The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do yourself a favor and watch this documentary written and directed by the man himself talking about the making of the album.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/9535...ng-through-unknown-territory.jhtml#id=1713754

:frown:

I think like two weeks before the album, I said he needed to throw the full court press on marketing-wise. I honestly thought he was going to flop. The NPR stream, the Lil Wayne intro, the industry wide cosign, this MTV documentary, his tour videos, his call me video, THE GREAT music... I think the world is ready :smokin Him and his team have done a great job marketing this album. 100K first week is no joke these days

Watch that damn MTV video though :x :x

I don't think the Pharrell remix is that much better than the original, if it all. CDQ of I'm good >>> that. Woulda been :pimp:. But I thought I read the Weeknd doing this for Wayne was a last minute type of thing anyway.

Beat you to the punch mgrand :lol:

I don't think the Pharrell remix is that much better than the original, if it all. CDQ of I'm good >>> that. Woulda been :pimp:. But I thought I read the Weeknd doing this for Wayne was a last minute type of thing anyway.

I'm pretty sure that this was the case too. Song was probably done after the album was wrapped up. I even vaguely remember someone tweeting that the reason for one of the Dedication V delays was them waiting for Abel to send this in.

Beat you to the punch mgrand :lol:
I'm pretty sure that this was the case too. Song was probably done after the album was wrapped up. I even vaguely remember someone tweeting that the reason for one of the Dedication V delays was them waiting for Abel to send this in.

:lol: We were probably posting at the same time but I was too busy fangirling and writing a paragraph about his marketing strategy :lol:

:lol: We were probably posting at the same time but I was too busy fangirling and writing a paragraph about his marketing strategy :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was actually about to post it just shy of an hour ago, but I started the post and then ended up watching the first three parts before submitting it. We've all been there when it comes to fangirl essays, don't worry :lol:

I don't think I'm Good would fit on Kiss Land sonically.
I agree (as it is). They could have dirtied it up a bit, though. After all, it still doesn't sound finished.

The lyrics/flow are SO dope for an intro.

Just finished listening to the album from front to back in the whip again and this might be my favorite album of the year.

As always, his **** gets that much better w/ each additional listen. 
pimp.gif

On my 1st listen only liked half the album. 1st listen was checking for hooks and production

Kept playing it and all the songs grew on me. 

The melodies needed work, cant really sing along(maybe havent listened to  it long enough to know the words and sing along)

Legit got scared when that transition from LITS to BTTW, that dam lightning
laugh.gif

Right now, for me its Wanderlust, Professional and Pretty as my fav tracks.

Satisfied with the album.

How does it feel?
Do you feel like you did before?
Do you see the world getting small?
How does it feel, are you free?
As for me, I've been getting grown
As for me, I've been getting old
As for me, I’ve been flying around the world
I’ve been killing these shows
But I'm always getting "
Cause my confidence low
And I'm always in a rush
Ain't no time to " slow
And even if I try
It's not something I would know
But I'm sure I'll make you "
Do it three times in a row
And I'm sure you would have left with that " in control
Put that " in control
I got it in control
Control, control, control, mmmmh.

Last edited:
I feel like the album flows so perfectly. Live For and Wonderlust are perfect where they are for a little mix up in the middle.

Literally don't dislike any song on the album. But right now Adaptation.....them feels....all them feels :smh: thats my **** right now

Dude does have 1M people following him on Twitter and the Live For video has 200K views in like 24 hours. Of course Drake is a big part for the view count, but still. I think this dude does the 100K first week. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom