The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

Luka Modric is desperate to sign with Real Madrid.
Saddens me...if this happens....who will United have to buy that's actually available. 
We can't afford another season without a strong CAM. 

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

smile.gif
at everyone signing everywhere but Man U
Kagawa won't save you. Arsenal on the come up, Chelsea on the come up, City on the Throne.

Originally Posted by quik1987

smile.gif
Kagawa won't save you. Arsenal on the come up, Chelsea on the come up, City on the Throne.

Waaay too early to start popping champagne...
we only need one CAM and someone like Tiote and we're done shopping.

Manchester United are set to offer Rafael da Silva a new contract to keep away Chelsea from being interested in him.

Malaga are interested in signing Dimitar Berbatov.

Manchester City are going to have to pay 30 mil to be able to sign Fernando Llorente.

Benfica are again interested in Nicklas Bendtner.

Chelsea are planning to make a 10 mil offer to Victor Moses.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Daniel Sturridge wants to quit Chelsea and Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested in him.

Good riddance
laugh.gif

peace to Sturridge.. had high hopes for him this year but he is not who i thought he was.. 
and Victor Moses? Do want.. 

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Daniel Sturridge wants to quit Chelsea and Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested in him.

Good riddance
laugh.gif

peace to Sturridge.. had high hopes for him this year but he is not who i thought he was.. 
and Victor Moses? Do want.. 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

We have Podolski and Giroud, Walcott isn't going anywhere
laugh.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...anchester-city-tottenham-and-liverpool-887056

Daniel Sturridge fears he will be forced to quit Chelsea to revive his England career.

Striker Sturridge, 22, blames new Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo for missing out on ­England’s Euro 2012 squad, having been frozen out by the Italian when he took ­temporary charge from Andre ­Villas-Boas last season.

Sturridge’s former club Manchester City have been watching his ­situation closely, while Chelsea are ready to offer him to Arsenal as part of a bid for Theo Walcott.

Spurs and ­Liverpool have also shown interest.

Sturridge was Chelsea’s top ­performer during the dismal spell under Villas-Boas, but was largely ignored by Di Matteo, who preferred Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres and ­Salomon Kalou.

I know every year we hear that Madrid is going to sign a bunch of big names. Most of the time it doesn't happen. What would you guys put the chances of signing one of these three? Modric, Witsel & SilvaI don't know much about Witsel, but as a Madrid fan I would absolutely love signing either Modric or Silva.

I didn't just throw it out there. One of Luka's best friends and former teammate has said Luka will most likely end up at Madrid. Unless he beats out Ozil (which I doubt happens) then he will come off the bench. I would like to sign somebody that talented to come off the bench for 20-30 minutes a game. Mourinho rarely plays Ozil for more than 70 minutes.

Though he can play CAM, Modric would be used as cover for Alonso, not Ozil. He lacks the steel of a Mourinho-type midfielder, but he'd be used in a trivote so they'd lose nothing defensively. He's more of a deep lying playmaker in the Scholes mold as opposed to a proper number ten. Unless he's sold this window (quite possible), Kaka will likely be utilized as a back up playmaker when he's not playing his usual role of world's most expensive bench decoration.
But of course, rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Though he can play CAM, Modric would be used as cover for Alonso, not Ozil. He lacks the steel of a Mourinho-type midfielder, but he'd be used in a trivote so they'd lose nothing defensively. He's more of a deep lying playmaker in the Scholes mold as opposed to a proper number ten. Unless he's sold this window (quite possible), Kaka will likely be utilized as a back up playmaker when he's not playing his usual role of world's most expensive bench decoration.
But of course, rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt. 

^^ correct. 
Ozil can't really be replaced at Madrid right now.  Dude's understanding of Ronaldo shows with his insane amount of assists. 

However, Modric would cover for Alonso.  Some claim that Kaka (30) is ready to leave. 

It's also rumoured that Modric would prefer to live in Spain.

Originally Posted by rwpolvent6

I know every year we hear that Madrid is going to sign a bunch of big names. Most of the time it doesn't happen. What would you guys put the chances of signing one of these three? Modric, Witsel & Silva I don't know much about Witsel, but as a Madrid fan I would absolutely love signing either Modric or Silva.
Modric is likely.  Silva, I highly HIGHLY doubt that will happen. Especially with Yaya apparently making statements that he'd consider leaving at the end of last season for new challenges. City without Yaya & Silva were useless last season. 

Manchester United are lining up Porto winger James Rodriguez, 20, as a potential replacement for Nani. 
pimp.gif

smile.gif
pimp.gif

Man Utd aint the draw they used to be..

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Manchester United are lining up Porto winger James Rodriguez, 20, as a potential replacement for Nani. 
pimp.gif
Is Nani set to leave man u?

I love David Silva and since i watch more EPL matches then La Liga....i hope he stays with man city lol.  I guess i should check on Llorente more...$30 Mil?? I didn't think he was that good.

Modric to Real wouldn't be a bad move i suppose if he doesn't mind coming off the bench at times. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

pimp.gif
Is Nani set to leave man u?

I love David Silva and since i watch more EPL matches then La Liga....i hope he stays with man city lol.  I guess i should check on Llorente more...$30 Mil?? I didn't think he was that good.

Modric to Real wouldn't be a bad move i suppose if he doesn't mind coming off the bench at times. 
Nani has been disgruntled because contract talks have been quiet, and cause SAF hasn't reached out to him.  
I think it's media sensationalism though, he'll get a new contract. 

Dude was the most consistent player in the PL the season before last.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

smile.gif
pimp.gif

Man Utd aint the draw they used to be..

time and again we've proved the doubters wrong (ask alan hansen) and this will be no different.

381266_2697573248773_1539897261_2732004_1783871158_n.jpg

Can someone explain to me why James Milner is starting over Theo Walcott right now? Walcott has been a monster lately.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by lilMITE87

Can someone explain to me why James Milner is starting over Theo Walcott right now? Walcott has been a monster lately.
England....

thats why

Because in the last game, Walcott was scene limping off.  Manager doesn't want to risk further injury to Walcott.  Rather save him for further matches.
Rooooooooney 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Those of you with Twitter... is there any analysts or commentators worth following for news, rumors and what not?

Originally Posted by M4rioL

Those of you with Twitter... is there any analysts or commentators worth following for news, rumors and what not?

@ReviewFootball
@MirrorFootball

@OptaJoe

@StupidFootball

@FootballFunnys

I'm happy that England made it through.. But that shot that John Terry cleared was definitely a goal. Still wish the Dutch were still in it
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom