The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HBD HOB
pimp.gif

Some loved it off the bat. Some it took a couple spins to get into it. Was this a group? What? It's one dude?

Either way, it left us all fiending for more, trying to decipher pictures, tweets and forum posts on when the next tape was dropping. After HOB dropped, nothing was the same.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
All of this 
laugh.gif

Had no idea what this thread was when it first dropped. Probably waited a good two weeks before I entered and found out what was going on

At the time, Beach House (still is) was one of my favorite bands of all-time. Heard the Beach House samples and was 
eek.gif
 can't believe he could have such good taste in music and make that sample his own

Searched more and found his The Noise music 
pimp.gif

Remember all my friends asking me who was all in the Weeknd band/group 
laugh.gif

Tape came out right when we were experimenting with raves too

Last edited:
HBD HOB :pimp:

Some loved it off the bat. Some it took a couple spins to get into it. Was this a group? What? It's one dude?

Either way, it left us all fiending for more, trying to decipher pictures, tweets and forum posts on when the next tape was dropping. After HOB dropped, nothing was the same. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
All of this :lol:

Had no idea what this thread was when it first dropped. Probably waited a good two weeks before I entered and found out what was going on

At the time, Beach House (still is) was one of my favorite bands of all-time. Heard the Beach House samples and was :wow:  can't believe he could have such good taste in music and make that sample his own

Remember all my friends asking me who was all in the Weeknd band/group :lol:

Tape came out right when we were experimenting with raves too
To this day when I ask people if they like/listen to The Weeknd, some of them still respond "Yeah I like THEM," as if The Weeknd is a group :lol:.

I can say that 'The Morning' is probably my favorite track cause that's what put me on to Abel. It was when drake released those few tracks.

The OG version of all the tracks will always be more gritty and raw to me.

I would play nothing but the weeknd. Every single damb girl I ever messed with will always think of me when they here Abel on the radio. They know damb well who put them on.

Yall aint tired of Earned It? Had to stop playing it for a little bit
Yeah I am a little bit. Great song, just getting overplayed. 
thats the thing about knowing his catalog

we have the benefit of shuffling through all his material as opposed to someone who only knows him for "singing the song from 50 shades" someone who will say "that song is played" cause thats all they know

earned it, where you belong, drinks on us, often remix, in vein, mood music ( albeit a snippet) are all fairly recent releases and im not tired on any of them 

thats the thing about knowing his catalog

we have the benefit of shuffling through all his material as opposed to someone who only knows him for "singing the song from 50 shades" someone who will say "that song is played" cause thats all they know

earned it, where you belong, drinks on us, often remix, in vein, mood music ( albeit a snippet) are all fairly recent releases and im not tired on any of them  
Yup, still bumping all of those and not tired of it. 

I remember this dude dropping Initiation on a Saturday. Played a new track the other day. HOB released 4 years ago today. Bless us today, Abel :pimp:

The slander that's going on in the NFL Thread right now 
mean.gif
 dudes who I thought was cool peoples slandering
They can go ahead and enjoy their Metallica while we enjoy Abel's croons
smokin.gif
its not that...i like metallica too

good music is that...good music...its all preference 

no matter where you go, there will be dudes who are gonna talk down anything that can seen as sensitive music...some deep rooted stuff may be going in some of their heads, who knows. i could say most of them dont want to be emasculated...but like i said...who knows. 

The slander that's going on in the NFL Thread right now :smh:  dudes who I thought was cool peoples slandering

They can go ahead and enjoy their Metallica while we enjoy Abel's croons :smokin
its not that...i like metallica too
good music is that...good music...its all preference 
no matter where you go, there will be dudes who are gonna talk down anything that can seen as sensitive music...some deep rooted stuff may be going in some of their heads, who knows. i could say most of them dont want to be emasculated...but like i said...who knows. 

My point was that it's usually cool to talk about other genres in there but dudes get defensive/offended when there's a little R&B talk :lol:. I hear you on that,good music is good music at the end of the day. I'll never understand the thought process behind feeling as though someone singing is enough to emasculate you :lol: *shrugs*

Last edited:
Its all ppl who are immature. Im guilty when I was in middle school. If it wasn't hip hop/R&B, reggaeton, then you a clown. High school I started hearing other things and taking time to listen. I couldn't stand country at all. But working with some ppl at work they've introduced me to some good songs its ight. Don't come for metallica tho 
laugh.gif
. "One" is one of my fav songs of all time. That guitar.... I used to kill that on guitar hero 
laugh.gif

Can't believe its been 4 years since HOB. Thanks for everything so far gawd 
pimp.gif

I still don't really like earned it. I kinda hate the production on it its way too commercial for me

Back
Top Bottom