The Windows 11 Thread

Damn Windows still doing numbers?I thought it was “Windows” by now and they were just regularly updating it.

Gotta wait a few weeks I think for the update. It's good my laptop can run it, but not looking forward to updating.

NVM, guess my PC can't run Windows 11. Got the email saying it's available for download, went to update and says it doesn't meet system requirements...no TPM 2.0 and I guess a outdated processor(Core i3-4030U).

Laptop is still pretty snappy so no real need to upgrade right now, but will consider it down the line. Bought it 6 years ago.

NVM, guess my PC can't run Windows 11. Got the email saying it's available for download, went to update and says it doesn't meet system requirements...no TPM 2.0 and I guess a outdated processor(Core i3-4030U).

Laptop is still pretty snappy so no real need to upgrade right now, but will consider it down the line. Bought it 6 years ago.

You have to go into BIOS and change some settings to get it up to TPM 2.0. I had to do that with my desktop.

As for the processor, that I don't know.

You have to go into BIOS and change some settings to get it up to TPM 2.0. I had to do that with my desktop.

As for the processor, that I don't know.
You access BIOS during the boot up of your PC right?

The processor definitely meets the spec requirements unless there is something I'm missing.

There's a lot of hardware out there that will needlessly be deprecated due to the lack of TPM 2.0. :smh: :smh: :smh:

4th gen mobile i3? sheesh, it's time to upgrade man.
I definitely wasn't planning to upgrade anytime soon. The laptop still runs great.

It has 6GB of memory as well as 750GB hard drive (non-SSD of course). Bought it used off Tiger Direct for like $325 back in 2015.

4th gen mobile i3? sheesh, it's time to upgrade man.

Nah, I've got 2012 AMD A8 with 32GB RAM and a Samsung SSD that I use as a HTPC for streaming and music and it flies for all intents and purposes.

If you're not gaming, machines from the last 10 years with RAM & SSD upgrades are still quite viable for light or casual use.

Windows 10 is end of support/life in 2025 so I'll ride it out for another 4 years. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Finally got the update!

Snapchat-471119183.jpg
20211021_195356.jpg

So I guess the Groove MP3 player is dead... Microsoft "upgraded" it to Media Player and it's complete trash. What MP3 players do you guys use that's not iTunes? I wonder if I could find a version of the old Zune player to work on Windows 11.

Back
Top Bottom