The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Yea there's no way he drops an album before the tour is completed.

Good chance he debuts a song or two from his next album at one of the shows though.

Listened again. The first two verses didn't sound as bad as they did originally. The ending is still trash, doe.

dude fell offfffff
roll.gif

Typical NT

Often was up there with classic weeknd...dude drops 1 mediocre track (not even bad) and "he fell off".  went from batting 1.000 to .996

Throwaway track or not, he's smart. He's feeding us for the time being, because the next tracks that come out, is gonna be the one from Ariana Grande's album coming out in a couple of weeks. Probably gonna hear the track with Sky in the near future. And as we know, he smashes pretty much all colabs. I think we may end up getting a mixtape for the fall...

Dude uses so much unnecessary vulgar language imo, like he's trying to appeal toa certain demographic b/c that's what certain age groups respond to. Leave that ratchet r&b to the August Alsinas and Ty dolla signs of the game. Weeknd is too talented and his music is too deep to flood it with random profanities.

Dude uses so much unnecessary vulgar language imo, like he's trying to appeal toa certain demographic b/c that's what certain age groups respond to. Leave that ratchet r&b to the August Alsinas and Ty dolla signs of the game. Weeknd is too talented and his music is too deep to flood it with random profanities.
He's been cursing since HOB :\.

lol people on KTT complain about this too. do you listen to his music with your parents or something? :lol: i've just never heard anyone complain about vulgarity or profanities in hip hop before

dude fell offfffff

We doing this now? :lol:

:lol: You know how some _'s are. One week you're the greatest, the next you're done.

You sound old as hell bruh and from HOB to KL his music has gotten lighter

Last edited:
He has amped up the vulgarities of late but he's been using the same tone, language and themes since day 1 
laugh.gif

PND catchin up? PND does not even compare to The Weeknd. Styles are so different. I like PNDs old school R&B flow but lets see him do for example some acoustic versions like Abel did to a whole bunch of his songs. His voice can't be touched right now

I mean, it's not really a stretch to say he fell off when every track previously was a homerun (yes, even Live For after a few listens).

But then again :lol: at the notion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom