The Whispers: ABC, Monday 10 EST/9 CST

Still nothing?

Kids outchea doing random deeds because some unseen figure named Drill is telling them. :nerd:

Some highly trained dude that was thought to be dead is out running around, trying to avoid FBI on his tail, and now we find out he has some kind of electric ability, or at least can disengage an electric fence by touching it. :nerd:

This show is interesting but going a bit slow I feel. I thought it'd be more of a serial psycho manipulating the kids to do his killing and less of an alien origin. I missed last nights ep but the shows not bad. I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it picks up

Still nothing?

Kids outchea doing random deeds because some unseen figure named Drill is telling them. :nerd:

Some highly trained dude that was thought to be dead is out running around, trying to avoid FBI on his tail, and now we find out he has some kind of electric ability, or at least can disengage an electric fence by touching it. :nerd:
he ain't got no powers. I believe he is the only adult that can communicate with or atleast hear drill IMO..

Powers?

I said highly trained, and can at the very last disengage an active electric fence. Who said or implied powers?

If you tellin me dude can disarm an active electric fence by just touching it I'm gonna assume you think he has powers.

Ain't got to get butthurt

Butthurt?

Stop assuming things, breh. :lol:

I said nothing about powers, implicitly or explicitly. I'm generally pretty good with words and certainly know how to say what I'm thinking.

I'm thinking he disabled an electric fence. The assumption was on you, and pointing that out doesn't make me butthurt.

Chill. :lol:

Last edited:
I'll say it then.

He got powers.

I think with the plane crash, the special experimental weapon onboard, and a possible alien arrival that something happened to him where he's either being helped by some entity via these abilities (premonitions, electricity, etc.) or is on the same wavelength as Drill so he can do some of the things he does. However, it's clearly more taxing on humans since he passes out a lot.

I also feel it's clear as day from ep 1 he's trying to stop Drill and these bad things from happening.

As for the show itself, I just binged the 3 eps earlier. Pretty wild. I agree it's a bit slow but the mystery is interesting. There's just something about using children to commit murders along with this other bad stuff especially from the imaginary friend angle that's super creepy. It's a whole other level of sinister I can't rock with it. Even if it turns out it's an alien that's just trying to get home (more likely nuke the Earth to make it habitable for it's ppl). I'll keep watching for now and see where it goes.

That first child actor that set her moms up is adorable. Makes it even more messed up how hard she rides for Drill and winning this game :smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Always a pleasure reading your film analysis, Zik, be it TV or movie.

Looking forward to seeing how some of the things you mentioned play out.

i enjoyed the first 3 eps enough to keep watching for at least a few more. despite some of the grisly elements and the fact that children are involved, it's still has a network-y feel to it - that was probably my biggest gripe.

Still ******* creepy.

Using kids like this just aint right.

I don't care if there wasn't a complete nuclear meltdown at the end of this ep. One kid blew up, one mother almost died, and this Drill bastard got some black kid making a bomb :smh:

I only wish they'd give Drill a face so I can something to identify with all my disdain :lol: :smh:

Drill swallowing up the energy makes it seem like he may not be completely malevolent though. Plus since it was Sean that thought he was stopping what was going to happen but ended up helping indirectly I'm guessing the voice he's hearing is Drill's.

Also this whole ep was just more evidence Sean has some ability or the other (alien) being is right with him helping step by step with all those electrical hacks.

^ When that chick he took hostage asked him how that door was open, I kind of believed when he said he didn't know. I think he is... compromised, and therefore unaware. And I think his help (like whoever opened that door) is without his knowledge.[quote name="Brabbit1"]The ending to last nights episode was pretty crazy.[/quote]Legit!

What, like a closet racist recently exposed after giving up loyalty to something I said I was extremely loyal to?

^Yes.

The past few eps up until this recent one have all been on point.

Still sickening how dude has been using children and now we see he's forcing them to kill other kids or threatening their parents he will if they don't kill for him.

The past eps where they tried to kill Drill was pretty good. :lol: @ how that doctor just got killed for helping. Them soldiers aint making no kind of sense. Like did they need to do that? :smh:

Now I'm wondering if there's more than one Drill here or if they sent one right after one died.

The recent ep talking about Drill been here 3o years ago and made some kid kill his brother is ****** up. As farfetched as it is he'd better off getting a kid to convince some powerful parents he is an alien and negotiate if he just wants some nuclear energy but nah son out here plotting the most sinister ****. I'm not entirely sure where they go from here. Seems like the guy knew more stuff and then he gets shot.

That red head kid is dumb. You locked in the car and just screaming during a thunderstorm. Why not honk the horn? :lol: :smh:

Right now I'm waiting to see if the mystery gets better from here on out.

[quote name="Master Zik"]Now I'm wondering if there's more than one Drill here or if they sent one right after one died.[/quote] With ol' boy who killed his brother saying he killed Drill, that leaves only 2 possibilities, right? Either they sent another Drill like you suggested (that was my girl's thought, too), or he didn't really kill Drill, but thought he did.

I think you're right; there's more than one.

Yeah the 30 year gap makes me think they sent another one and they all use the same name for w/e reason. If not and he was here the whole time there'd be more records to find about kids having evil imaginary friends that make them do bad things.

It'll get deeper and I expect we'll get some sort of answer there before the season is done.

Anyone watch last night?

It basically confirmed that there are multiples of this Drill character, that multiples have been sent.

Man **** this ***** *** alien Drill >:

Out here getting kids to murder, now he got kids bully one kid just so he would listen to him just to almost kill him, and then goes and kills dude's wife :smh:

This is pissing me off so much.

Back
Top Bottom