The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
I can't remember what is was, but I was like "why is this ***** crying and whining man. I can't get down w/ this"

Then I heard wicked games on the radio, and my boy put me on to HOB. Never looked back :smokin

crew love put me on to the weeknd. I was listening to the drake album and youtubed the weeknd after His opening verse. It was a wrap from there on. I found out he had a few mixtapes out and downloaded them all. Still bump HOB, Thursday, and EOS til' this day, I swear it doesn't get me tired. I smoked twice in my whole life. I'm not even about that lifestyle and can't relate to all the drugs he be singing about, but I love the content. Classic music if you ask me 
smokin.gif
 Can't wait til go to the concert in the Fall.

Girl I'm lying I'm on a few
Don't you worry this ain't new
Can we take this to your spot?
I'm on eviction number two

:x :smokin That track still rides.

Saw that over on KTT and figured we could use a refreshing topic to discuss over here at NT. What do you all think about what those guys are saying?

Last edited:
Akay low key right.

Crine at " fat prick"

But the Trilogy came at a time when he was hungry & motivated. So the same fire won't be there. As long as we get it in the summer, ain't eem mad, yet.

Saw that over on KTT and figured we could use a refreshing topic to discuss over here at NT. What do you all think about what those guys are saying?

Well that's me on the first post.

I think the people in this thread are a little more mature. 20 months isn't that long between projects if you've dropped multiple features + solo songs. Anyone that isn't a child born into this IG/Twitter "give me everything NOW" era - understands that artists aren't dropping albums once a year. Not good artists anyway. It just really doesn't happen in any genre or on any level. Not sure why there's excessive crying when it comes to The Weeknd over there. One quote without context and everyone uses it against him.

High For This.

Nothing's been the same since.

But this. This. This is on another level. Unlike any song I've ever heard.

[Video]
[/Video]

Crew Love put me on, then YouTubed dude and heard his Trust Issues Remix and Wicked Games and it was a wrap since.

What You Need was the first song i heard by the Weeknd. I remember hearing it and being like eh...its ok but it ain't seeing Frank Ocean right now Nostalgia Ultra is better than this. Then i heard High for This....thats when i was like oh what is this here....Was hooked ever since.

What You Need was the first song i heard by the Weeknd. I remember hearing it and being like eh...its ok but it ain't seeing Frank Ocean right now Nostalgia Ultra is better than this. Then i heard High for This....thats when i was like oh what is this here....Was hooked ever since.
"Oh what is this here" 
laugh.gif

Think we all had that moment. 

"Or nah" then "Live for"

Went to YT one day and listen to HOB while at work and then was hooked.

Cuz the least I deserve this no conversation
I been working all week
I'd rather be your enemy
Than any friend you think I would be

I know every dude feels like this at least every once in a while.

Pretty much.

You just get to the point where you get so tired of putting on the facade of being the person a girl should care about. You just want to say "**** it, I'm a scumbag and I only want the yambs. I'd rather you knew this and accept this about me rather than me having to keep this charade going."
laugh.gif

100 percent honesty, I heard glass table girls first and was like wtf is this. Didn't feel it all.

It grew on me, then I listened to it faded and it all clicked.

Back
Top Bottom