The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Halftime718

From Twitter - Lewandowski/ManUtd update. Polish journo Mihal Pol said Smuda's comments were flippant/not serious. "He'd be the last one to know"

info from Lewandowski's people: United made enquiry a month ago, categorically knocked back from Dortmund. no contact since

I know United wanted him a while ago, but I never thought United would actually get him, because the midfield is such an issue.  Also with 3 strikers left...plus that new 18 year old...why would you stack hard with another striker. Unless SAF didn't believe in Welbeck/Chicha....

Sir Alex is well-known to need 4 quality strikers at his disposal...goes way back to the Treble '99 team when they had Cole,Yorke,Teddy and Ole...
It's a long season both domestically and in Europe(hopefully) so he'll need to rotate the strikers "accordingly"...
the current Utd squad only have 2 proven goalscorers in Wazza and Chich...Welbz is good but he's not the finished article yet...
that South American kid is unproven so i also feel that another big-name striker is just as important as another top midfielder...

unless maybe Sir Alex decides to push Kagawa upfront just behind Rooney...i think the pre-season should indicate where he'll eventually plays in...

would love Lewandowski and to be fair welbeck is not the finished article but he is still to me a automatic starter with wazza...but if we dont sign a striker i must say i will look for willy keane to get some minutes, hope his injury was not to serious b/c the kids got the talent.

Big-spending Paris Saint Germain have made a move for Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric.
The oil-backed French side could end up [font=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]wrecking Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson’s hopes of landing Croatia midfielder Modric[/font] , as it is believed they are ready to offer £30million-plus.

[font=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]
eyes.gif

[/font]

These rich @+! teams are truly starting to eff the game up. wasn't the FFP supposed to start this season?

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

These rich @+! teams are truly starting to eff the game up. wasn't the FFP supposed to start this season?
FFP won't do much to stop the big clubs from spending, but I seriously doubt PSG has the revenue streams to balance spending exorbitant amounts of money (which is the basic idea behind FFP). When you have owners willing to pay out of pocket the market is bound to get inflated, word to Roman Abramovich and Jack Walker before him.  
For anyone interested, The Swiss Ramble is an excellent source for information on FFP, and the business of football. 

Originally Posted by tonton32

nick powell officially part of the squad

pimp.gif

I've heard claims that Modric's personal terms have been agreed upon with United.  Now it's just the transfer fee. But who knows, as we've seen PSG could snap that up.  (put this on ice though until he's out of the Euro's)

Giroud's folks have agreed with Arsenal on the TF, but not yet completed the personal terms.  They're going to try and lump Chamahk in there lol 

Schalke still want RVV from Spurs.  Spurs better hope that Remy deal comes back on the table, and Vertoghen deal gets closed. 

Liverpool still want Kalou from Chelsea. (that could be interesting)

@nando_rojiwhite

"Gimme that win! In their own house against their green lasers and plastic cups and sandwich bags. #InYourFaceCuscatlan"
roll.gif

two tweets from fellow united follower and insider...good news and bad..

1. he has apparently heard from Mike Phelan that we should be welcoming one more signing by summers end
pimp.gif

@PeterBolton3 Spoke to Mike Phelan today (Both on courses at Univ.Warwick) and he said 'one more major signing this summer'

tired.gif

Saw Fletch the other day. He looks so thin (Not like a pro footballer) I doubt if he will play again. (Make a good coach)
View conversation Hide conversation

hope hes wrong..

@MattSpiro Olivier Giroud is close to agreeing a move to Arsenal, according to L'Equipe. €12m transfer could be completed by the end of this week. Wenger made his move at weekend. #AFC offering less than QPR but Giroud not afraid of RVP competition and has heart set on #AFC (L'Equipe)

Originally Posted by tonton32

two tweets from fellow united follower and insider...good news and bad..

1. he has apparently heard from Mike Phelan that we should be welcoming one more signing by summers end
pimp.gif

@PeterBolton3 Spoke to Mike Phelan today (Both on courses at Univ.Warwick) and he said 'one more major signing this summer'

tired.gif

Saw Fletch the other day. He looks so thin (Not like a pro footballer) I doubt if he will play again. (Make a good coach)
View conversation Hide conversation

hope hes wrong..
He's gonna go all out for a "Modric" type of player, and leave "Baines" type of player for one more season. 
I wonder what will happen of the Lewandowski deal?  Or what striker he will fill.  Cause depth next season will be crucial. 

Proud of Guate today cuz we dominated the US in the second half. If we can hang with team USA we can hang with anyone in Concacaf.

Marco Pappa was the best player on the field per anyone who watched the game

Originally Posted by DLo13

Dominated? C'mon now...

Yes dominated in the second half.  In the first half it was pretty even and uninspired. Did you even watch the game?

Even the US Soccer fans said they were lucky to leave with 1pt.

USA has almost no shots on goal besides Dempsey's nice goal.

Back
Top Bottom