The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Abel seems viginy and hoverhandy, is he a devout Muslim? Does he have depersonalization disorder? Does he have schizoid personality disorder? are his lyrics him externalizing his internal fantasy world? You think he's smashed Bella yet or is he too nice and shy of a guy to go in for the kill? 

Abel if you're reading this we're in the same boat, keep killin' it brother.

Last edited:

If Brandon even thinks about putting a curse on Abel the God, I'll have Ice City shooters roaming the streets of Berkeley before you can say House of Balloons.

Some updates

MADNESS TOUR MERCH: http://shop.theweeknd.com/dept/tour?cp=70350_80302

BGCTWK31.JPG

BGCTWK32.JPG

Another collab with Alexander Wang 
nerd.gif
:
STAY TUNED... #WANGXO pic.twitter.com/FsJGaKElQm
— The Weeknd Bible (@TheWeekndBible) November 3, 2015
Tour begins today:
SET TIMES:
Travi$ Scott: 7:30
Banks: 8:15
Abel: 9:15

Love Banks but her performing after Travis is gonna be such a terrible and awkward transition. I don't know what they're thinking.

Last edited:
Whos in the Toronto show right now? Travis' set was pretty lit, he had all the young girls jumping :rofl:

lol this new album must be when Jordan tried to play baseball
He's a pop artist now, he's always wanted to be, he just didn't have the budget and resources before this, when you're new you take the producers you can get and you make it work because you have to.
Kiss Land though, boy was that the project. To me, Kiss Land>BBTM
Not if you bump it really loud, BBTM has much better mixing and mastering, astoundingly clean, it's like Dre ****, super crisp, Kissland sounds tinny in comparison and the mixtapes sound super tinny in comparison.
I actually think this album has a very very clear story from start to finish. It's just not very sonically cohesive. KL was almost too cohesive sonically. I'm not sure if he purposefully wanted to avoid that this time around or if the process was just different. His hand may have been forced with the Max Martin collaborations, Lab track, Earned It and Often being "hits" and mandated to be on the album by the label. There's definitely a story though - not sure why so many miss it. I feel like the KL story was missed or ignored early on too.
post your interpretations.

He's a pop artist now, he's always wanted to be, he just didn't have the budget and resources before this, when you're new you take the producers you can get and you make it work because you have to.
Not if you bump it really loud, BBTM has much better mixing and mastering, astoundingly clean, it's like Dre ****, super crisp, Kissland sounds tinny in comparison and the mixtapes sound super tinny in comparison.
I actually think this album has a very very clear story from start to finish. It's just not very sonically cohesive. KL was almost too cohesive sonically. I'm not sure if he purposefully wanted to avoid that this time around or if the process was just different. His hand may have been forced with the Max Martin collaborations, Lab track, Earned It and Often being "hits" and mandated to be on the album by the label. There's definitely a story though - not sure why so many miss it. I feel like the KL story was missed or ignored early on too.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom