the wire marlo vs avon

Originally Posted by M16

Avon's crew by far.
yea, cuz having a backstabbing best friend is the business
happy.gif

I'd say Lo, mainly because he put the fear in his peoples hearts. He got the job done, but burned the wrong bridge with the prop joe situation.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

If Avon had Marlo's muscle....it woulda been a rap

He did, they got locked up and/or killed

weebay/stinkem/bird/slim Charles > Chris & Snoop

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Marlo beat the system
How is this even a question
it's a valid question. like someone else said, marlo didn't beat the system. he got off on a technicality.
soooooooo what is that called??
Avon didn't exactly give up Stringer, Stringer put himself in for betraying Mouzzone and Omar both. Avon tried to make it right but it couldn't be fixed.
regardless of why he still gave dude up no matter how you slice it

jimmybeanz wrote:

Pmighty wrote:

Marlo beat the system
it's a valid question. like someone else said, marlo didn't beat the system. he got off on a technicality.

Avon didn't exactly give up Stringer, Stringer put himself in for betraying Mouzzone and Omar both. Avon tried to make it right but it couldn't be fixed.

is you crazy? Stringer had D'Angelo killed and went around Avon's back to have Omar kill Mouzzone. Stringer killed his nephew and was trifling with theBarksdale name and even then Avon was trying to spare him. Not to mention it was a forced move anyway cause Mouzzone would've killed or tortured Avon toget to Stringer and would've found Stringer eventually. You saying you would've done different?

Avon.

*@$! all the details, logistics, and whose crew was better - he peeped the cops tailin' him, took 'em for a little spin, and drove back around only towaive his finger at 'em.

pimp.gif

Street IQ on Stephen Hawking levels.

Avon by far......did ya forget Avon and his crew was on their way to winning the war til Stringer snitched

Originally Posted by infamousod

jimmybeanz wrote:

Pmighty wrote:

Marlo beat the system

is you crazy? Stringer had D'Angelo killed and went around Avon's back to have Omar kill Mouzzone. Stringer killed his nephew and was trifling with the Barksdale name and even then Avon was trying to spare him. Not to mention it was a forced move anyway cause Mouzzone would've killed or tortured Avon to get to Stringer and would've found Stringer eventually. You saying you would've done different?

to answer your question no i is not crazy fam and you dont have to tell me what happened. i watched every season
laugh.gif
. Dont try to bring up the whole d'angelo situation because he been"let" string slide for that. it was avon's sister that still had the problem and eventually fell out w/him. Even after string roughed him up hestill didnt want no problems. I doubt very seriously anybody from lo's crew wouldve even thought about tryin somethin like that but thats way besides thepoint. Dont quote me on this but didnt 'lo take ove the co-op too? Anyway again thats way besides the point. Imo theres no way you should give/set up yourboi like that in any scenario. Im not feelin the forced move thing, he was jus scared of the consequences. I mean they tortured, beat and killed omar's boiin season 1 or 2 and did dude give up his boyfriend? NO! So im not hearin it
he peeped the cops tailin' him, took 'em for a little spin, and drove back around only to waive his finger at 'em.
yea that was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But at that point String was no longer "his boy"

U already saw the contempt he had for him "playin them away games"

between tryin to get Slim to Pop Senator davis, orderin D's death, givin up half the towers to get in on the co-op, and worryin about "legitbidness" String and Avon were no longer Boys.
String was trying to change up *!$# and Avon wanted no parts, he wanted his "corners"

String brought all that on himself wit Brother Mouzone

also, Mouzone would have DEADED all of Avons dope Connects in NY.
It was Business, he had to make that move to give up String and all of Strings actions prior to, made that decision a No Brainer

infamousod wrote:

Pmighty wrote:

jimmybeanz wrote:

Pmighty wrote:

Marlo beat the system

is you crazy? Stringer had D'Angelo killed and went around Avon's back to have Omar kill Mouzzone. Stringer killed his nephew and was trifling with the Barksdale name and even then Avon was trying to spare him. Not to mention it was a forced move anyway cause Mouzzone would've killed or tortured Avon to get to Stringer and would've found Stringer eventually. You saying you would've done different?

to answer your question�no i is not crazy fam and you dont have to tell me what happened. i watched every season
laugh.gif
.�Dont try to bring up the whole�d'angelo situation�because he been "let"�string slide for that. it was avon's sister that still had the problem and eventually fell out w/him.�Even after string roughed him up he still didnt want no problems. I doubt�very seriously anybody from lo's crew wouldve even thought about tryin somethin like that but thats way besides the point.�Dont quote me on this but didnt 'lo take ove the co-op too? Anyway again thats way besides the point. Imo�theres no way you should give/set up your boi like that�in any scenario.�Im not feelin the forced�move thing,�he was jus scared of the consequences. I mean they tortured, beat and killed�omar's boi in season 1 or 2 and did dude give up his boyfriend? NO!�So im not hearin it�

he peeped the cops tailin' him, took 'em for a little spin, and drove back around only to waive his finger at 'em.
yea that was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you can't assume Avon had forgiven Stringer or given him a pass for killing D. he might've let it slide and not gone all wild over it, maybe evenrealized it was for the best, but something like that doesn't just go away, D was family. Plus, like I said, Avon already knew Stringer was willing to gobehind his back since he did twice (with D and with trying to kill Mouzzone). That whole relationship changed in an instant, Avon knew Stringer was capable,nay, accustomed to going behind his back and doing this like, oh I don't know, snitching to the police to get him locked up. He might not have known whatit was but Avon knew Stringer and him would never be the same again.

