The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm gonna sit this tour out.

This album is ok. Not my cup of tea. I honestly feel that as a pop star, he's not the best. Perhaps even far from the best. And I'm sure my judgments are heavily biased and steeped in memories of yesterday's greatness.

If I want pop ****, Bruno Mars fulfills the need adequately. Yea, he has done really good pop sounds, even great, but way too many misses.

And I've come to terms with this reality :lol:. I better have by now.

Last edited:
This album is ok. Not my cup of tea. I honestly feel that as a pop star, he's not the best. Perhaps even far from the best.

If I want pop ****, Bruno Mars fulfills the need adequately.

Pretty much my thoughts. Bruno mars low key killin ****. His new single straight fire :lol: I'm not even a pop fan like that, heard it on the radio and was like damn

And I'm not really excited for a joint project between drake and Weeknd. At this point in their careers it'd prolly be too much pop for my tastes. A song or three definitely so we can get that old OVOXO but a whole project? Nah it's clear the golden days are over

Last edited:
Time for an OVOXO album has past.

Would love a couple of songs though, they still have only missed once.

Last edited:
Ive heard great things about that brubo mars album, is it better than starboy?

I cant see that, i love starboy. I wanted to hate it, but it just keeps growing on me man

Ive heard great things about that brubo mars album, is it better than starboy?

I cant see that, i love starboy. I wanted to hate it, but it just keeps growing on me man

Is it better ? Eh.... I wouldn't say better. But yeah that new Bruno album is fire too. It's like 80's/90's style R&B with his own flavor on it. Dude has some nice vocals.

This album is solid for what it is. It perfectly captures the 26 year old cat that dude has become. He's left traces of the old sound on here for the day one fans, and he's taken it a step further to hone that pop sound for the new comers. I ultimately can't knock dude. It's actually all anyone could've realistically hoped for. Dude wants to be the biggest pop star on the planet, and he won't do that by appeasing one subset of his fan base over the other. Gotta accept that 2011 has passed and as times change, people change with it. Just hope homie reaches the heights he's aspiring to hit. :smokin

I don't like some tracks, but I've got nothing negative to say about the album. If I can get confirmation that he won't perform kotf on the tour, I may cop a ticket.

Last edited:
Basking in the TITR/kotf slander while listening to Reminder got me in the zone.
tumblr_oe82wkcoIw1qb66x7o1_500.gif

Bruno mars album is fire but to me it's pigeon holed

Starboy album has so many dimensions I don't personally agree that The Weeknd can't be the best pop star, he's proving that he can be even with his dark twist on it.. nobody has the depth or darkness that he brings in the pop game

Now that he's singing about love and ish.. its only going to add to his following

Last edited:
Didn't doc back outta BBTM? And ill back out of starboy?
Yup

Doc didn't want to be a part of it and implied it was because he was going pop lol

Welp

The transition from false alarm to reminder is lit

Accepted the dude for where he's at and I view him as a new artist. Letting me enjoy the music to be honest never thought it'd be possible

Last edited:
Lonely night makes me float back to the 70s feel like I'm in the disco with some blow.. I've never even done it lol

Feel like grabbing some roller skates and **** sheesh

Yup

Doc didn't want to be a part of it and implied it was because he was going pop lol

Welp

The transition from false alarm to reminder is lit

Accepted the dude for where he's at and I view him as a new artist. Letting me enjoy the music to be honest never thought it'd be possible

This dude tried to be David Bowie on secrets.. so random .. I just realized this.. wtf
Yea I guess Doc couldn't say no to the pop money either.

And yes! That's who he reminded me of in Secrets. Yesterday I was like who does he sound like?... Talk about experimenting [emoji]128552[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom