The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

That list is terrible though. Joe Hart over Neuer? Lulz

laugh.gif
@ Fabregas even being on it and being #15

laugh.gif
@ Zlatan being #8. Dude has been the third best player in the world over the last year.

Ozil hasn't been as good as last season. I wondered what their rationale has been for putting him so high. I figured it must be because he won La Liga.. But then I saw Benzema at #17. No RM fan will tell you that Ozil was better than Benzema this previous season.

Christian Eriksen over Gomez, who is #28? What the hell? I don't enjoy watching Gomez and any of those "right place at the right time" cheap goal scorers. But #28????
roll.gif
Dude was just behind Messi as the Champions League leading scorer.

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Kagawa gets the number 7 jersey too...
Following in the footsteps of legends... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and where did you see that hes getting the 7 nod?
I was informed by a football analyst friend of mine. 
And I guess it makes sense since they just dropped Owen, so the number is avail. 

Will wait and see...

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Atlético - MG will probably pick him up.
Apparently this has already happened. 

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

Originally Posted by emier2

i think today's game is the beginning of mexico's ascension into the soccer elite. they've always had the pace and technical talent, but they've lacked discipline and size up front. the lack of a bigger striker was the biggest reason they would struggle in many games against elite teams (argentina, spain, germany, etc.)- they wouldn't be able to finish scoring opportunities. now that they have chicarito (and denegris behind him), they final have a legitimate striker, easily their best sign borghetti (probably since sanchez). You add in talents like guardado and gio and factor they abundant talent at the youth levels (jonathan dos santos at barca, ulises davila at chelsea, marco fabian), mexico will become a force to be reckoned with. They're only going to gain experience and confidence on their way to world cup 2014. too bad its being held in brazil. this wouldve been mexicos chance to win it all....

mexico fanboys need to stop.

i had a mexico fan telling me today that they are going to win the world cup
indifferent.gif

they take one friendly game against a u-23 brazil team to theiur heads.
i had another guy saying they are top 5.
indifferent.gif

really?

i have nothing agiasnt the team, but the fans is a whole other story!

Come on now, every country has delusional fans...not just México. Not too long ago, U.S. "fanboys" decided they were going to be WC contenders because they eliminated Spain from the Confederations Cup. And don't even get me started on the Freddy Adu, Brek Shea, and Juan Agudelo hype wagon they had going on.Also, even though it was a U-23 Brasil along with 3 senior players (silva, hulk, and marcelo) , that was probably somewhat the strongest squad they have today. Apart from Dani Alves and David Luiz, Players such as Maicon, Robinho, Kaka, Lucio, Ronaldinho, and the rest of the names we were use to seeing in Brasil call-ups are all past their prime and have not been performing well enough to deserve a call up.

cmon son

we are talking about wprld class players.

only a mexico fan would think the following
chicharron, guardado, dos santos,marquez and barrera>>>>>>>>> an aging maicon, robinho, kaka, lucio and dinho

but in reality
an aging maicon, robinho, kaka, lucio and dinho>>>>>>>>>>> chicharron, guardado, dos santos,marquez and barrera

30t6p3b.gif

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Daily Rumors....[/font]
"Arsenal are in talks with Anderlecht's Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia, 26. However, they face stiff competition from Real Madrid."

"West Brom midfielder ­Youssouf Mulumbu, 25, claims he is wanted by Newcastle and ­Tottenham. "We have already started talking to teams like Newcastle and Tottenham," he said. "I'm leaving it all in the hands of my agent."

"Tottenham's Dutch midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, 29, has refused to rule out the prospect of joining Schalke, in a bid to be closer to his wife who works for a German TV channel."

QPR boss Mark Hughes is eyeing Fraser Forster, 24, as a potential new number one. The goalkeeper has spent the last two seasons on loan at Celtic from Newcastle.

"Sunderland want to sign Republic of Ireland winger Aiden McGeady, 26, who is halfway through a four-year deal at Spartak Moscow."

"Turkish side Eskisehirspor want Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky, 31, despite him only recently signing a new deal at the Emirates."

Also, even though it was a U-23 Brasil along with 3 senior players (silva, hulk, and marcelo) , that was probably somewhat the strongest squad they have today. Apart from Dani Alves and David Luiz, Players such as Maicon, Robinho, Kaka, Lucio, Ronaldinho, and the rest of the names we were use to seeing in Brasil call-ups are all past their prime and have not been performing well enough to deserve a call up.

I think you're wrong about Maicon, and about this being the strongest Brazil squad today, but I guess thats debatable. Diego should've gotten some caps in these last few friendlies, by this time next year Mano will have him in the squad and regret not having incorporated him earlier. Rafael might be the real deal for Brasil, always tough to pick any one over Julio Cesar, but Rafael has really shown that he's comfortable in the yellow kit. 
Pelé called out Neymar for diving... 
grin.gif
 Not that his criticism is misguided... I would just rather he stick to exchanging not-so-witty remarks with Maradona

mexico fanboys need to stop.

i had a mexico fan telling me today that they are going to win the world cup
indifferent.gif

they take one friendly game against a u-23 brazil team to theiur heads.
i had another guy saying they are top 5.
indifferent.gif

really?

i have nothing agiasnt the team, but the fans is a whole other story!

Come on now, every country has delusional fans...not just México. Not too long ago, U.S. "fanboys" decided they were going to be WC contenders because they eliminated Spain from the Confederations Cup. And don't even get me started on the Freddy Adu, Brek Shea, and Juan Agudelo hype wagon they had going on.Also, even though it was a U-23 Brasil along with 3 senior players (silva, hulk, and marcelo) , that was probably somewhat the strongest squad they have today. Apart from Dani Alves and David Luiz, Players such as Maicon, Robinho, Kaka, Lucio, Ronaldinho, and the rest of the names we were use to seeing in Brasil call-ups are all past their prime and have not been performing well enough to deserve a call up.

cmon son

we are talking about wprld class players.

only a mexico fan would think the following
chicharron, guardado, dos santos,marquez and barrera>>>>>>>>> an aging maicon, robinho, kaka, lucio and dinho

but in reality
an aging maicon, robinho, kaka, lucio and dinho>>>>>>>>>>> chicharron, guardado, dos santos,marquez and barrera

30t6p3b.gif

Who's saying that? I don't know any Mexicans that are saying we have better quality players, including the names you mentioned.Mexico has to settle with what we have, Brasil don't. We only have a few players competing in top class leagues, Brasil don't. Brasil is not like Mexico and the U.S, they don't have to call up players simply because they play in a top club even thouh they are off form because they have other world class players that are in form. In my opinion, an IN FORM Marcelo, Neymar, Hulk, Silva, Pato>>>>>>> OFF FORM Maicon, Robinho, Lucio, Kaka, and Ronaldinho..........which is the squad the U.S. lost 4-1 and Mexico beat 2-0.Chicharron? Really? Im not even going to debate with you anymore because you sound like the typical Centralamerican who always tries to discredit every little bit of glory Mexico gets...no offense to Centroamericanos, i have nothing against them.

Kagawa is not that dude like that..
But whatever..

Good for Man U.
what are you basing this off? have you seen him play? have you seen the boys numbers?...

15-17 mil, we got him for a bargain as well..now we have the extra funds for another signing
pimp.gif

Kagawa is a 25m+ player that went for less due to contract situation. I expect him to do well.

Shame the home kit is hideous or else I would've picked one up.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Kagawa is a 25m+ player that went for less due to contract situation. I expect him to do well.

agreed. as terrible as it looks im still going to have to nab one though
laugh.gif
, especially if he gets the 7 nod (even though i want nani to get it)

im hoping we sign kevin strootman next!

hes 22 and the captain of PSV, hes capped 11 matches for the dutch, united have been rather successful with signings from PSV (jaap stam + ruud), AND hes a 6'1 holding midfielder with great vision and pace. SIGN HIM UP FERGIE
devil.gif

laugh.gif

hes 22 and the captain of PSV, hes capped 11 matches for the dutch, hes often kept nigel de jong on the bench, united have been rather successful with signings from PSV (jaap stam + ruud), AND hes a 6'1 holding midfielder with great vision and pace. SIGN HIM UP FERGIE
devil.gif

Heard that he's been linked to Arsenal 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

hes 22 and the captain of PSV, hes capped 11 matches for the dutch, hes often kept nigel de jong on the bench, united have been rather successful with signings from PSV (jaap stam + ruud), AND hes a 6'1 holding midfielder with great vision and pace. SIGN HIM UP FERGIE
devil.gif

Heard that he's been linked to Arsenal 
wink.gif
So was Kagawa...
wink.gif

The only issue is the Euro's often raise the prices of players.  Would have been nicer to get him before the Euros

^^^my thoughts exactly...similar story to javier and the WC, had we signed him after the tournament he would of cost so much more.

im surprised juventus signed kwadwo asamoah, i rate him highly. but do they need pogba now?

