The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Skrtel should've been sent off for giving away the penalty...it was pretty clear that he was the last man...

wasn't this the same referee that gave a penalty for Newcastle at Old Trafford?

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Skrtel should've been sent off for giving away the penalty...it was pretty clear that he was the last man...

Wasn't even a penalty, Toure dove before any contact. The Skrtel bumped knees with a falling Toure. Despicable.
Additionally, at the angle Toure was running I think Agger (not sure if it was Agger trailing) was still close enough to where he could make a play had Toure stayed up.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Wasn't even a penalty, Toure dove before any contact. The Skrtel bumped knees with a falling Toure. Despicable.
Additionally, at the angle Toure was running I think Agger (not sure if it was Agger trailing) was still close enough to where he could make a play had Toure stayed up.
i just watched that angle of the replay...there was probably a brush of the knee but you're right,there wasn't any contact at all...
but Toure was from Barca...just sayin'...
grin.gif

A few of you saying it wasn't a penalty make it sound like it would have changed the outcome of the game. Even with ten men pool couldn't find the back of the net and had plenty of chances. Pool are as bad arsenal, they're both teams on the decline.

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

A few of you saying it wasn't a penalty make it sound like it would have changed the outcome of the game.
no one said anything about that...i was only talking about the referee's penalty decision...

smh at us losing, FC Dallas, oscar pareja...hopefully our academy doesnt take a blow..

Broskis I am starting ye olde blog back up for the lead up to Euro 2012.

I'm changing things up though. Less emphasis on analysis of current squads and more historical and cultural takes. Less focus on players and coaches and chances. I don't really know who's going to win or how good their chances are so why address it.

To see what I mean check out the first team profile on the Dutch. It is sort of TL;DR but there's a lot of good stuff in there if I may be so bold. I read a pretty lengthy book about the Dutch before I read this so it's not just regurgitations of what everyone is saying, hopefully.

Also, if anyone wants to contribute I am both looking for regular contributors or one timers if anyone feels particularly well placed to address a certain team. It doesn't even have to be Euro 2012 related, just anything about soccer that is interesting and has "pause-worthy" ideas.

http://comekickit.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/1086/

Oooph... lucked-out there for Rio... should have been a penalty.
EDIT ~ Ba scores again!
30t6p3b.gif
 Can't stop scoring.  1st goal conceded by Lind. too... 
eek.gif
  Great goal.

Well, Newcastle has clearly been the better team, and not cuz they're up... its cuz they've created more chances... Time for SAF to work his magic.

United simply isn't there...

smh...

WE NEED TO GET A CAM!!!!

We don't dominate the midfield like we used to...

Back
Top Bottom