The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Angel hit me right in the feels. 
frown.gif

And if we're not, hope you find somebody
I hope you find somebody, I hope you find somebody
I hope you find somebody to love, somebody to love
Somebody to love, yeah, yeah, yeah

Too much real life.
tired.gif

Can someone PM that acquainted into BIT90s transition track? Much appreciated!

This

Ok guys i am 1 time through and i can't get with it....i just can't

1. Real Life - Nope the beat is so basic and boring
2. Losers - No way....808's throw away and that dumb jamborie ending :smh:
3. Tell Your Friends - trying to hard with a basic beat...song had potential but the beat is just not there
4. Often - is good
5. The Hills - is good
6. Acquainted...its too late...i already heard girls in the 90s which to me is better and more of the weeknd feel.
7. CFMF....eh its good
8. Shameless - potentially really good (yelling shame in the background though is corny and so are the guitars near the tail end)
9. Earned it - nope will be skipped on the regular
10. In The Night - its good
11. As you Are - completely forgetable
12 Dark Times -not bad but will probably skip frequently
13. Prisoner - I like it might be my fave new song
14. Angel - the 80s intro is dumb but the song is there lyrically...i hope it grows on me

I just can't...its like you took my favorite artist and made him worse. You guys can say "but he still talks that grime" but the intoxication feeling and being sucked into the project just isn't there for me. The corny guitars and instrumentation won't let me get lost in the album like i was in any of the last projects. I will still buy it because this man deserves my money for trilogy more times then i can say. I hate to say it too because i am a weeknd stan. I am that guy who made all his friends listen to him. I bought 6 copies of Kissland and gave them to my friends to make them listen to it :lol: I just can't

Out of the whole album i like 7 out of the 14 songs basically so thats about a 50%....and i had to cringe say i liked "tell your friends" assuming they will grow on me.

Last edited:
I bet money he pulls a drake and supplies use with some fire in the first quarter of 2016.

or atleast i hope

"Show me your brokennnn Heart....and all your Flaws......"

Damn he got me in my feelings over here...SMH

Da young Gawwwwwww....

I'm interested in seeing how many opinions change in the near future. :nerd:

At first listen, this album was solid imo. Not great, nothing astonishing, just solid. Now, it's definitely grown on me even more. Over all it's a great project. I stand by my 8.5 ranking.

I'm interested in seeing how many opinions change in the near future.
nerd.gif

At first listen, this album was solid imo. Not great, nothing astonishing, just solid. Now, it's definitely grown on me even more. Over all it's a great project. I stand by my 8.5 ranking.
They will change 
nthat.gif

Don't know If i can listen to In The Night much more. Grew on me a lot, but it's too sad. It's catchy af tho.

Also, are we getting any bonus tracks?

For the folks who like BBTM as a whole, I don't get how those folks wouldn't like In the Night. I've seen a lot of negativity towards that track, I think it's a great song and great production 

Last edited:
I like it. Sounds Michael Jackson-esque. That second verse is just a lil too much for me tho.

I like it. Sounds Michael Jackson-esque. That second verse is just a lil too much for me tho.
Very very MJ. Like, outside of DD, lol, is his most MJ esque track IMO. The production was tailor made for MJ

From the first time I heard it I felt like it was a true jam

Last edited:

I mean, the strippers he sings about in The Morning had to have a back story. I think In The Night gives them one. It's a dark reality I guess.

Ok guys i am 1 time through and i can't get with it....i just can't

1. Real Life - Nope the beat is so basic and boring
2. Losers - No way....808's throw away and that dumb jamborie ending
mean.gif

3. Tell Your Friends - trying to hard with a basic beat...song had potential but the beat is just not there
4. Often - is good
5. The Hills - is good
6. Acquainted...its too late...i already heard girls in the 90s which to me is better and more of the weeknd feel.
7. CFMF....eh its good
8. Shameless - potentially really good (yelling shame in the background though is corny and so are the guitars near the tail end)
9. Earned it - nope will be skipped on the regular
10. In The Night - its good
11. As you Are - completely forgetable
12 Dark Times -not bad but will probably skip frequently
13. Prisoner - I like it might be my fave new song
14. Angel - the 80s intro is dumb but the song is there lyrically...i hope it grows on me

image.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom