The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
It's not the sound from him I like. I like the dark mystical stuff like the hills. Then other joints sound like Disney melodies.

It's good, it's just not on the level of the trilogy.

I know this new album will be better than kissland though.

It's not the sound from him I like. I like the dark mystical stuff like the hills. Then other joints sound like Disney melodies.

This is what i have been saying.

Girls in the 90s has grown on me but it feels like Kissland to me not trilogy. I can't feel my face...i dont like that song at all
In the night is wonderlust to me. A one-of that is just him on a wavy track. The hills though....

If all we had was The Hills + Might Not + Drinks on Us remix. Id say this album coming up would top kissland easy. My expectations are now tapered due to these pop-ier songs

In the night is top 5 worst weeknd songs ever

Isn't the hills the only song on the new albums so far tho? The 90s track is flames I wouldn't mind that on there

Last edited:
we can all see the real difference between songs like The hills/often/drinks on us and IT90's,ITN,  ICFMF, love me harder ...

i enjoy them all regardless...respect the artistry and growth 

dude is gonna make pop songs, like it or not

Last edited:
Man , Girls Born In The 90's has literally been wiped off the face of the internet.
Can anyone help... this is crucial to hear yall talking so highly of it and not being able to listen .

I didn't want to be the one that said it. :lol:

I already catch enough heat for thinking Tears in the Rain and KotF are trash.

Drinks on us isn't garbage... But it's "meh" to the tenth degree in my book.

Last edited:
Damn the In the Night slander... I agree im not a huge fan of ICFMF but In the Night...

I literally have NO clue what some of you are listening to if you think In The 90s is pop or even close to similar to ICFMF. It actually blows my mind. Maybe since it released around the same time - you guys just associate them as the same type of song. But jesus - that song has Trilogy written all over it. There's nothing pop about it. Sounds nothing like anything on KL too. I don't even mean this in a combative way either.

Also if anyone wants it, inbox me.

I literally have NO clue what some of you are listening to if you think In The 90s is pop or even close to similar to ICFMF. It actually blows my mind. Maybe since it released around the same time - you guys just associate them as the same type of song. But jesus - that song has Trilogy written all over it. There's nothing pop about it. Sounds nothing like anything on KL too. I don't even mean this in a combative way either.
Also true.  

In the 90's would slot in perfectly after "Next" just about anywhere else on EOS.

Then again dudes are convinced Trilogy is one coherent sound just because it was released years after the originals as a triple disc album. 

Last edited:
The Trilogy doesn't necessarily have one sound but it has the same atmosphere, if that makes any sense at all
laugh.gif
. Definitely sounds different than Kiss Land which I didn't enjoy on the first listen. I definitely have to listen to it again tho.

Back
Top Bottom