The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Sorry y’all I was in an XO coma that came on like 25 seconds into call out my name...
Bruh...
:sick::sick::sick::sick::smh::smh::smh:.

How does this man know how to relate and get you right in the feels. I told y’all I had a good feeling about this one.

I honestly wonder if he ****s with the 88glam boys or if they were just forced to be in his camp?

I don't see why he won't bless them with a feature, just even a one-off track that's not a part of any project or album. I feel like they would make some nice music together

Now this is the Weeknd that we have all been waiting for. That music / vibe you get when your girl / wife is asleep and you have been drinking / rolling and you can't fall asleep...

Wasted Time...

R9eJUGe.gif

I feel like this is close to echoes and kissland but not quite HOB and Thursday. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate this but I don't think he will never be able to replicate the material he made back in the day (HOB and Thursday). This is close enough compared to BBTM and Starboy. Just don't think it's "old Abel"

I've listened to this three times today and it definitely is darker than his recent stuff..reminds me of Kissland..

The lyrics are great..production is perfect to me..it just knocks in the car :pimp:

I feel like this is close to echoes and kissland but not quite HOB and Thursday. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate this but I don't think he will never be able to replicate the material he made back in the day (HOB and Thursday). This is close enough compared to BBTM and Starboy. Just don't think it's "old Abel"
The only thing separating these from the first two is production. I think if he went back to getting sampled beats and that trippy vibe it'd be a closer feeling. Also, the songwriting on EoS is the perfect balance (imo) of structure and "artistic freedom" if you will. Everything started coming together on EoS.

But really we just happy dude is sad. ****ed up but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Back
Top Bottom