The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

Giovinco transfer to Juventus is now official.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that it has terminated in its favour the current player sharing agreement with Parma F.C. S.p.A. (ex art. 102 bis N.O.I.F.) concerning the registration rights of the player Sebastian Giovinco. The sum for the termination has been set at € 11 million that will be paid by Juventus in the next three football seasons.

The contract of employment signed by the player will last until 30 June 2015.

http://www.juventus.com/j...s/21giu2012_giovinco_eng

Sebastian Giovinco’s much-anticipated return to Juventus has been confirmed, as the Bianconeri announce his transfer on their official website.

This week saw Juve’s advanced negotiations with Parma for the 25-year-old made public, and whilst Beppe Marotta and the player’s agent spoke of the move’s close completion, Parma’s announcement on Tuesday of the transfer proved premature.

However, Thursday evening’s statement on Juve’s website has confirmed the completion of their purchase of the Gialloblu’s 50 per cent of the player’s contract.

“Juventus announces that it has resolved in its favour the agreement with Parma relating to the playing rights of footballer Sebastian Giovinco.

“The transfer was resolved for a fee set at €11m to be paid by Juventus over the next three seasons.

“The contract signed with the player is in effect until June 30, 2015.

initally there were talks of Juventus retiring that #10 but i read that Del Piero didn't want to happen...
could we possibly see Giovinco using it next season?he certainly has the abilities...

Wenger said on a TV/radio station that the Giroud deal was 90% done
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

initally there were talks of Juventus retiring that #10 but i read that Del Piero didn't want to happen...
could we possibly see Giovinco using it next season?he certainly has the abilities...
really?

liam brady = legend

Michel_Platini.jpg

michel platini = legend

Roberto-Baggio-Juventus-001.jpg

roberto baggio = legend

tumblr_m5ab1cPtdf1qjneeio1_500.jpg

Pinturicchio = legend

ive grown up loving alessandro, he will always feature in my list of favorite players EVER (as well as baggio) and for that reason i think im a bit biased, but nevertheless i dont think Giovinco despite all his talents is, or will ever be, even close to the players that have previously blessed the no.10 for juve...its a line of complete legends to the game really...i wish they would retire it, but i can see how it wouldnt be fair to the potential of the club, and it doesnt look like they will anyway, and if giovinoco does get it..well good luck to him, i guess.  

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by quik1987

smile.gif
at everyone signing everywhere but Man U

Kagawa won't save you. Arsenal on the come up, Chelsea on the come up, City on the Throne.
laugh.gif
 This clown is too hype for no reason at all

I know you concerned b, don't hide it.
Do you REALLY think United won't sign anyone?  Especially with the likes of people like Strootman also on our list?  You must understand, there's a lot of players that United are looking into that aren't in the UK media.  Relax my man, we should only be worried in the closing stages of the TW.  At this point, there's nothing to worry about.  After the Euro's the TW going to be jumpin like a club....best believe...we'll get the right players...we'll be competitive....and we'll fight for the title till the very end...
Here's just a list of players United have been looking into over this summer

Bocar Djumo (Inter Milan)
Daniele De Rossi (Roma)
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke)
James Rodriguez (Porto)
Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke)
Thiago Alcantara (Barcelona)
Dede (Vasco da Gama)
Axel Witsel (Benfica)
Kevin Strootman (PSV Eindhoven)
Robert Lewandowski (Bor.Dortmund)
Danilo Cataldi (Lazio)
Angelo Henriquez (U. de Chile)
Viktor Fischer (Ajax)
Yohann Cabaye (Newcastle)
Kwadwo Asamoah (Udinese)
Hector Herrera (Pachuca)
Cheick Tiote (Newcastle)
Leighton Baines (Everton)
Luka Modric (Tottenham)
Moussa Dembele (Fulham)
Jordi Alba (Valencia)
Claudio Marchisio (Juventus) 

i do not understand why madrid would sign modric with Khedira, sahin, Granero, and alonso... and kaka coming off the bench for ozil.. imo real is stacked in every position.. except for maybe CB  

lol @ all the united doubters.. no one has signed anyone yet, your basing all of these ppl overlooking united off media speculation... we will make some signings, improve in europe and still finish above most if not all in the league..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by beans718

i do not understand why madrid would sign modric with Khedira, sahin, Granero, and alonso... and kaka coming off the bench for ozil.. imo real is stacked in every position.. except for maybe CB  

lol @ all the united doubters.. no one has signed anyone yet, your basing all of these ppl overlooking united off media speculation... we will make some signings, improve in europe and still finish above most if not all in the league..
pimp.gif
Khedira and Sahin are more CDM's.  Alonso, Granero are CAM's.  It's rumoured Kaka will leave this summer. 
So Madrid are stacking, because they've seen this last season, that depth will be crucial next season.  Look what happened to Barca without Villa. United without their starting 11 etc 

Madrid want to perform in all competition next season, and they'll need depth for that. 

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

pimp.gif
Khedira and Sahin are more CDM's.  Alonso, Granero are CAM's.  It's rumoured Kaka will leave this summer. 

when has alonso ever played up the pitch? he is always holding, and the few times i have seen Granero this yr he has come on or played for xabi.. so yeah, i dont see why they need another player like modric.. I can see looking for a replace CAM.. like a gotze..

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

pimp.gif

when has alonso ever played up the pitch? he is always holding, and the few times i have seen Granero this yr he has come on or played for xabi.. so yeah, i dont see why they need another player like modric.. I can see looking for a replace CAM.. like a gotze..

You're right, completely wasn't paying attention while typing this. Alonso is more holding than attacking. 
I still maintain however, that Madrid is stacking for depth (which isn't exactly a new strategy to them). 

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

really?

liam brady = legend

Michel_Platini.jpg

michel platini = legend

Roberto-Baggio-Juventus-001.jpg

roberto baggio = legend

tumblr_m5ab1cPtdf1qjneeio1_500.jpg

Pinturicchio = legend

ive grown up loving alessandro, he will always feature in my list of favorite players EVER (as well as baggio) and for that reason i think im a bit biased, but nevertheless i dont think Giovinco despite all his talents is, or will ever be, even close to the players that have previously blessed the no.10 for juve...its a line of complete legends to the game really...i wish they would retire it, but i can see how it wouldnt be fair to the potential of the club, and it doesnt look like they will anyway, and if giovinoco does get it..well good luck to him, i guess.  
I mean, for all those legends there must be several flops no? I'm not saying give Giovinco the jersey so he can underperform in it (I think he'll do really well next season, maybe finally "break out"), I'm saying you can't not give someone jersey because they're not a legend yet.
Have you watched Giovinco play a bunch?

^^not many 'flops' to be honest...but i get your point.

and i have seen him play a bunch, hes got bags of skill and has been tagged as hot potential for sometime now. he was in a completely different system in parma but he will benefit from the experience at juve very fast. i just dont think he will be as good as ppl expect to be honest. not saying he isnt good though...

Just did the $$ cheat in FIFA 12, got over a billion to spend on a dream team
laugh.gif

Who would you guys pick as your starting 11? So far ive only got r. carvalho (my fav defender), podolski, and possibly v. persie

Post yours!

Originally Posted by Demps

^
what cheat?

the one where you you offer a loan and a transfer fee?
i meant to type 11 but its the one when you loan someone out take them back and then release them. You change the budget allocation and you magically end up with ~1 billion

Originally Posted by cs02132

Who would you guys pick as your starting 11? So far ive only got r. carvalho (my fav defender), podolski, and possibly v. persie

Post yours!
My current Roma squad. I always go for a mix of youth and world class talent.

Balotelli
        ya boy(89 ovr)-----James Rodriguez
                         David Silva 
            Arturo Vidal-----De Rossi
Abidal--Sergio Ramos-Sakho--Lichtsteiner
                        Stekelenburg

+ 6'2" height requisite for CBs, always need one big forward, and a goon or two in central midfield surrounded by sexy attacking talent.

I'm hella weird yo.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Nobody else watching this Messi vs World All Star game? Pretty fun to watch so far.

just catching the second half now, thanks for the heads up.

nice goal by the racist...

• Manchester City are ready to discuss a new £52m contract with attacking midfielder David Silva - to fight off interest from Real Madrid.
  • Winger Gareth Bale, 22, has handed Tottenham a massive boost by deciding to stay at White Hart Lane for at least one more year.
  • Manchester City have turned their attention to Brazilian Dede, 23, in their bid to bolster their defence as Roberto Mancini has seemingly given up on AC Milan's Thiago Silva.
  • Danny Murphy will join Blackburn Rovers after the 35-year-old former Liverpool and England midfielder's contract with Fulham expired.
  • Sweden defender Olof Mellberg has emerged as a surprise summer transfer target for Everton. The 34-year-old former Aston Villa captain is out of contract with Greek champions Olympiakos.
  • Newcastle striker Leon Best, 25, has been made an offer that he "may find hard to turn down" by Blackburn Rovers.
  • Liverpool and Everton are shaping up for a huge transfer battle, with both clubs tracking Inter Milan striker Luc Castaignos, 19.
  • Luka Modric, 26, has decided he wants to leave Tottenham to play in Spain's La Liga for Real Madrid. Manchester United and Paris St-Germain have both been chasing Modric, but it seems the Croatia midfielder has set his heart on working for Jose Mourinho.

Even though Les Bleus couldnt get it done..
tired.gif

We still celebrate.

Happy Birthday Zizou!

Edit: I tried 3 times to embed a Zidane video. I give up.

eyes.gif
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

Luka Modric, 26, has decided he wants to leave Tottenham to play in Spain's La Liga for Real Madrid. Manchester United and Paris St-Germain have both been chasing Modric, but it seems the Croatia midfielder has set his heart on working for Jose Mourinho.

i'm guessing Davor Suker had something to do with it as well...

I don't understand why Modric would want to go to Madrid. Surely he's not going to play off the bench? He's an incredible player but is he going to play consistently over Xabi Alonso or Khedira?

Back
Top Bottom