“But with Bradley he has important offers from top teams in our Division and at the top level in foreign championships from England and Germany.
“My feeling? Probably we will part ways in this summer’s transfer market. We’ve already found his replacement.

Kagawa is not that dude like that..
But whatever..

Good for Man U.
what are you basing this off? have you seen him play? have you seen the boys numbers?...

15-17 mil, we got him for a bargain as well..now we have the extra funds for another signing
pimp.gif
Of course I have seen him play.. Only a few matches..
I usually see little clips of him on the highlight shows.

Natural talent and very technical. But there are plenty like him.

I just feel like Man U. needs more character. Thats all.

Like a Wesley Sneijder type midfielder at Utd would be
pimp.gif

i can agree that we need more character...were missing our roy keane, but im not sure i can say that theres plenty out like shinji. thats a stretch. gotze, alcantara, eden, christian eriksen, and modric are all similar in that they have high technical ability, vision, balance, and are young. but i cant think of many others that would be similar to these players if im honest...

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tumblr_lagmmcoRmD1qbrh53o1_500.jpg
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

There seems to be a big divide amongst Arsenal fans as to whether they would like us to sign Clint. I think he'd do great at Arsenal. He'd bench Ramsey instantly and would compete with Rosicky for first choice AM and I'd allow jack to come back slowly and not put our title chances on his shoulders after being out a whole year.
Reasons for Clint Dempsey to Arsenal: 
1) He wants to play in the Champions League

2)He has goals in him (Our midfield return for goals this year was a total joke) Which imo is why we need a upgrade on AM over a DM. Our attack is so inept at times we have 8 players in the opponents half...catching us on the counter is too easy but if our back 4 (+ Song) were able to concentrate on defending we'd look solid. We have the individuals to make a great defense, the tactics we employ makes them look like crap.  

3)He's 29 so he's experienced and wont need time to adapt to the PL (plus he wont "kill" young player X's development
30t6p3b.gif
 ) 

4)He works super hard and looks hungry to score goals. No Arshavin. 

5) Probably the most important factor...he wont cost that much ~10m

Sign him up Arsene and go for Gotze next summer as maybe be will want to leave Dortmund then.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tumblr_lagmmcoRmD1qbrh53o1_500.jpg
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

There seems to be a big divide amongst Arsenal fans as to whether they would like us to sign Clint. I think he'd do great at Arsenal. He'd bench Ramsey instantly and would compete with Rosicky for first choice AM and I'd allow jack to come back slowly and not put our title chances on his shoulders after being out a whole year.
Reasons for Clint Dempsey to Arsenal: 
1) He wants to play in the Champions League

2)He has goals in him (Our midfield return for goals this year was a total joke) Which imo is why we need a upgrade on AM over a DM. Our attack is so inept at times we have 8 players in the opponents half...catching us on the counter is too easy but if our back 4 (+ Song) were able to concentrate on defending we'd look solid. We have the individuals to make a great defense, the tactics we employ makes them look like crap.  

3)He's 29 so he's experienced and wont need time to adapt to the PL (plus he wont "kill" young player X's development
30t6p3b.gif
 ) 

4)He works super hard and looks hungry to score goals. No Arshavin. 

5) Probably the most important factor...he wont cost that much ~10m

Sign him up Arsene and go for Gotze next summer as maybe be will want to leave Dortmund then.
I just think he'll want to go somewhere that he can play striker. They're not going to replace RVP either.

UEFA EURO 2012 THIS WEEKEND!!! WHOSE PUMPED???? ROOTING FOR POLAND (AND IF THEY *** UP THEN FRANCE)!!! POLSKA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom