The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

From Twitter - Lewandowski/ManUtd update. Polish journo Mihal Pol said Smuda's comments were flippant/not serious. "He'd be the last one to know"

info from Lewandowski's people: United made enquiry a month ago, categorically knocked back from Dortmund. no contact since

I live in Brooklyn now and I want to find some fellow football fans. Does anyone know any bars/pubs that air football matches? Specifically the Euro tournament now and the EPL/CL when they return? Maybe a Manchester United supporting one?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I live in Brooklyn now and I want to find some fellow football fans. Does anyone know any bars/pubs that air football matches? Specifically the Euro tournament now and the EPL/CL when they return? Maybe a Manchester United supporting one?
East River Bar (http://www.fcstpaulinyc.com) ?
When they show FC St.Pauli games then they show maybe Euro games.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

From Twitter - Lewandowski/ManUtd update. Polish journo Mihal Pol said Smuda's comments were flippant/not serious. "He'd be the last one to know"

info from Lewandowski's people: United made enquiry a month ago, categorically knocked back from Dortmund. no contact since

I know United wanted him a while ago, but I never thought United would actually get him, because the midfield is such an issue.  Also with 3 strikers left...plus that new 18 year old...why would you stack hard with another striker. Unless SAF didn't believe in Welbeck/Chicha....

Rumours...

9/6/2012: The well-informed L'Equipeclaims Samir Nasri has been told he is not in Roberto Mancini's plans at Manchester City, only a year after the Blues beat United to the signing of the France midfielder.

8/6/2012: Arsenal captain Robin van Persie's father Bob has conducted an interview with Proyecto Panenkamagazine. "It is impossible for Robin to play for another team in the Premier League," he said. "He is true to Arsenal."

8/6/2012: Moussa Dembele, who has been linked with United and Chelsea, insists he is keen to remain at Fulham."I'm very happy to stay at Fulham, especially because of the boss," he told the Fulham Chronicle. "I go to training every day and work with joy. It's a fantastic club and I'm not in a hurry to move anywhere."

8/6/2012: Stoke City boss Tony Pulis has confirmed to The Sentinel that he has inquired about Michael Owen. "Yes, we tried to find out what he was doing a couple of years ago," said Pulis. "But nothing came of it - and it was a couple of years ago. Everyone knows Michael's pedigree and the fact he has performed with such distinction at the highest level, for club and country. We are monitoring him, but along with about 400 other players to be honest, so it's a case of waiting to see what happens."

7/6/2012: A couple of news snippets from Spain - Sport suggests Jordi Albahas told Valencia he wants to join Barcelona while Deia reckons Jose Mourinho is pushing hard to sign Athletic Club's Javi Martinez for Real Madrid.

They need to name a constellation in the heavens after that boy....wow.....what a goal...smh just incredible

That last Messi goal was amazing.

laugh.gif
@ Lavezzi and Marcelo about to fight

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Manchester United, you can go to Nevada Smith's or Legend's Bar both in the city

The commentary was on point "THANK GOD FOR LETTING ME BE HERE"
laugh.gif

Lavezzi
laugh.gif

Marcelo is always so on point
Best football match of the day, I mean it never is just a friendly with them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

the announcers said something about levezzi to psg is official now
nerd.gif

27.5m is the price that has been agreed from what I read and everything is in motion

Ecuador vs Colombia today...

Uruguay vs Peru as well...

Should be some crackers...I hope Valencia and Falcao get in on the action today...

Tahiti wins OFC title, will be at Confederations Cup '13 with Brazil, Uruguay, Spain, Japan, Mexico, African/Euro champs.

Population 178K.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I know United wanted him a while ago, but I never thought United would actually get him, because the midfield is such an issue.  Also with 3 strikers left...plus that new 18 year old...why would you stack hard with another striker. Unless SAF didn't believe in Welbeck/Chicha....

Sir Alex is well-known to need 4 quality strikers at his disposal...goes way back to the Treble '99 team when they had Cole,Yorke,Teddy and Ole...
It's a long season both domestically and in Europe(hopefully) so he'll need to rotate the strikers "accordingly"...
the current Utd squad only have 2 proven goalscorers in Wazza and Chich...Welbz is good but he's not the finished article yet...
that South American kid is unproven so i also feel that another big-name striker is just as important as another top midfielder...

unless maybe Sir Alex decides to push Kagawa upfront just behind Rooney...i think the pre-season should indicate where he'll eventually plays in...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Sir Alex is well-known to need 4 quality strikers at his disposal...goes way back to the Treble '99 team when they had Cole,Yorke,Teddy and Ole...
It's a long season both domestically and in Europe(hopefully) so he'll need to rotate the strikers "accordingly"...
the current Utd squad only have 2 proven goalscorers in Wazza and Chich...Welbz is good but he's not the finished article yet...
that South American kid is unproven so i also feel that another big-name striker is just as important as another top midfielder...

unless maybe Sir Alex decides to push Kagawa upfront just behind Rooney...i think the pre-season should indicate where he'll eventually plays in...
Yeah I think SAF also saw what happened with injuries last time in the midfield, and he doesn't want to have a lack of goalscorers in injuries occur. 
If we can snatch him at 15m-17. we'll still have enough for a CAM/CDM & 1 defender.

Reports in France suggest that AC Milan and Brazil defender Thiago Silva will sign for Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday in a deal worth up to €50 million.
Thiago Silva, 27, has been a long-term target for the Parisien giants and L'Equipe broke reports on Monday morning that a deal has been agreed, with the current Brazil captain set to sign on Tuesday.
With a fee quoted at between €40 and 50 million, the transfer would smash the current transfer record for a defender, set with Rio Ferdinand's £30 million move to Manchester United in 2002. It is suggested that he would recieve an annual salary of around €9 million.
Link

Back
Top Bottom