us improve the squad more
because of the guaranteed cash flow and we wouldn't have to be playing on Thursdays in Europa League
alien.gif

Cavani hit a damn laser for his second goal. How they hell did he get that near post?

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Now everyone claiming Nani is better than Ronaldo? What a joke.
Who would claim this? Is there some analysts out there that are claiming this?
roll.gif

Regarding the league vs. CL, it all depends on the club. Being a Spurs supporter, I would have much rather finished
top 4 last season than have the magical run we had in the CL. It would have possibly let us improve the squad more
because of the guaranteed cash flow and we wouldn't have to be playing on Thursdays in Europa League
alien.gif
I guess I didn't think about it that way. I guess it only applies if your team is always in the top 4 anyways.

Speaking of Spurs, that match against Liverpool was by far the most entertaining match of the day for all the wrong reasons
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

John Terry is the worst centreback in the world. I can't even defend him anymore. He's absolute trash.

He was hard to watch today.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

How long is Chelsea going to continue trying to spare Torres' feelings instead of playing its best lineup and giving itself the best chance to win? They are doing Drogba so dirty because of this bum Torres. 
30t6p3b.gif

Did you not see the Drogba injury a few weeks ago
laugh.gif
? He's injured. No one is playing Torres over him right now.

Back
Top Bottom