The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Always thought son needed to incorporate some simple MJ-esque dance moves into his performances. 

Hopefully he does that more often now. 
I had a phenomenal night two years ago.
laugh.gif
Deets 
nerd.gif

devil.gif

Has anyone posted this yet? Same guy shows up in the videos. He definitely represents that "deal with the devil" or working with Wendy Goldstein to blow up

I'm curious to see how he shows up in the next music videos.

Last edited:
2 years since Love In The Sky dropped. :nthat:

It was my last day in Saudi Arabia when this dropped.

I was the on the plane playing this nonstop for the whole flight.  Pure piffery.
Last summer when I took a class down in NM, I met this baddie that wanted to be mine so bad. Flight home I also had this on repeat with my Beats on. The feels.....

I might be the only one but I have a feeling the videos are in reverse. Could be why The Weeknd seems surprised to see the guy in the red room.

I might be the only one but I have a feeling the videos are in reverse. Could be why The Weeknd seems surprised to see the guy in the red room.

No, they're in the right order. In the Hills video he makes his way into that guy's house but the girls (representing his fans) who've been on the ride with him are angry that he's made this decision to meet him (and go mainstream). He meets the guy and the dude is holding an apple. I think it's a direct reference to Adam and Eve and the serpent tempting Eve with the fruit.

If you watch ICFMF right after, it's the Weeknd stepping into the spotlight with just his eyes illuminated and right when the beat drops, he's entirely spotlighted. Other people who dissected the video pointed out how the majority of the audience is bored with him, BUT once the guy from the Hills video sets him on fire, everyone is feeling him and dancing to his music. He made his deal with that mystery guy and now he's on fire. It's representing his career.

He's building off of what he wrote to his fans right before Trilogy came out where he explains the Rolling Stone video:

THE RSVP x XO COLLAB IS NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH PHONE/ IN-STORE/ AND EMAIL:

or

please@rsvpgallery.com

50$

CLQzwa-UEAAgWww.jpg

Really wish I could cop... but I'm going to save the money for when he tours after the album. Hoping there will be better merch considering I already have the black XO shirt!

Last edited:
I hope he re-read that letter to the fans prior to finalizing the music for BBTM.

8/28 shall be interesting none the less.

I heard my mom whistling something that sounded really familiar the other day... Then it hits me.

She's heard the hills and now has it stuck in her head. Apparently the track has made it to the airwaves here in Atlanta.

I don't know how to feel, man. :smh:

I heard my mom whistling something that sounded really familiar the other day... Then it hits me.

She's heard the hills and now has it stuck in her head. Apparently the track has made it to the airwaves here in Atlanta.

I don't know how to feel, man.
mean.gif
BRUH MY MOM TOO 
laugh.gif

I played "The Hills" in the car, clean version of course, and my mom loves it. 

She read the whole NY Times article and we had a whole discussion after 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Man you sleep. I'm not trying to have my mom asking me if she can come to the weeknd concert when dude comes to Atlanta. My mother is not about to be initiated, b. I put that on everything. :smh:

Man you sleep. I'm not trying to have my mom asking me if she can come to the weeknd concert when dude comes to Atlanta. My mother is not about to be initiated, b. I put that on everything.
mean.gif
On god bruh 
laugh.gif
. Can't having throwing up the XO and **** 
roll.gif

Man I left my Kissland album in my mom's car and she has been blasting that for over a year. Hell, I visited her 2 weeks ago and adaptation came on as soon as I turned the car on.

Will try to keep trilogy from here though :lol:

Man I left my Kissland album in my mom's car and she has been blasting that for over a year. Hell, I visited her 2 weeks ago and adaptation came on as soon as I turned the car on.

Will try to keep trilogy from here though :lol:

This happened with my moms and the Trilogy... She literally knows all the words to Thursday and The Party and the after party :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom