The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

a bunch of dudes in here thinking the brazilian league/copa libertadores is some walk in the park compared to europe. smh.

Fenomeno, don't worry I have plenty of friends like that as well. Shame to discredit a footballer purely on perceived lower level of competition. I love what I've seen from Alaba, near world-class potential at LB. Can also play LM. Likes to get forward like the Marcelo and Clichy mold. For Madrid, I don't say this often, but Mou got it wrong with Coentrao over Marcelo. Arbeloa was surprisingly solid on the right side of the pitch.

The whole "X player is too fragile to play in the EPL" argument is so tired and lame. It's been disproven over and over again. As someone else said, defenders are probably more skilled and less nasty in the Euro leagues. If there's a player absolutely $*+%%*!$ on defenses in Brazil, chances are he'll be a pretty damn good player in any league.

Just another cliched, hollow argument that people always throw around in this thread.

they are dangerous yes, but i think thats what they need to be "elite" let me be clear i picked bayern in the beginning but they did not score enough today, i will be pretty surprised if they advance

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

You really have no idea what you're talking about. So frustrating seeing all of you babble on and on about Neymar when all you catch are his highlights.
Neymar rarely, rarely misses a game. The kid has incredible genes endurance wise. 

I would however like to see him hit Europe before 2014. Will only happen if Santos see some terrible run of form.
That's cause he's not playing against real defense, and ANY football fan/analyst will agree with that. 
I'd honestly like to see what happens when Neymar is getting tackled on the regular by the likes of Sergio Ramos, John Terry, Ferdinand, Phil Jones, Vidic, etc

You watch those Brazil games and get all excited and his dribbling talent, but in Europe/UK he'd either have almost ZERO time to pull all of those stunts off, or he'd be tackled very badly because of mis-timed challenges...

Once he gets on the weights....well then that's a different story.
Have you ever watched a Brazilian league game? I don't know where you Americans/analysts/football fans get off claiming they don't play defense in Brazil. He's been on the weights for a while now, bulked up considerably since he started playing. Furthermore, he gets poorly tackled a %$*@ ton, not an injury to date.
Stick to Fox Soccer sport. 
I asked this question a few days ago.. 
They cant even name the managers of two teams in Brazil but they can tell you that there is no defense played..

Get outta here with that nonsense. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The whole "X player is too fragile to play in the EPL" argument is so tired and lame. It's been disproven over and over again. As someone else said, defenders are probably more skilled and less nasty in the Euro leagues. If there's a player absolutely $*+%%*!$ on defenses in Brazil, chances are he'll be a pretty damn good player in any league.

Just another cliched, hollow argument that people always throw around in this thread.

You gotta understand...
NT > Liga de Brasil.

roll.gif

578977_349648011749080_175913989122484_866964_969922540_n.jpg

Really enjoyed Bayern-Madrid.

I don't see how people think Bayern is in a weak position going forward. That second goal was huge for them and puts them in great position to advance. I didn't really see much from Madrid to suggest that they have a great chance of coming out and putting 2+ unanswered past Neuer.

As I was watching the game today it struck me that:

Ronaldo: Portugal's best player.
Ozil: Arguably Germany's best.
Ribery: Arguably France's best.
Robben: Arguably Holland's best.

Not a crazy observation or anything, but it's
pimp.gif
that so many top top notch players are facing off in the same encounter. This is what the Champions League should be.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Fenomeno, don't worry I have plenty of friends like that as well. Shame to discredit a footballer purely on perceived lower level of competition. I love what I've seen from Alaba, near world-class potential at LB. Can also play LM. Likes to get forward like the Marcelo and Clichy mold. For Madrid, I don't say this often, but Mou got it wrong with Coentrao over Marcelo. Arbeloa was surprisingly solid on the right side of the pitch.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All the offensive minded FBs in world football and Gael Clichy is the second name to pop up!? He is trash going forward.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 To me that was up there with the dude complaining about City's player failures and then used SWP as an example. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Is Özil that good at Real Madrid ? Because for Germany playing, he doesn't leave me really impressed.
I thinkk Schweinsteiger is the best.Özil misses a lot of chances and forgets sometimes to pass the ball at the right time.

I don't see how people think Bayern is in a weak position going forward. That second goal was huge for them and puts them in great position to advance. I didn't really see much from Madrid to suggest that they have a great chance of coming out and putting 2+ unanswered past Neuer.

pimp.gif
that so many top top notch players are facing off in the same encounter. This is what the Champions League should be.
Real are much stronger at home, but I agree they weren't particularly convincing. Bayern should be favorites to advance just because a draw will do. But I haven't been convinced by Munich's center of defense this season, and I'm not sure they'll be able to replicate their performance from today. 
Ozil, though? IMO, he's inconsistent and is a one dimensional attacker at this point (great vision for the final ball, but poor work rate, strike rate, etc.). I could see him losing his starting NT spot to Kroos/Gotze in a few years. Besides, Germany's best is Phillip Lahm, and he's the only one of the lot who could easily walk onto any starting XI in the world. Had CR in his pocket until Ronaldo switched flanks in an effort to get more involved, but Alaba wasn't giving him much either. 

engoi: I rate Schweinsteiger very highly, but I think relative to other players, Lahm is a better FB than BS is a central midfielder. Just my opinion, of course. 

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

You really have no idea what you're talking about. So frustrating seeing all of you babble on and on about Neymar when all you catch are his highlights.
Neymar rarely, rarely misses a game. The kid has incredible genes endurance wise. 

I would however like to see him hit Europe before 2014. Will only happen if Santos see some terrible run of form.
That's cause he's not playing against real defense, and ANY football fan/analyst will agree with that. 
I'd honestly like to see what happens when Neymar is getting tackled on the regular by the likes of Sergio Ramos, John Terry, Ferdinand, Phil Jones, Vidic, etc

You watch those Brazil games and get all excited and his dribbling talent, but in Europe/UK he'd either have almost ZERO time to pull all of those stunts off, or he'd be tackled very badly because of mis-timed challenges...

Once he gets on the weights....well then that's a different story.
Have you ever watched a Brazilian league game? I don't know where you Americans/analysts/football fans get off claiming they don't play defense in Brazil. He's been on the weights for a while now, bulked up considerably since he started playing. Furthermore, he gets poorly tackled a %$*@ ton, not an injury to date.
Stick to Fox Soccer sport. 
Yes, the country I live in gets the full season of Brazilian football on our satellite package. 
I don't live in America, I don't have Fox Soccer Sport. 

I'll remain with my opinion that Neymar will need to get stronger to BEAST UK/Spain the way he does Brazil.

But technically it's pointless, cause he won't move until 2014 (minimum) anyway, and by then who knows what will happen.

Trunks, I was going to mention Evra and Cole but Alaba is not very similar to them. You might have a perception of Clichy based on his Arsenal career, but this year he's been very valuable to City going forward along with Micah Richards. So much that Clichy supplanted Kolarov as the permanent starter and #13 is deemed surplus this summer. Clichy has good pace and whips in dangerous balls for Mancini's side.

My buddy called Cristiano Ronaldo the LeBron of European football. Had me fuming at the bar and reminiscing about the 2008 United/Chelsea final.

The time is upon us..
Futsal Club Barcelona will lose..

Im very interested to see what their line up will be this time..

Will it be 3 defenders & 7 midfielders again???

Chelsea have a good chance.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

My buddy called Cristiano Ronaldo the LeBron of European football. Had me fuming at the bar and reminiscing about the 2008 United/Chelsea final.

I can't see how when Lebron (last time I checked) hasn't won much. 
Maybe the Kobe of Euro Footie...

Damn...cross bar keeping Chelsea in this one!

Sanchez must have been celebrating inside before it even dropped...

Originally Posted by srvballer

Fabregas with the god awful strike.

Barca looks ready to feast though

Dudes are looking hongry!
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
 at Messi's ability to find space in the smallest of gaps...

Originally Posted by srvballer

Fabregas with the god awful strike.

Barca looks ready to feast though

im real suprised its still no score theres been some great play
but that shot
sick.gif
right infront of goal and wasnt even close

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

pimp.gif
Real are much stronger at home, but I agree they weren't particularly convincing. Bayern should be favorites to advance just because a draw will do. But I haven't been convinced by Munich's center of defense this season, and I'm not sure they'll be able to replicate their performance from today. 
Ozil, though? IMO, he's inconsistent and is a one dimensional attacker at this point (great vision for the final ball, but poor work rate, strike rate, etc.). I could see him losing his starting NT spot to Kroos/Gotze in a few years. Besides, Germany's best is Phillip Lahm, and he's the only one of the lot who could easily walk onto any starting XI in the world. Had CR in his pocket until Ronaldo switched flanks in an effort to get more involved, but Alaba wasn't giving him much either. 

engoi: I rate Schweinsteiger very highly, but I think relative to other players, Lahm is a better FB than BS is a central midfielder. Just my opinion, of course. 
I have a soft spot for Ozil but I agree that he's not evolving like he should be given how brilliantly he hit the scene. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Euros.
And yeah, I def thought about Lahm and even Neuer when typing that up. Lahm did a job on CR and then created that last goal by totally ***!%+!@ on Contrao. 

I think I'm gonna be traveling during the second leg. 
frown.gif

Damn Ashley Cole just saved Chelsea....

again...smh how does Messi find the space for those passes...

Back
Top Bottom