Since when is Avon afraid of consequences? You got that part all wrong.

You don't buy it, pssh. All you doing is backpedaling cause I messed up your logic about never giving up your boy.

and I'm outtie 5000!

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Avon relied on his family's name while Marlo created his own
avon was always talking about how he fought for the towers

not seeing where this is coming from

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bey> every single person in Marlo's crew

That dude
pimp.gif

infamousod wrote:

infamousod wrote:

Pmighty wrote:

jimmybeanz wrote:

Pmighty wrote:

Marlo beat the system

to answer your question�no i is not crazy fam and you dont have to tell me what happened. i watched every season
laugh.gif
.�Dont try to bring up the whole�d'angelo situation�because he been "let"�string slide for that. it was avon's sister that still had the problem and eventually fell out w/him.�Even after string roughed him up he still didnt want no problems. I doubt�very seriously anybody from lo's crew wouldve even thought about tryin somethin like that but thats way besides the point.�Dont quote me on this but didnt 'lo take ove the co-op too? Anyway again thats way besides the point. Imo�theres no way you should give/set up your boi like that�in any scenario.�Im not feelin the forced�move thing,�he was jus scared of the consequences. I mean they tortured, beat and killed�omar's boi in season 1 or 2 and did dude give up his boyfriend? NO!�So im not hearin it�

yea that was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you can't assume Avon had forgiven Stringer or given him a pass for killing D. he might've let it slide and not gone all wild over it, maybe even realized it was for the best, but something like that doesn't just go away, D was family. Plus, like I said, Avon already knew Stringer was willing to go behind his back since he did twice (with D and with trying to kill Mouzzone). That whole relationship changed in an instant, Avon knew Stringer was capable, nay, accustomed to going behind his back and doing this like, oh I don't know, snitching to the police to get him locked up. He might not have known what it was but Avon knew Stringer and him would never be the same again.

You don't buy it, pssh. All you doing is backpedaling cause I messed up your logic about never giving up your boy.

why you keep bringin up dangelo is beyond me. that had little to do w/his final decision to do what he did

naw i dont think i do. i think he wouldve gave dude up no matter what the situation was
but this
String brought all that on himself wit Brother Mouzone
and this
also, Mouzone would have DEADED all of Avons dope Connects in NY.
It was Business, he had to make that move to give up String
are valid points tho
that bs you talkin.....not so much
All you doing is backpedaling cause I messed up your logic about never giving up your boy.
#%* are you talkin about
grin.gif
? how am i backpedaling and how didyou mess up my logic?

I prefer Avon, at least Avon had ethics and a code ... He lasted on top for such a long time for a reason ...

Marlo on the otherhand wouldn't have lasted long, his reign would have been taken over by the next Marlo shortly after ... it's lucky he got out beforethat happened.

Originally Posted by 36hypno

Originally Posted by infamousod

Marlo didn't beat the system, he got lucky that his case was tainted and was let off. Avon took the one charge and got out in no time and then was set up by his partner, police really only caught him the once.

Truth is they both tore up Baltimore looking for Omar, luckily Kenard took care of that for Marlo (otherwise there would've been trouble). They both had trouble putting business ahead of that gangster stuff but Avon was somewhat more willing to listen. And as far as business in Baltimore and abroad, Avon was respected, Marlo was feared.

In reality they were very similar except for that and their home life/party life.

Agreed
Marlo had no real ties to family which made his circumstances different from Avon's. They were both the same charcter in reality. They were savage cold blooded gangsters with a level headed right hand (String/Chris). The only reason Avon fell (the second time anyway) was because he was dealing with is equal in Marlo, betrayel, as well as all the issues he had before. Marlo was undisputed when his empire fell. I think their circumstances kind of defined them but they were indeed the same. Both had to have the crown and their corners.

Originally Posted by Blai213

I prefer Avon, at least Avon had ethics and a code ... He lasted on top for such a long time for a reason ...

Marlo on the otherhand wouldn't have lasted long, his reign would have been taken over by the next Marlo shortly after ... it's lucky he got out before that happened.
This.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Whoa whoa whoa, I don't know what this one.
I just wanted to throw that in...

Imma say avon just because the cops had broken up his crew giving marlo a chance to make his move. Avon was giving marlo a run for his money in season three,and this is with lil man dead, stinkem dead, webay and bird in the bing, and avon having to outsource talent from out of town. That's why i think marlogave up the crown at the end. He had no chris, snoop, monk or micheal to hold him down. Any dude wanting to make a name for himself would've made a run athim.

And in the end slim charles had the connect, and he was a barksdale soldier.

Back
Top Bottom