The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
That KL fox would be copped quick!
#NTXO check out my new Kissland pins:

IG:
https://instagram.com/heroesforhireco/

Purchase them here:
http://heroesforhire.bigcartel.com/

enjoy :pimp:

Hope it comes before the 15th :smokin

If he doesn't give the og fans material that they fell for 4 years ago, says a lot about dude as a person. Like the geeky chick back in 8th grade who got ******* over the summer and became queen bee in 9th grade and ***** on her old friends when they try to sit at the popular table with her. I hate that broad.

If he doesn't give the og fans material that they fell for 4 years ago, says a lot about dude as a person. Like the geeky chick back in 8th grade who got ******* over the summer and became queen bee in 9th grade and ***** on her old friends when they try to sit at the popular table with her. I hate that broad.

:lol:

:lol: there's been mention dude is kind of a snake so I wouldn't be surprised tbh

At this point i just want one or two songs that are straight grime. WITH the production to match. Please don't write the lyrics like Tell Your Friends and have that dumb beat to it. Or if you are going to have a beat that builds like ICFMF or The Hills...hit the damn chorus hard. The Hills is two notes away from being a perfect classic. I can't feel my face is a loud chorus of him going in, away from being a great song. I just don't know why they both build like the chorus is going to knock hard and just level out

end rant yes im still bitter

But there is hope we did get Drinks on us and Might not.

"if you ever talk about me when im not around
your girl will probably tell me when i put it in her mouth"

"Got a couple girls shooting movies on the mattress
Then i hit the booth make the m**** F***** sound track"

I'm at a point where I'm not even hoping for anything reminiscent of the real XO. Anything now would be just a tease, 1 or 2 tracks, and you'll be left wanting more :lol:. Don't eem front.

Furthermore, the Trilogy era was more than just pure raunch and grime. The Knowing, The Birds, Heaven or Las Vegas, Next, EoS just to name a few are songs that represent next level artistry.

I guess in order to appeal to a larger crowd, things have to get simpler.

I'm at a point where I'm not even hoping for anything reminiscent of the real XO. Anything now would be just a tease, 1 or 2 tracks, and you'll be left wanting more
laugh.gif
. Don't eem front.

Furthermore, the Trilogy era was more than just pure raunch and grime. The Knowing, The Birds, Heaven or Las Vegas, Next, EoS just to name a few are songs that represent next level artistry.

I guess in order to appeal to a larger crowd, things have to get simpler.
Dude your second point is so much TRUTH. He really tapped into some other stuff during the Trilogy era that a ton of folks, Weeknd fans included, flat out ignore. A lot of folks said he was getting repetitive and didn't have diverse material. Seriously so incorrect

I have continued to say that Kiss Land WAS NEXT LEVEL song writing and production

For me, As You Are, Acquainted and The Hills are the only tracks on BBTM that are up to par with his past standards. I'll throw Angel in there too, it's a little soft and bland but there's some beautiful stuff there. It could have closed out one of his past works.

Prisoner and Dark Times are both very good and good songs in their own right, but at the end of the day they will never not sound like Lana and Ed featuring the Weeknd.

ICFMF is incredibly fun song that would have served great as this albums Wunderlust mixing things up midway through the album. In the Night could have served the same purpose but isn't as good.

Everything else is below par or just don't fit (Earned It, Losers).

Tell Your Friends and Shameless are the only outright disappointments.

Last edited:
Not understanding all this "Tell Your Friends" shade recently...It's a [emoji]128293[/emoji] song, IMO. Ye delivered.

I don't know man, **** talking over a boring *** beat, I just feel like Abel is sooooooooo much better than that.

Especially when he **** talk in the exact same manner, 2x as hard, on KOTF last summer. Leave that **** to the lifestyle rappers or save it for loosies in between projects.

Last edited:
Agreed. Even if he does another raunchy track, it'll be a cheap ploy. Dude has stars in his eyes... Wants the money. He's said it himself... He's happy now. What we got 4 years ago came from a truly broken individual.

Agreed. Even if he does another raunchy track, it'll be a cheap ploy. Dude has stars in his eyes... Wants the money. He's said it himself... He's happy now. What we got 4 years ago came from a truly broken individual.
Pretty much a perfect storm that spawned from his bad circumstances. Homeless, drugs, alcohol, unsuccessful love life...

Top it off he had Jeremy Rose and Doc

BBTM is good but to say Kissland isn't cohesive and BBTM is....na whole review was void to me.
No mention of the second half of the album that is buns.

Back
Top Bottom