The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Love Real Life. Still spin a lot of tracks off of both BBTM and Starboy.
I know y'all not hating on As You Are

BREH

So I'm thinking he recorded partial parts of the album or wrote partial parts of the album way back then but never finished them

I agree with this guy

Songwriters sit on lyrics for a long time until it feels right. It’s possible he re used old lines and just added more to modern moments. But **** that’s crazy

How were they recorded when he hadn't met Bella or Selena at that point?

Who said the project was about them?

That's just speculation b.

Also maybe he wrote one or two songs back then and came back to finish the project recently.

Who said the project was about them?

That's just speculation b.

Also maybe he wrote one or two songs back then and came back to finish the project recently.
I agree with your last line, I think the project could have been in his stash and then his recent relationships inspired him to reach in da bag and add to some of the tracks and make them into complete songs

I read in the Reddit thread that Doc was mad in his Tweets, potentially because they created the songs together back then but he aint getting no credit for the release today

Very interesting. It makes sense based on a lot of the sound... hopefully we get more info... and more music.

The crooning is reminiscent of his older sound as opposed to his BBTM/Starboy sound

Overall the brand of MDM seems like its origin is from years ago with the polish of his new direction. I wouldn't be surprised if it was honestly a mix of his old material with added elements (production/lyrics/content) from recent times

The time folks have and what folks find is always scary

I don't know if he sang that part at every tour stop but I went to the LA show for the King of the Fall Tour and I don't remember that at all lol. I wasn't as messed up for that show either, Kiss Land tour yes

The time folks have and what folks find is always scary

I don't know if he sang that part at every tour stop but I went to the LA show for the King of the Fall Tour and I don't remember that at all lol. I wasn't as messed up for that show either, Kiss Land tour yes

Stopped reading right there.

He's smiling in his ig story

Sorry guys lol

CrTRYf8XYAAYDlO.jpg

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but it sounds like one of the tracks being played is/was the reference for the quatre neuf track.

Back
Top Bottom