The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters

Idk, it’s reminiscent of the old sound but I feel like it lacks the soul of it. It’s cool on first listen.

Haven’t heard the other track yet.

I agree. I feel like he's doing it to appease to his original fans but it seems contrived. Reminds me of TI making that "trap back jumpin" song. Son you live in a mansion. We know you're not in the kitchen.

The thing is it’s been like 8 years since the mixtapes. I used to be stuck in the mindset of judging his work based off the tapes and kiss land to an extent which was 6 years ago

Kinda just gotta come to terms that we all change year to year let alone almost a decade. I honestly don’t feel that heartless is contrived at all, he’s just not in the same place as he was 8 years ago. It might not hit like the tapes did but that just speaks to the level of that work

The thing is it’s been like 8 years since the mixtapes. I used to be stuck in the mindset of judging his work based off the tapes and kiss land to an extent which was 6 years ago

Kinda just gotta come to terms that we all change year to year let alone almost a decade. I honestly don’t feel that heartless is contrived at all, he’s just not in the same place as he was 8 years ago. It might not hit like the tapes did but that just speaks to the level of that work
Right, it's hard for me to sit and here and expect songs like Echoes of Silence and Heaven or Las Vegas when he's not at that point in his life anymore

Bro is a superstar now.

I will say MDM was amazing in my opinion and kept a similar vein to the older classics.

I get it, people change. Circumstances change. But how many times can he sing about his lambos, ****ing models and whatever other braggadocio topics he’s been singing about since KOTF over generic, H&M beats before it gets stale?

The music seems stagnant now.
He did starboy and mdm which were a departure and or different. Folks got mad (I myself wasn’t a fan of starboy but it grew on me)

Kissland had nothing to do with any of what you said either

There couldn't be a better time. With Kanye trying to act all rightous and being a born again christian....feels like this is perfect timing. Need that drug/sex reckless weeknd back.
That being said i think kissland is up there with all of the trilogy for me. I like Starboy and i really liked MDM (except call out my name...but thats basically liking what 4 songs?). So for me the only "miss" was BBTM. That was nothing i enjoyed.

That being said i am letting my expectations fly on chapter 6 with no dambs. My man has been gone for too long.....too long...too long

I don’t get the KL mention?
Got the timeline mixed up, but in that case beauty behind the madness got panned by us because he tried to do something different than the whole ratchet vibe

I think your argument is a bit general and ignoring the many things he’s done apart from singing about driving cars and what not

Back
Top Bottom