The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Everyday I walk down my hallway in school
I yell "XOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOO!"

IN my own Weeknd imitation voice
laugh.gif
i just be yellin out "CAN WE P.. O....VEEEEEE"  waitin for a weeknd fan chick to come up and be like well, yes 
devil.gif
nerd.gif

Produced by Weekndwhich samples Lana Del Rey's "Video Games"

Lana is also the chick on Lonely Star & Birds 2

Dont know if its been said before

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

laugh.gif
i just be yellin out "CAN WE P.. O....VEEEEEE"  waitin for a weeknd fan chick to come up and be like well, yes 
devil.gif
nerd.gif

Can we vid-YO feed, can we P... OH... VEEEEEEEEEE!? 
pimp.gif

ivde7b.gif

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Everyday I walk down my hallway in school
I yell "XOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOO!"

IN my own Weeknd imitation voice

This guys music is just 

tumblr_lyhouqnnah1qgtnx5o1_400.gif

That GIF 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I do both as well 
laugh.gif

http://beatsperminute.com/features/appreciating-the-weeknd/tumblr_lnbx28ougm1qi083io1_1280/

http://beatsperminute.com...appreciating-the-weeknd/

Nothing and nobody in the musical year of 2011 has stayed with me the way The Weeknd has. What upstart Toronto R&B crooner Abel Tesfaye pulled off over last twelve months is both truly remarkable and in some ways unprecedented. House of Balloons, Thursday, and Echoes of Silence, his three 2011 releases, were advertised as mixtapes, but that sells their worth as albums ridiculously short. Usually when someone mentions the release of a mixtape, I think of a DIY, thrown-together collection of tracks and song fragments. They can be very good, even great, but rarely do they exhibit the consistency and attention to detail that Tesfaye’s work does. That he put out three albums mere months apart that are both meticulously plotted and exhilaratingly rough-edged, before receiving industry backing of any kind outside of Drake tweeting a few of his lyrics, is mind-boggling. This is the kind of streak of high-quality albums we usually see from bands with established fan bases and widespread support, not the opening salvo of a kid that hasn’t even been around long enough for the major labels to open a proper bidding war.

But for as much critical acclaim as Tesfaye has garnered (House of Balloons was a fixture on many publications’ year-end lists, including this one), I still feel like he’s somewhat underrated. To begin with, he has flat-out one of the most mesmerizing voices I’ve ever heard, and that isn’t an exaggeration. It’s an astonishing instrument that’s like a cross between Michael Jackson and Jeff Buckley. And while that alone would be enough to justify the praise he’s earned, it’s the risks he takes with this voice that make him compelling. An asset of this caliber is something most would elect to leave well enough alone. But Tesfaye and producer Illangelo have no qualms about bending and melding it to the point of unrecognizability. That “Goneâ€

OK what does he say on Echoes of Silence

It's gonna end how you expect it girl you're...

1. Such a masochist and I ask why

or

2. Such a mess I guess I might as well (seems like a stretch)

I thought so.

Btw I don't usually give a rat's behind about music videos but I need to see The Zone immediately. Complex.com said it's already finished?
nerd.gif

I love it when your eyes are red.......
Are you on my cloud yet?

Lust over love.

No one man should be this good at writing songs.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's unreal how good he is at song writing. When you actually look at the intricacies in his verses it's just mind blowing...

By far my favorite song from the Weeknd it's toooooooo dope and how it leads into 'Initiation' 
pimp.gif

I don't get why 'Initiation' gets so much hate I think it's cool

"The clocks don't work, you don't gotta check the time

And the blinds don't work, you don't gotta check the sky"

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ciph4

Originally Posted by Pasadena TX

hopefully he come to SXSW

Drake/The Weeknd headlining Fader Fort was a rumor floating around a while back.
yea, somebody told me the same thing today... I'll be at SXSW this year hoping to catch the weeknd.. 

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

By far my favorite song from the Weeknd it's toooooooo dope and how it leads into 'Initiation'�
pimp.gif

I don't get why 'Initiation' gets so much hate I think it's cool

"The clocks don't work, you don't gotta check the time

And the blinds don't work, you don't gotta check the sky"�

pimp.gif

I have that track set to start auto at 4:39, I only want "The Host"

Finally hearing him sing that hook without pitch-shift after him leaking "Initiation" first was such a trip..

Back
Top Bottom