The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
The sense of entitlement from cult followers of musicians is weird as hell. lol you dudes really think of yourselves as some sort of unified group.

I thought that fan legion **** was for girls who like Beyoncé, Rihanna, etc.

The sad thing is that some of you are serious when you say you're "worried" or have a "bad feeling" about Taylor Swift bringing him out. I mean...seriously? What kind of stuff is that?

The sense of entitlement from cult followers of musicians is weird as hell. lol you dudes really think of yourselves as some sort of unified group.

The sad thing is that some of you are serious when you say you're "worried" or have a "bad feeling" about Taylor Swift bringing him out. I mean...seriously? What kind of stuff is that?
The whole thing is rooted in The Weeknd himself. He decided to create a different brand of music. He decided to work with a different brand of producers. He decided to accept Swift's invitation and come out on stage. Nobody forced him to expose himself to that demographic

These are all choices made by him, nobody else. Either respect his hustle or accept the direction he's going in. Don't blame anyone else for it

I for one give no damns about what he does as long as he continues to make music like he has been-- I'll own his music. I'll accept the here and there "ICFMF" tracks and not slander him for it

Last edited:

The best is reading the comments on his fb/twitter... "If you only know "Often" and "ICFMF" pls stop getting hyped" - it's mostly these thots that act like elitists.. it's comical to me.

I hope dudes career flourishes but he still puts out one or two 'old school' type tracks a year, 'cause I know for the most part he's going put out music that makes him money from here on out. The good thing about the Trilogy is it ages like fine wine and I can never get tired of it... so I can always relive HOB like I did when it first came out.

Nah, nah, **** all dat, one or two? Let's say he goes all the way mainstream with his sound, would you continue to support and buy the albums and go to the concerts?

I know I wouldn't. I'm no hater, but you can miss me with all that especially when I KNOW you're capable of so much more.

It's been there from the beginning though.

I honestly knew dudes were just flat out reaching when I seen multiple people call earned it a pop song :lol:

If you can't get down with I can't feel my face then idk. No one you can't not sing and dance to that **** :smh:

My only gripe is we have to wait 2 months for the album.

He could've waited til August first or something

Nah, nah, **** all dat, one or two? Let's say he goes all the way mainstream with his sound, would you continue to support and buy the albums and go to the concerts?

I know I wouldn't. I'm no hater, but you can miss me with all that especially when I KNOW you're capable of so much more.
If all his songs started being like ICFMF he'd lose all his fans pre-Kiss Land

It's inevitable man. The rub he got from Earned It gathered him more fans than he had previously alone due to it's attachment from 50SOG. He's going to keep branching out and tuning his sound to what works and sells, it's what artists do.. they evolve to make music that sells. We'd love for artists to stay the same, but at the end of the day it's all about money.

And I'll only buy the music if it fits into what I'm wanting, I don't have a problem with ICFMF and Earned it because that **** is necessary in todays environment of music, and I expect tracks more along those lines than the ones we've been accustomed to. Kissland was the start of that.

]

I can't see him going the full corny pop route. If he does that's not even evolving. Those type of records are easy. I can deal with one or 2 ICFMF type of records, they'll get deleted.

Last edited:
All this about him being brought out by T-swizzle...how would you guys feel if he collaborated with her?

I mean, what do you guys think of Kendrick Lamars collab?

It doesn't change a thing...it ain't like nelly and his corny *** reaching into the country demographic

Last edited:
All this about him being brought out by T-swizzle...how would you guys feel if he collaborated with her?

I mean, what do you guys think of Kendrick Lamars collab?

It doesn't change a thing...it ain't like nelly and his corny *** reaching into the country demographic

He should get that check. The song wouldn't be something I would listen to though.

Last edited:
I don't get it, why would it bother your view on him or why won't you listen?

As long as he doesn't change his style up I'm fine with it

Off topic but I gotta share with my NTXO fam. On my way to work and was in a car accident smh. Was entering a traffic circle from a 2 lane road and some a hole in the left lane CAME FLYING entering the circle. He fishtails and when the car straightened it T bones my driver side. Air bags go off and all. Shoulder all jacked up and spent a few hours at the hospital. I don't remember climbing out the car cuz my only thought was "swing off on this mug" but I came to my senses when I realized probably wouldn't be a good look in the middle of circle and me in uniform. Then the pain starts. Nothing broken atleast.

8/28 needs to come quick...

Really glad you're okay fam. Hope you recover swiftly.

I thought this was gonna end with you hopping out the car bloodied singing The Hills.

Disappointed.

But glad you ok.

Dead serious thought the same :rofl:

Glad you're okay

:rofl: glad I'm not the only one.

I need to get a girlfriend before August 28. Cause when that time comes, I'm going to be on that smashing her cousin in the bathroom at her own birthday party, while letting her sister sniff some white girl off my you know. I just want some tragic drama with the perfect soundtrack. I know only my NT famb can relate.

Just gives him more exposure. Can't be mad at an artist for that.

Exactly, it's nothing more but ****** love to project.

I don't **** with his **** when he goes full pop but he still makes so much fire I ain't even tripping.

He's trying to be as big as he can so he gotta exploit the avenues he can and keep flourishing. Taylor Swift basically runs music and the fact that she ******* with the young God is just a symbol of his greatness.

Thanks and repped all you fams.. Hoping just a bruised rotator cuff. Had too much on my mind to just hop out the whip like in the Hills
laugh.gif
.No car for now tho until the police report is complete. I don't see how ppl live w/o a car foreal. No shots towards any of the city fams that don't need it.

Back on topic I saw the vid of the performance with Taylor and come to find out he performed in NJ just 1 hour north of me AND Tory Lanez is in Paterson NJ today for idk what? 
mean.gif
. My feels levels at the moment

Last edited:
I've accepted the fact he's going to make pop hits and do pop ish. Probably bang out a Kardashian at some point.

Abel is a ******* genius, as simple, or as complex as he gets, genius. he just knows how to word things. they always hit home.

I wish I liked R&B more. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to listen to rap, and all I got is this dude to listen too
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom