The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by engoi

Capello mentioned that one and I was upset because it is not true and he used it only
because he didn't do his job.
Özil is born in germany, should he play for Turkey like the Altintops ?
That is exactly the opposite of integration.Not a good thing.

Every Eng manager is going to bring up stuff to cover why their team is horrible. 
A lot of it has to do with the players, and some with the team selection. 

Why Micah Richards is off, I don't get. 

Downing?  Why not Adam Johnson?

Caroll instead of Holt? Crouch? Graham?  Yes Carroll is younger, but Holt had a better season, and has played better than Carroll for a while now.

Terry?

How Scott Sinclair didn't get the call up over Downing, I'll never understand.

Henderson?

Kelly?

Why on earth did they stack so hard on Liverpool, a team who performed so poorly this season. 

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Caroll instead of Holt? Crouch? Graham?  Yes Carroll is younger, but Holt had a better season, and has played better than Carroll for a while now.

Terry?

Henderson?

Kelly?

Why on earth did they stack so hard on Liverpool, a team who performed so poorly this season. 
well, micah wasnt selected initially and was placed on the 'stand-by list'...he took that as a sign of disrespect and opted to be considered for the selected team or not considered at all. which is why he wasnt even thought up once cahill was hurt. hes been subject to a lot of criticism in the british press, and being labeled as arrogant and pompous..carrick wanted off the standby list as well.

i do feel it is ridicules that they werent automatically selected..both players have had an awesome season..same goes for holt and crouchy, surely they had a better year than carroll..and its pretty obvious how i feel about the whole rio situation...'footballing reasons'
indifferent.gif

roys gonna hear no end to this whole debacle soon as england has another awful experience at a major tournament. bet.   

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Terry?

Henderson?

Kelly?

well, micah wasnt selected initially and was placed on the 'stand-by list'...he took that as a sign of disrespect and opted to be considered for the selected team or not considered at all. which is why he wasnt even thought up once cahill was hurt. hes been subject to a lot of criticism in the british press, and being labeled as arrogant and pompous..carrick wanted off the standby list as well.

i do feel it is ridicules that they werent automatically selected..both players have had an awesome season..same goes for holt and crouchy, surely they had a better year than carroll..and its pretty obvious how i feel about the whole rio situation...'footballing reasons'
indifferent.gif

roys gonna hear no end to this whole debacle soon as england has another awful experience at a major tournament. bet.   

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Brazil is beyond disappointing.. 
30t6p3b.gif

Neymar is not enough.. I would be surprised if they make it to the Olympic finals.

I hope Ronaldinho goes to Santos tho.. 

They just gotta get him to focus and stop partying..

And he will be back on the Selecao.

Santos are never going to risk fixing what's not broken with Ronaldinho. The guy's a cancer. Flamengo is also the most poorly run footballing outfit in the world, it sucks to suck 
ohwell.gif

Atlético - MG will probably pick him up.

Brazil team will be fine, the loss should wake them up. People need to stop trying to find ways to criticize Neymar 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by emier2

i think today's game is the beginning of mexico's ascension into the soccer elite. they've always had the pace and technical talent, but they've lacked discipline and size up front. the lack of a bigger striker was the biggest reason they would struggle in many games against elite teams (argentina, spain, germany, etc.)- they wouldn't be able to finish scoring opportunities. now that they have chicarito (and denegris behind him), they final have a legitimate striker, easily their best sign borghetti (probably since sanchez). You add in talents like guardado and gio and factor they abundant talent at the youth levels (jonathan dos santos at barca, ulises davila at chelsea, marco fabian), mexico will become a force to be reckoned with. They're only going to gain experience and confidence on their way to world cup 2014. too bad its being held in brazil. this wouldve been mexicos chance to win it all....

mexico fanboys need to stop.

i had a mexico fan telling me today that they are going to win the world cup
indifferent.gif

they take one friendly game against a u-23 brazil team to theiur heads.
i had another guy saying they are top 5.
indifferent.gif

really?

i have nothing agiasnt the team, but the fans is a whole other story!

i think today's game is the beginning of mexico's ascension into the soccer elite. they've always had the pace and technical talent, but they've lacked discipline and size up front. the lack of a bigger striker was the biggest reason they would struggle in many games against elite teams (argentina, spain, germany, etc.)- they wouldn't be able to finish scoring opportunities. now that they have chicarito (and denegris behind him), they final have a legitimate striker, easily their best sign borghetti (probably since sanchez). You add in talents like guardado and gio and factor they abundant talent at the youth levels (jonathan dos santos at barca, ulises davila at chelsea, marco fabian), mexico will become a force to be reckoned with. They're only going to gain experience and confidence on their way to world cup 2014. too bad its being held in brazil. this wouldve been mexicos chance to win it all....
Also won the Toulon tourney against some good teams. Marco Fabian is gonna be good

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

really?

no flipping way we win the world cup, hey! im happy if we get to a 5th game!
laugh.gif
, mexicos game IS getting better but in no way are we real contenders yet, (this has nothing to do with yesterdays game because we shouldn't have won), the players are actually believing we can beat the big boys, and that comes from some of them actually playing in europe (or training in gios/barrera/efras case
laugh.gif
), our lower age squads are getting used to winning, 2 u17 world cups, 3rd place un the u20 WC, our u23 just won toulon promises and is GREATLY improving (after a horrible copa america), u15 squad just won a golden talent thing in the netherlands...

im looking ahead to 2018 when these new generations, i mean both of the squads that won the u17 wc are old enough to play side by side, i have high hopes, if mexico wins a WC before i die im gonna die a happy mexican, im 27 and i can only dream
laugh.gif

Last year I had the opportunity to work at the 2011 Gold Cup opener between El Salvador-Mexico, which I posted pictures of in this same thread. This year I was able to come back as an SUM communications staff assistant and work the Mexico-Brasil friendly (along with the events leading up to it). Met a lot of great people, had an in depth conversation with Selecao coach Mano Menezes and got a bunch more experience added to my resume. Here are some pictures taken with my iPhone throughout the events. Sorry if the pics post too big!
Neymar greeting fans at hotel arrival

Press Conference room courtesy of me

Marcelo and Thiago Silva talking to media prior to their practice at Cowboys stadium

Neymar & Pato at practice

Mexican players warming up and on the bench

Neymar (in game)

Hulk taking a corner

Pre-game ceremonies

Mano's post game interview with media

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

really?

the comments and the sn.
30t6p3b.gif

mexico fans need to take it one step at a time. this isn't the first time we beat brazil.

bfiepz.jpg

title reads, "im being honest, and i say it while looking at you straight in the eyes, i want to retire in Madrid" 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

As a US fan it frustrates me to see Mexico headed in the opposite direction as us. They talent Mexico is going to tap into in the next couple years is excellent. On the other hand we have no where near the talent coming in, and this current group looks like its peaked. 
tired.gif
I'm sorry but there's no way the United States is regressing on any level, not by any metric. 
and out of the current group, none of these guys are anywhere close to peaking.

Jozy Altidore - 22yo coming off best season of his career 

Fabian Johnson - 24yo coming off first season as a full-time starter in the Bundesliga

Michael Bradley - 24yo coming off best season of his career and one of the most sought after transfer market targets in his league

Jose Torres - 24yo proven pro looking for a move to Europe

Geoff Cameron - 26yo unusually early in development and on his way to Europe

Brad Guzan - 27yo still very early in his GK development

Terrance Boyd - 21yo not even an established pro

Eric Lichaj - 23yo hardly an established pro, EPL starter second half of the season

Tim Ream - 24yo third year pro and instant starter on (albeit) relegated EPL side

Daniel Willaims - 22yo second year pro

Joe Corona - 21yo second year pro

Juan Agudelo - 19yo second year pro

At the youth level there's an unprecedented amount of talent both abroad and domestically, the U.S. will be just fine. The grass aint that much greener. 

I can't see him leaving. I mean, anything can happen ofcourse but if Real keeps on getting better and start winning CL trophys, why leave arguably the greatest club in history?

He has a chance to be the greatest player in that clubs history. I know he's talked about going back to United because of his love for the game in England and Fergie, but I can't see him leaving Madrid.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

really?

Come on now, every country has delusional fans...not just México. Not too long ago, U.S. "fanboys" decided they were going to be WC contenders because they eliminated Spain from the Confederations Cup. And don't even get me started on the Freddy Adu, Brek Shea, and Juan Agudelo hype wagon they had going on.Also, even though it was a U-23 Brasil along with 3 senior players (silva, hulk, and marcelo) , that was probably somewhat the strongest squad they have today. Apart from Dani Alves and David Luiz, Players such as Maicon, Robinho, Kaka, Lucio, Ronaldinho, and the rest of the names we were use to seeing in Brasil call-ups are all past their prime and have not been performing well enough to deserve a call up.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

really?

indifferent.gif

Come_At_Me_Bro_Crowd.jpg

Congratulations, great player.According to german sources the transfer fee were 15mil euros.

ESPN ranks the top 40 at the Euros...

Debate.

#1: Ronaldo, POR
#2: Iniesta, SPA
#3: Xavi, SPA
#4: Robin van Persie, NED
#5: Mesut Ozil, GER
#6: Wayne Rooney, ENG
#7: David Silva, SPA
#8: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, SWE
#9: Bastian Schweinsteiger, GER
#10: Arjen Robben, NED
#11: Luka Modric, CRO
#12: Franck Ribery, FRA
#13: Iker Casillas, SPA
#14: Wesley Sneijder, NED
#15: Cesc Fabregas, SPA
#16: Philipp Lahm, GER
#17: Karim Benzema, FRA
#18: Thomas Muller, GER
#19: Daniele De Rossi, ITA
#20: Gerard Pique, SPA
#21: Mario Balotelli, ITA
#22: Nani, POR
#23: Joe Hart, ENG
#24: Sergio Busquets, SPA
#25: Manuel Neuer, GER
#26: Steven Gerrard, ENG
#27: Christian Eriksen, DEN
#28: Mario Gomez, GER
#29: Samir Nasri, FRA
#30: Andrea Pirlo, ITA
#31: Mario Gotze, GER
#32: Gianluigi Buffon, ITA
#33: Juan Mata, SPA
#34: Xabi Alonso, SPA
#35: Giorgio Chiellini, ITA
#36: Ashley Cole, ENG
#37: Sami Khedira, GER
#38: Sergio Ramos, SPA
#39: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, NED
#40: Yann M’Vila, FRA

Ronaldo ranked #1 is highly questionable to me. I just dont see him influencing the tourney that much to get that ranking. Yeah we all know he is a great player for Real. Is he a great player for Portugal?

Back
Top Bottom