The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Nah man, can't rock with False Alarm, especially that god awful hook.

How you release a masterpiece like Starboy and then release this? 
sick.gif

So if he's following in MJ and switching up in terms of the focus on every album then what is Starboy?

In terms of phases as you will, is this Weeknd's Bad or Dangerous phase?

So if he's following in MJ and switching up in terms of the focus on every album then what is Starboy?

In terms of phases as you will, is this Weeknd's Bad or Dangerous phase?
This should've been Bad, but it's looking like Blood On the Dance Floor status.

Noooooooooo

Doc you sold out, I don't blame you for it though. A man of that talent should have the choice of becoming wealthy

This is Doc's style. Heard the song immiediately thoughy Abel wen Pop Punk.

Doc as punk roots.

I like Pop Punk Abel

Song is cool except for the hook, hook is corny
Still can't wait for Starboy the album

This is some sexy *** rider muzik (Starboy) :smokin

Never heard any of this guy's music.... only listened because Daft Punk.

False Alarm sounds like a K-Os song. Which he is more adept at making.

Last edited:
You know what, I'm not gonna condemn the entire album thanks to this trash. Just as I was cautiously optimistic after Starboy, I'm going to reserve judgement. And with 18 tracks, if I think half the album is trash, and the other half is classic Weeknd, then I have a classic Weeknd mixtape.

I still think he has it in him.

I have to believe that.

I think it's safe to say at this point that any of us in this thread waiting for Trilogy Weeknd to comeback need to let that go 

The more I think about it, I think doc was just miffed at not being the majority producer over bbtm so he lashed out the way he did

I just assumed incorrectly what he meant by his comments, I thought he didn't like him going pop. Turns out he doesn't care he just wanted to be a major part of it (I am assuming a bit that the album will be pop, I could be wrong)

And I don't care what docs roots are, the song is just not XO. I'm not bitter or upset it's just fact. I'll withhold judgement for the album until I hear the entire thing

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say at this point that any of us in this thread waiting for Trilogy Weeknd to comeback need to let that go 
I ain't even mad
He gave us three classics :pimp:
Revisited those joints yesterday and they still sound more advanced than the typical 2016 r&b tracks
I just like that he's taking risks and not playing it safe

He gave us 4 classics and countless classic features and non album tracks

There were some gems on bbtm as well so I am hoping it's the same for starboy

Last edited:
The Birds Pt. 1 is poppy imo. XO is anything they want it to be at this point. Dude's morphing into a megastar. Although the dark r&b got me here I'm in for the ride. 

He gave us 4 classics and countless classic features and non album tracks

There were some gems on bbtm as well so I am hoping it's the same for starboy
I don't see Kissland as a classic
Used to think it was meh but lately it grew to be decent for me
I know when I said this a couple times I gotten flack from this thread :lol: but I stand by it
Everything else i agree though [emoji]128076[/emoji]
Especially that Trust Issues remix goddamn good memories when that first dropped :pimp:

The Birds Pt. 1 is poppy imo. XO is anything they want it to be at this point. Dude's morphing into a megastar. Although the dark r&b got me here I'm in for the ride. 
The Birds Pt 1 is way better than False Alarm :lol:
Similar style but that was more jammin
Dat outro when he goes falsetto woooooo

Kissland is a classic

It's tied with House of Balloons as his best work to date

You trippin

Birds 1 not pop but we're never going to agree so there's no point

Of course xo is whatever they want it to be it's their sound, you're lying if you say this sound (bbtm) and the tapes/kl sound are anything similar

The Birds Pt 1 is way better than False Alarm
laugh.gif

Similar style but that was more jammin
Dat outro when he goes falsetto woooooo
Lol I'm in no way comparing the songs. I'm referring to the Doc production. I'm not surprised he was ok with the pop route. 

Birds 1 not pop but we're never going to agree so there's no point

Of course xo is whatever they want it to be it's their sound, you're lying if you say this sound (bbtm) and the tapes/kl sound are anything similar
Of course not, but that's suppose to be the point.

Birds Pt. 1 isn't full on pop music but it has a strong pop tone to it, imo 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom