The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Originally Posted by AME416

Recentley discovered some of Abel's work before H.O.B AND
pimp.gif
More "traditional" R&B and dude can really sing..

Love Through Her
pimp.gif

Material Girl
smokin.gif
(Simp Anthem
laugh.gif
)
Rescue You
smokin.gif
Thanks for the info. These tracks are
pimp.gif

There's also Appointment, Do It, and a snippet of a song called X-ray.

Appointment
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Just puts me in 
devil.gif
 mode

I see 'his boys' as double meanings for his crew and his split personality. The voice changes hint at it too. Thursday was about how he could only let a girl be with him on that day, could be because he cant be the same consistently.

+$+!%#% Youtube comments suggesting more possible meanings
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, The Noise are pretty good. Definitely softer than the weeknd but if you like abel, youll like the noise.

Dont forget birthday suit, another noise track.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Cole World

is he releasing a mixtape before the year ends?

Echoes of Silence is supposed to drop on the 24th.

Rumor has it 10.24.11 as a birthday gift for Drake since Take Care got pushed back to November.

where?! from KTT?!  
laugh.gif

im not falling for this..

^^ There were a lot of broken hearts every Thursday.. haha. I doubt it comes out on Monday. I'm expecting a release in December

Originally Posted by quik1987

Yo, it might be because I'm high, but House of Balloons might be a certified classic.
Just being honest, but if that isn't a classic then IDK what is

Thursday, therefore should be held in really high esteem itself since it wasn't looked upon as a disappointment and still gets just as much play (at least from me) as HOB

Thursday is a classic. Bump what y'all heard. I listen HOB regularly and I view it as a classic, but Thursday gets bumped DAILY. %%$$ is a flowing, cohesive, dark, masterpiece yo.

Originally Posted by TiDE619

^^ There were a lot of broken hearts every Thursday.. haha. I doubt it comes out on Monday. I'm expecting a release in December
Heart_Attack_guy.jpg

EVERY Thursday
laugh.gif

Worth the wait tho
pimp.gif

EASILY artist of the year btw

this dude puts nothing but quality music out

everyone ive put on, f's with him now... lol like on a regular basis..

his music is perfect for 2 things, 1. getting those females out them panties, and 2. rolling a fat one and trippin on the echoes..

i really hope he makes his way to houston soon for a show..
ohh and he also influenced me to want to try codiene.. smh @ prices though. mind = blown 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

this dude puts nothing but quality music out

everyone ive put on, f's with him now... lol like on a regular basis..

his music is perfect for 2 things, 1. getting those females out them panties, and 2. rolling a fat one and trippin on the echoes..

i really hope he makes his way to houston soon for a show..
ohh and he also influenced me to want to try codiene.. smh @ prices though. mind = blown 
laugh.gif
boy%20and%20dog%20praying.JPG

And agreed with the codeine statement. Prices around the city are CRAZY. And not to mention dudes skimping using Karo syrup. I'll just stick to the dank.

Originally Posted by cartune

Initiation proves this dude's a genius dog

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
QFT

That song is on replay allllll day.  Can't get enough of it right now.  As stated before idk why but dude can do no wrong in my eyes.  Everything he makes i like. 

"You say you want my heart, well baby you can have it all, there's just something that I ....need from you..."

I think The Weeknd really fd up by not putting any videos out for HOB. He buzzing on the internet, and a little bit on the radio, but he could really make the record companies feel it if he was on tv. Even if he wanted to remain mysterious, he didn't actually have to be in it. Judging from the headlines video the XO dudes are capable of producing a video. And he could have shouted out to Drake if he needed money for production.

How difficult would it be to put something out individually like So Far Gone without a label? Or to even get it on iTunes? I know putting it out for free let the most people access it. But people would probably pay for a physical copy, or official iTunes copy with digital book and lyrics.

I'm sure he'll be successful either way though.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I think The Weeknd really fd up by not putting any videos out for HOB. He buzzing on the internet, and a little bit on the radio, but he could really make the record companies feel it if he was on tv. Even if he wanted to remain mysterious, he didn't actually have to be in it. Judging from the headlines video the XO dudes are capable of producing a video. And he could have shouted out to Drake if he needed money for production.

How difficult would it be to put something out individually like So Far Gone without a label? Or to even get it on iTunes? I know putting it out for free let the most people access it. But people would probably pay for a physical copy, or official iTunes copy with digital book and lyrics.

What you are forgetting is HOB contains samples, samples are a ##%%% to get cleared. It's a lot hard than sending Apple a copy of your album and tell them to sell it.

Originally Posted by RedMan

quik1987 said:

What you are forgetting is HOB contains samples, samples are a @*%$! to get cleared. It's a lot hard than sending Apple a copy of your album and tell them to sell it.
Damn, you right totally slipped my mind.

If we really knew what The Weeknd's motive was, I could give you a definitive answer. But he is as low key as an artist in this day and age could be, which I totally dig. His goal was to release HOB, Thursday and EOS before doing anything else so we're almost at the home stretch. He's put out a video before w/ 'What You Need' btw. Dude has blown up strictly through Internet buzz, I just really hope he doesn't get signed to any powerhouse labels that want to touch his music and what not. Hopefully, OVOXO turns from a 'movement' to a label.
pimp.gif

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by The Weeknd.

He hinted on his Tumblr that it was his video (quoted a comment on YouTube and said "the realest **+! ever" or something along those lines) even though it was uploaded through a different account on YouTube. Either that or he was trollin (which isn't the first time 
laugh.gif
).

In any case, that just adds to his lowkey-ness.

Back
Top Bottom