The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Can anyone explain why Abraham's breath could be seen at the construction site right before the walkers attacked?

Couldn't be that much colder in a couple of weeks from when the group was about to pass out from heat and no water .

Time/seasons on the show =/= real life...

It was probably a very cold day the day those scenes were shot, they were on a schedule and just had to get the scenes done, not much they can do about their breath showing up..

Can anyone explain why Abraham's breath could be seen at the construction site right before the walkers attacked?

Couldn't be that much colder in a couple of weeks from when the group was about to pass out from heat and no water .

Time/seasons on the show =/= real life...

It was probably a very cold day the day those scenes were shot, they were on a schedule and just had to get the scenes done, not much they can do about their breath showing up..

They would have just cut the close up scene if that were the case.

Why Abraham look stressed tho? Dude look like he was about to snap. Unless he could sense the walkers coming?
Unless Abraham got bit?
nerd.gif
I doubt he was bit. I think he's going through anxiety since arriving in Alexandria. All the peace and organization, he wasn't used to. When he had the opportunity to kill, he was excited about doing that.

Last night's episode was good...But I was really disappointed with how things went down.

So jimmies are rustled that little noah died and the show / media is racist...

but not in the second episode when merel just outright drops the N bomb

If that was too, why continue to watch it for another 5 seasons if you actually have an issue with it... :x

Basically all the black characters, it all started with Tdog. "Dude is worthless always getting ppl killed, hope they off him"..... Then they do. "They did Tdog dirty, This show is racist" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Basically all the black characters, it all started with Tdog. "Dude is worthless always getting ppl killed, hope they off him"..... Then they do. "They did Tdog dirty, This show is racist" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

:rofl:

NT Logic my man...

This... I feel like Eugene is going to turn into the new carol. Prbly going to kill Abraham and go ham on Rosita.
Haha or Francine rewards Abraham with yambs for saving her life, Rosita gets jealous, and throws herself to that mullet.
nerd.gif

Why Abraham look stressed tho? Dude look like he was about to snap. Unless he could sense the walkers coming?
Do yall remember the flashback when Abraham first met Eugene.

Dude had nothing tho live or fight for, he had lost his family, he was at the point where he was going to off himself

I think a similar thing happened in the field.

IMO Abe has to be in them skreets puttin in work to stay sane

Once he gets comfy he realizes the severity of the matter and begins to lose it

Do yall remember the flashback when Abraham first met Eugene.

Dude had nothing tho live or fight for, he had lost his family, he was at the point where he was going to off himself

I think a similar thing happened in the field.

IMO Abe has to be in them skreets puttin in work to stay sane

Once he gets comfy he realizes the severity of the matter and begins to lose it

Add Ruger Rick, Carol City, Sycho Sasha, and Dimebag Daryl to that list.

Last edited:

First, we tahmbout how writers handle characters in The Walking Dead. Not the media in as a whole.

Two, it aint' gon' get locked.

It was a spirited discussion about how the TWD writers handle characters of color,

its not nearly contentious enough for it to be locked.

We'll all be able to discuss this terribly written show for many weeks to come.
How do they portrait white characters any different?...have their not been weak sauce white characters?...have they never killed off white people?...aware me bruhs...please...I must be missing something
Well allow me to explain it to you, since you seem to be missing the obvious. 

The answer to your to your questions, is "yes" of course.

White characters are the standard in entertainment, so its without a doubt that you're going to see characters that cover the spectrum of representation. Often the overwhelming the majority in almost every television program, they're often depicted as heroic figures, amoral heroes, despicable villains to everything in between.

Characters of color hardly receive that same treatment. If they're even cast to a show to begin with. With this show specifically, they are merely just tertiary characters, or merely fodder to protect the others if they will. Badassery isn't meted out to characters of color like its freely bandied about to white characters. More often than not, characters of color are incapable, cowardly, and outright liabilities. Scarcely are they given developed character arcs that illustrate the characters on the show during their tenure. Should they begin to display that they're more than one dimensional characters, they are immediately offed. They don't go out in a blaze of glory, its often their "carelessness" that leads to their demise. Nevermind the fact that as survivors in a zombie apocalypse, they've been well conditioned to have their head on a swivel at all times...

Tyreese is a prime example of a character being mistreated. By all means a capable individual in the source material, becomes a tentative gentle giant in a time where ruthlessness is required. Gone is the toughness of this ex NFL football player, replaced instead by constant supplication to the "superiors" in his new group. The melee warrior he once was in the source material is dead. 

He's domesticated.

He's made to be a babysitter.

Meanwhile, the characters that they often sacrifice themselves for grow into more than capable bad *****. Take Carol, started out useless, and now she's Dutch from Predator. (Personally, I think this was more of a response to how terribly they wrote women in the early seasons) Tara, wanted Glenn to leave her in that tunnel when she got her ankle stuck in some debris. Now she contributes to the group. Beth didn't do a damn thing when she was introduced. Over time her singing is supposed to be some magical healing after the group endures some great adversity, and she's capable. Merle was given a chance to redeem himself after his earlier characterization.

Characters of color don't receive the same veneration by the writers on this show, as it is with most programming. Its not sensationalist to point out the pattern in their poor treatment, which has been on display time and time again.

What is ridiculous is to state that somebody is "pulling the race card" when make their observations known.

Furthermore, there is no race card. There is the reality that people of color endure, and this ridiculous fantasy that idealists insist we live in.

Last edited:
If Maggie was real, she woulda come up off those stairs and put one in Gabriel's forehead right in front of Deanna. :smh:

This episode was TOP NOTCH. I loved so many things about it.

Noah wanting to learn, and help rebuild. Smart thinking.
Abe and Glenn risking their necks to save Alexandrias, while Gabriel comes unhinged and runs off at the mouth for no reason.
His lies and BS, are soon to be followed by Glenn showing up like, "hey, your son's dead, my bad....." That is NOT gonna help the situation Gabe just created. :nerd: :pimp:
Eugene capping Walkers in the kneecaps. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What I don't get is the other guy, he had the ammo, Glenn told him, why didn't he reload his weapon and blast the glass?

Eugene pulling out the Princess Leia piece that's like 4 feet long. :rofl: :smh: :rofl: I could not stop laughing. Dude stood there a good half beat before slapping him. :lol: :lol:

Abe was coming unglued, and then walkers show up, and he's smilin & ****, all happy to be doin work. :lol: :pimp:

Carroll goes straight to, he hit his wife, he needs to be murdered. :lol: :lol: Whoa lady, can we get a jail maybe, a trial, maybe even a talking too? We gotta just kill the guy? ***** crazy. :lol:

I doubt Rick needed any more reason to kill that guy, but it's clearly about to be a bad way for Doctor porch di ck.

Glenn is a bad ***. :pimp:

All this is building up, and we still don't even have Morgan or The Wolves in the picture yet. And I suspect Daryl is going to be bringing back some new bodies at some point.

I think the chick that fell off the tractor is going to join the group as well, she owes Abe big time, I think she will help out, unlike those other pansy's.

Back
Top Bottom