The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I expect better from City's back four. Neuer and Hart might be the best two keepers in the world right now.

Mancini fueding verbally with Dzeko and Tevez, not good.

Basel have had chances all night... finally converting in quick succession... backline looked really shaky.

roll.gif
We're about to lose to Basel at home, i can't do anything but laugh 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

roll.gif
roll.gif

when the teams were drawn,i was the only one who thought that Utd were gonna have a tough time...
some of y'all were foolish to think that they were gonna stroll past their opponents in their group...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

roll.gif
roll.gif

when the teams were drawn,i was the only one who thought that Utd were gonna have a tough time...
some of y'all were foolish to think that they were gonna stroll past their opponents in their group...
Y'all? How about everyone. Let's not act like at 20/1 for a Basel win and 13/2 for a draw, that everyone wasn't expecting a United victory tonight.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I know United is going to at least salvage a point here. That's how life goes.

Yep.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I know United is going to at least salvage a point here. That's how life goes.
Time to go for the winner now... but it shouldn't have come down to this.  
30t6p3b.gif

No disrespect to Basel, cuz they played well, but I cannot accept this result cuz of this ridiculous defense.  

Ribery looks to have fully recovered his form. Back to being one of the best wingers in Europe
pimp.gif

At their best, the Bavarians are as good a side as any in Europe, sans Barca.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Demps

smh at tevez.
Incredible. 
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

From the BBC live feed. 
2153: Incredible. Man City boss Roberto Mancini confims Carlos Tevez refused to come off the bench against Bayern Munich. Mancini looked and sounded as stunned as you and I when he explained what happened. "I can't accept this one player refusing to go on," Mancini said.

2154: I've heard of players refusing to play for a team before, but never refusing to come off the bench. If Carlos Tevez wasn't going to play tonight, why didn't he tell his manager and his team-mates when he was told the starting line-up? Disgraceful.

2157: Man City boss Roberto Mancini explained that he brought on defensive midfielder Nigel de Jong for striker Edin Dzeko after 55 minutes with his side trailing 2-0 because "I wanted to calm everything down." He added "Afterwards I wanted to put Carlos Tevez on the pitch, he refused to go on the pitch. For me it is a bad situation."

2209: Roberto Mancini on Carlos Tevez after the Argentine refused to come off the bench tonight: "He's finished with me, with me he's finished."

Inner turmoil is going to run City's chance of challenging United and Chelsea for the EPL crown. The Tevez situation was bound to explode, either the board should have accepted a lower offer to get rid of a potential distraction (Corinthians) or force Inter's hand in a Eto'o swap/full-season loan/reduced sale. No one will be willing to pay the price City values him at with Madrid being the one possible exception, but now the value of Tevez is going down while hurting the entire club. Hopefully Mancini learns with Super Mario, Milan will be happy to take the disgruntled Italian at a significant price. 
Normally I wouldn't be shocked by a 3-3 result in CL group stage even at Old Trafford, but let's keep a close eye on United's defense and goalkeeping. The real question is can Jones, Smalling, and De Gea perform as well as they've shown thus far in the EPL but under duress and the extreme pressure/intensity of Champions League football? 

Back
Top Bottom