The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BBTM tour tickets copped. Since the album leaked, these past couple of days have been amazing
nthat.gif

I'm mad his LA tour date is on a Tuesday, like really? Should have been on a Thursday or at least the weekend :lol:

Ok guys i am 1 time through and i can't get with it....i just can't

1. Real Life - Nope the beat is so basic and boring

2. Losers - No way....808's throw away and that dumb jamborie ending :smh:

3. Tell Your Friends - trying to hard with a basic beat...song had potential but the beat is just not there

4. Often - is good

5. The Hills - is good

6. Acquainted...its too late...i already heard girls in the 90s which to me is better and more of the weeknd feel.

7. CFMF....eh its good

8. Shameless - potentially really good (yelling shame in the background though is corny and so are the guitars near the tail end)

9. Earned it - nope will be skipped on the regular

10. In The Night - its good

11. As you Are - completely forgetable

12 Dark Times -not bad but will probably skip frequently

13. Prisoner - I like it might be my fave new song

14. Angel - the 80s intro is dumb but the song is there lyrically...i hope it grows on me

image.png

Imagine Tell your friends lyrics to a darker beat...with some drums...and some droned out sythns like glass table girls. It would be a fantastic song. All the grime is there but it doesn't fit the beat to me...it just sounds too mundane

Imagine Tell your friends lyrics to a darker beat...with some drums...and some droned out sythns like glass table girls. It would be a fantastic song. All the grime is there but it doesn't fit the beat to me...it just sounds too mundane

You all are such masochists.

The lyrics, flow and cadence are tailor made for a melodic softer beat

Last edited:
The lyrics, flow and cadence are tailor made for a melodic softer beat

The flow on that song screams KOTF/Initiation to me. It needs something else...something lofty or faster...some faster drums....SOMETHING.
The beat says "Alicia Keys" "John Legend" "Leona Lewis". I just want the dark stuff...and nothing but...The verse is dying for a mike will beat or something more hip hop

Im sure it will grow on me but for now i just kinda have the "omg what if..." every time i hear it

Last edited:
Man Shameless is already my **** but imagine it with a synthed out beat :smh: :smh: :smh:.

repped for knowing the feeling i have.

I want that song that screws your face up. That dirty nastiness. I got it from the hills when the snippet came out and he played it live and the bass dropped and you heard "when i'm effed up thats the real me". (not so much on the album version chorus doesn't go as hard unless you crank the bass)

Like the Hills is a Weeknd song. Straight up. Often....a Weeknd song. But some of these tracks are like oh Weeknd verse...who did the production though cause its terrible.

Last edited:
^ Yeah I agree that the album is lacking that signature Weeknd production (aside from the "old" songs). It's still fire to me though. I discover a new favorite song every day :pimp:.

Last edited:
repped for knowing the feeling i have.

I want that song that screws your face up. That dirty nastiness. I got it from the hills when the snippet came out and he played it live and the bass dropped and you heard "when i'm effed up thats the real me". (not so much on the album version chorus doesn't go as hard unless you crank the bass)

Like the Hills is a Weeknd song. Straight up. Often....a Weeknd song. But some of these tracks are like oh Weeknd verse...who did the production though cause its terrible.
I see where you're coming from about the production

I'm glad we got a new sound. I don't need to here the same **** but just retooled. I'm glad he kept the old sound to a minimum. But that's just me.

Only song I'm really not feeling yet is Angel (and Earned It). It hasn't really gotten the spins that the rest of the songs have though so it's definitely possible it'll grown on me. I just can't get past that 80s rock and roll guitar intro and kids bop choir outro.

I'm glad we got a new sound. I don't need to here the same **** but just retooled. I'm glad he kept the old sound to a minimum. But that's just me.

This. I've seen some people say that this album isn't progression, but I disagree. This album shows that he can figure out new ways to deliver the content we're all fans of, all the while exploring the sounds different producers bring to the table. The album grows on me more and more each listen. :smokin

This. I've seen some people say that this album isn't progression, but I disagree. This album shows that he can figure out new ways to deliver the content we're all fans of, all the while exploring the sounds different producers bring to the table. The album grows on me more and more each listen.
smokin.gif
I don't think this is a true sign of progression, more so a true mark of his versatility. Your point IMO is a good one but I happen to think it proves a different aspect of his artistry 

I think his vocals and his confidence progressed but production wise, although I like the album the more and more I listen. It isn't anything groundbreaking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom