The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

This dude Aguero
eek.gif

I picked the right team to join the bandwagon
laugh.gif

*and as lopsided as the score could be, the Swansea GK isn't playing too badly....

What a save by Vorm!  Incredible reactions...
Scoreline most-definitely not a reflection of his performance today.

I dont understand this talk of Fabregas being a crybaby and Arsenal winning nothing with Fabregas in the spotlight. The man was a consummate professional who loved Wenger and loved Arsenal. He played his a.ss off everytime he put on an Arsenal shirt...he played any role asked of him and thrived whether he played as a box-to-box midfielder, defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. He played through injury and often rushed back from injuries because he wanted to help the club win. Everyone knew he wanted to return home but he never spoke out publicly about it, never disrespected the club, and played his hardest even when he was surrounded with useless players like Almunia, Clichy, Eboue, Squillaci, Diaby, Denilson, Rosicky, Bendtner, etc etc.

All the blame should lay on the shoulders of Arsenal management. One has to think that as much as Fabregas wanted to return back home, he would've been tempted to stay at Arsenal if the club made an effort to improve and an effort to end their pathetic trophy drought. There is absolutely no reason why a club that is almost debt free and the 3rd richest in the sport can not even win the Carling Cup in 6+ years. They could've atleast made an effort to seriously improve the squad by making 2-3 significant signings in the last 2 years but instead they've settled on bargain basement 2nd tier talent as well as teenagers years away from possibly actualizing their potential. Even now they are going to make well over 60m from the sales of Clichy, Fabregas, Nasri, Eboue and possibly Bendtner yet they'll only spend a fraction of that money prior to the summer transfer deadline.

This is the 3rd richest club in football, only behind Real Madrid and Man Utd and yet they've spent 15m or more on a player just once in its history. Based on precedent, Arsenal will not spend big money (i.e. 15m) on a player unless they are at risk of missing the CL. As it stands, this club is only concerned with finishing in the top 4 and raking in CL dough. They will not make significant improvements to the club with the money because they probably think the team is good enough as it stands to finish top 4 and make the CL quarter-finals.

As for Fabregas, the guy decided to take a 2nd string role and less money just so that he could have a chance to win trophies and join one of the best group of players in history. He should be commended. Barca are a busy club and injuries, suspensions, fatigue will play their part. Fabregas will get significant playing time and he will be a valuable member of the club.

Finally, Barca absolutely fleeced Arsenal in this deal. 29m upfront for one of the top 5-10 CMs in the world who is only 24 years old? Didnt the unproven Pastore just go for 42m? And I dont want to hear about Fabregas' value being deflated due to lack of market competition...there was no competition for Ronaldo when he stated he only wanted to play for Real Madrid, and yet Man Utd were still compensated handsomely with 80m. Arsenal p*ssied out and got bullied, rather than standing firm and getting the 40m + that Fabregas is really worth.

I'm still curious to see what the situation is with Tevez, he obviously isn't going anywhere until January yet he doesn't seem to have any desire to play for City right now, is Mancini going to try and implement him into the attack with Dzeko and Aguero? Also, is City still pursuing a move for Nasri? If they manage to sign him then they become a serious contender not only in England but in all of Europe.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

I'm still curious to see what the situation is with Tevez, he obviously isn't going anywhere until January yet he doesn't seem to have any desire to play for City right now, is Mancini going to try and implement him into the attack with Dzeko and Aguero? Also, is City still pursuing a move for Nasri? If they manage to sign him then they become a serious contender not only in England but in all of Europe.
If we are to believe rumors then Nasri to City is all but a done deal...Arsenal are just holding out hoping for some extra money but the rumored figures are between 20-25m for Nasri. Nasri would definitely add more creativity to City but I think City should go after a more dominant attacking midfielder...I think getting Sneijder would pretty much lock up the Premiership title for them. Who knows, maybe a Tevez for Sneijder deal is in the works. Or possibly Tevez for Eto'o.

Speaking of Tevez, Mancini loves him and would probably welcome him back in a heart beat. Ofcourse Mancini has no problems treating Adebayor like crap and making him train with the reserves but Tevez is allowed to disrespect the club anytime he wants and yet not suffer any repercussions. It's hard to imagine where Tevez will end up. Reports keep saying Inter but then you get reports that Inter are hemorrhaging money and want to sell Eto'o or Sneijder so it wouldnt make much sense for them to take back Tevez who commands a hefty salary himself. Either way, it seems like Tevez will remain a City player in the meantime unless something drastic happens. Keeping him around wouldnt be the worst thing for City considering he is good for 15+ EPL goals a season. Tevez is one of the biggest crybabies in the sport but the man has an uncanny ability to forget about distractions come game time and give 100% effort.

Speaking of Adebayor, what is going to happen to him? Is he going back to Real or another loan?

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Speaking of Adebayor, what is going to happen to him? Is he going back to Real or another loan?
Rumors are that Mourinho wants him back at Real but the club only wants him on loan and for reduced wages.

City want to sell him outright but the biggest deterrent for potential suitors is that he is one of the highest earning strikers in the world.

Ofcourse, Adebayor is not crazy enough to take a paycut and is willing to wait it out until near the deadline when the dominoes will likely start to fall in to place. A realistic scenario is he goes out on loan once again with City paying a portion of his salary.

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Mesut Ozil is becoming one of my favorite players to watch.

He's one of the very few Madrid players I like. I instantly became a fan during the WC last year

Alexis Sanchez > Ozil

IMO

I sorta agree. Sanchez has more speed and dribbling skills but Ozil  has superb vision. When madrid play attacking ball u see his genius.

Its hard for me to say this but
Madrid Gold unis > Barca red blue lines unis
eyes.gif

As far as greatness
Barca
happy.gif
> Madrid

Barca gots this wednesday. 

it was great to see another former River player don the Barca kit.

alexissanchez2.jpg

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez
QFT regarding everything about Cesc. Well said.
What a debut by Ageuro, absolutely electric. Always knew him to have trickery, power, and pace in abundance, but I seem to have underrated his awareness. And apparently he has barely trained with the rest of the squad.

City's front 6 could possibly look something like this in a few weeks: 

-------Tevez------

Silva--Aguero--Nasri

--Toure----De Jong--

eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

^^^^^^^^^

THATS THE SAME LINE UP I WAS THINKING ALSO

THE BACKLINE CAN BE CRAZY ALSO

CLICHY/KOLAROV-----KOMPANY/LESCOTT------KOLO TOURE/LESCOTT-----RICHARDS/ZABALETA

WE ARE GOING TO BE BANANAS THIS YEAR
pimp.gif

SCARRIEST TEAM IN THE EPL
pimp.gif

Arsenal better sell Nasri to some German team or something. I dont want to see him in a Man City jersey ever. Especially with the other players on that team already.

Back
Top Bottom