The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
To the people that say this is a generic pop sounding album, can yall please direct me to the stuff that sounds like this? I think I've been missing out on some fire

@Nawzlew  found a godlike link to one 
pimp.gif

I'll PM it to you if you want it. 
nerd.gif

Couple of songs I skip without questions (Losers/ICFMF/ITN)
A lot of great new songs that I love like Tell your friends, Acquainted, Prisoner, Real life

I just wish I hadn't already heard the other half of the album beforehand like Often and the Hills :lol:
Overall I'd give this a smooth 7.

HOB
EOS
Thursday = KL
BBTM

Not to say BBTM is bad I just loved his other works more

Am I allowed to like the album but also be disappointed by it?

There's a few tracks on here that are just average for any artist period (Losers, Dark Times, In the Night)

My favorite tracks are the ones we already knew (The Hills, Often)

of the 10 I hadn't heard only Tell Your Friends, Prisoner, and Acquainted stood out to me

I understand letting the dude grow, become popular and get his money. But that doesn't mean I have to applaud him for going that route

Album is a 7.5/10 and I'll bump it cause he's one of my 3 favorite artists ever. But for Abel's standards the album as a whole is pretty weak. and please don't tell me this is better than Kissland, cause it really really ain't

Last edited:
Kissland is probably my favorite Weeknd body of work.
That album was an example of artistic growth.
Trilogy has better individual songs but as a whole Kissland felt like one cohesive story.
Listening to it is like watching a movie to me.
And yes I actually like Live For and love Wanderlust. Love In The Sky is one of my favorite Weeknd songs.

Last edited:
Kissland is probably my favorite Weeknd body of work.
That album was an example of artistic growth.
Trilogy has better individual songs but as a whole Kissland felt like one cohesive story.
Listening to it is like watching a movie to me.

Exactly my thoughts..

As for BBTM, its a really good album.. I like

Tell your Friends
Often
The Hills
Acquainted
CFMF
Shameless
Earned It
In the night

A couple of the other songs are DECENT, but they sound too much like generic R&B.. Which I dont even listen to on my own time. Main reason I became a fan of his was because it sounded nothing like generic R&B.. I understand why he did this though considering he's reaching for superstar status.

8/14 songs being really good on an album is good enough for me

my stance just changed on this album. 

All i had to do was uncheck earned it and ICFMF on iTunes and listen through again. 

The symbolism in the new video ​Anyone think he's trying to suggest that he's killed the version of himself that was going mainstream, and then killed the guy who threw the flames on him in the ICFMF video?

Last edited:
That transition from Acquainted to In the 90s has made me appreciate that song so much more. I liked it but now that ish is on a whole new level.

Not much else to say about the video that hasn't really been said. Just point out a few things. The Abel being buried is singing the song as well as the Abel burying him. One in the same? Also when he kills the devil/record label the song stops. Death of the old sound? So perhaps the man represents his former sound? Everything gets dark and Real Life is heard playing from the car. Then he's driving down an open road with nothing around. On a new journey?

Back
Top Bottom