The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
"I know I said I'm going to take some time off after this but I may just **** around and drop another album this year."

That other album of material definitely exists.

Ya'll are going to love the shows by the way, tons of old material and the production value was excellent.

"I know I said I'm going to take some time off after this but I may just **** around and drop another album this year."

That other album of material definitely exists.

Ya'll are going to love the shows by the way, tons of old material and the production value was excellent.

Let's go!

I got a private lapdance to Acquainted, thus being my favorite song off BBTM

Dude has another album in him in the near future? I need some redeeming material
I hope so

I have little faith in the next project. Remember, he's in a different space right now. He's too happy to be great.

All we can hope is he decides to leak the Seattle album. I'm straight on a More Beauty Behind the Madness joint.

That setlist though [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

I don't mind the happiness. I have faith, this album has Angel, Aquainted, As You Are, The Hills and Real Life. The ability to make amazing songs that are poppy is prevalent. Just cut some of the fluff

Really hoping he does the slower tempo version of the morning for this tour. Not looking forward to that sped up **** he did at Coachella. :smh:

Also, I see there's an intermission period during the KotF track. Might use that time to go look at some merch. Might try to find Jada Stevens and convince my girl to be bout that life for the night.

All we can hope is he decides to leak the Seattle album. I'm straight on a More Beauty Behind the Madness joint.
The Seattle album doesn't exist (yet) BBTM was supposed to be the Seattle album but he got pulled away by show business, he told us this during his Bumbershoot set in early September.

"you know how much I really do love your city right? this album was supposed to be written in Seattle.... second times the charm on that"
Need Bella to come through & rip his heart out his chest.
DAMN. That's trife for a fan to wish, but I know he'd (partially) enjoy the pain, I do, it's the realest feeling I've ever felt, it's the girls that make us FEEL that we like, not the one's that conventional wisdom tells us we should be with... all the girls that really like me I don't feel a thing for.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Yeah that Bella *** needs to go. Got dude out here buying puppies and ish.

Dude frolicking through meadows putting dandelions in his hair smh

Last edited:
post your interpretations.

Real Life/Losers/TFY - reminiscing on the past plus how things have changed when the story starts.

TYF/Often/Hills - the savage life he's currently living

Acquainted is where it starts to shift. He starts falling for this girl and starts to rethink his mentality on love. He's not all the way there yet so the song ends with the grimier In The 90s lyrics. He kinda goes back and forth mid-song too. Shameless feeds off of that. He's showing this girl attention even though he knows it's not good for her.

CFMF/Earned It/ITN/First half of As You Are is another shift. Now he's all in on the love. He's accepting her for all her flaws and darkness.

2nd half of As You Are is another shift. He's back to his darkness. Pleading for her to accept the person that he is.

Dark Times/Prisoner is him realizing that this isn't the right time for love. He can promise all that other stuff but he's a prisoner to the darkness/savagery + no one can really love him for who he is.

Angel goes off of that. Full on acceptance that love isn't for him. Not now. He does hope that this girl finds someone that's ready for love though. The feelings are there - he's just not ready to let go of his past life.

He normally uses women as metaphors for fame, drugs, the music industry or his fans so you could argue a lot of that is thrown in there. That outline is just the bare bones basic story.

Back
Top Bottom