The Wire...

Bunny couldn't have Hamsterdam if he was the commissioner, city hall wouldn't allow it.

"You want things to be one way... One Way... You Want Things To Be One Way. BUT ITS THE OTHER WAY"

pimp.gif
smh.gif
@ the realness of that quote

I'm going back through season 4 as we speak....

This might be the realest out of the 5 to me just because I can relate to those kids so much more than anything else in the series.

I tried to watch the Sopranos after the Wire. I couldn't make it past the 5th episode.

My team in order.

Stringer - Unparalleled leadership
Slim Charles - Goto guy
Brother Muzone - Pressure game is un-matched.
Chris and Michael - They do work son.
Boadie - Can run a corner like no other.
Omar - On call as needed.

the sopranos became a cartoon after 3 seasons, get the #*#% outa here...

plus the wire ending is PERFECT.

the writers didn't even have the balls to kill tony soprano or at least wrap up his character. NOOOBODY thought Omar would go out like that. It's better off that alone.
The wire acting is bad?
laugh.gif
that's why mcnulty landed a bunch of movies and daniels had roles in good shows like fringe and lost.

the guy who plays bubbles is also GREAT.

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'ma flip it around, just cause I know everyone loves Street %+%# and all...but if you had to make a cop lineup, who y'all choosing?

Police Commisioner: Bunny Colvin
Lieutenant's: Freeman, Daniels, Carver
Detectives:McNulty, Bunk, Kima
Dolja: Dozerman, Brown
All you need
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

That dude was a savage. Personally I'd choose Daniels.

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Personally, I think The Wire is the GOAT television show. Superb writing, in depth character development and authenticity.

Plus it left no question unanswered like the Sopranos did
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

some of you guys in here are hilarious....

the wire is NO WHERE CLOSE TO SOPRANOS.... SOPRANOS is one of the best tv shows created EVER...

i watched the wire from pilot to last episode...it had its moments, it was good enough obviously for me to watch the whole thing...but some of you guys are getting carried away...

half you dudes probably think cam'rons movie shoulda won an oscar...

so many things that piss me off in the wire...the over-acted gangsterism is probably the most annoying...the forced 'yo-yo' gangster life is so horribly acted

then they try to balance it out with some weak greek gangsters...their attempt at trying to be soprano-@@+ in season 2 is laughable...

acting wise the wire is really bad...its because it was really low budget and most of the actors are just plainly not good

Seinfeld, curb your enthusiasm (although different genres), sopranos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the wire

having burst some y'all bubbles....

stringer, avon, and slim are probably some of my fav characters, along with mcnulty and that fat detective whose always laughing
laugh.gif

the Wire has a couple really bad actors that are seen from time to time like the heavyset lady who works at the school and introduces Prez and a couple others scattered here and there. Still, for being such a huge ensemble cast the acting is tip top. You have to respect that the creators didn't want any known stars because that would have taken attention away from the story. A former mayor, former drug kingpin and a ton of former drugdealers and cops are actually in the cast of the show. Plus the creators and writers have years of experience in homicide, newsroom, teaching and everything else in the story.

The Wire had a message. The Wire was authentic. The Wire was so deep that it's unfair to compare anything else to it.

Season 2 separates the people who watch for the shoot em up gangster street action and those who actually get it.

I don't want to take anything away from the Sopranos, but at the end of the day it's a show about a man with two families. The Wire is about America, and you'd need to watch it about 5 times all the way through to start to see it.

I just finished rewatching the Season 1 finale today.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 @ Wee Bey eating all those murder charges like it's nothing in exchange for some more "tater" salad.

McNulty to Stringer Bell @ the beginning of the season: "Nicely done."

Stringer to McNulty @ the end of the season: "Nicely done."

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

NOOOBODY thought Omar would go out like that. It's better off that alone.
The wire acting is bad?
laugh.gif
that's why mcnulty landed a bunch of movies and daniels had roles in good shows like fringe and lost.

Yeah the way Omar went out was the most surprising, unexpected death of any TV character I've seen. But it fit the story so perfectly.

And the acting on The Wire was great. Most of the characters were believable, which is all you can ask for.

Originally Posted by 18key

The wire acting is bad?
laugh.gif

Yeah the way Omar went out was the most surprising, unexpected death of any TV character I've seen. But it fit the story so perfectly.

And the acting on The Wire was great. Most of the characters were believable, which is all you can ask for.

Andre Royo (Bubbles) gave the most under-appreciated performance probably ever.

Omar's death was foreshadowed, he was a Shakespearean tragedy type character, but it was also about the streets just like with Stringer (which was really more "surprising" cause he was probably the most popular character on the show at the time and the show wasn't ending yet, no other show would kill such a popular character just like that), anyone can get it at anytime.

literal foreshadowing:
Kenard at least twice overtly showing he's not scared of him
Season 4 - Omar at Michael "he's just a kid"
there's more underlying stuff too.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by 18key

The wire acting is bad?
laugh.gif

Andre Royo (Bubbles) gave the most under-appreciated performance probably ever.

Omar's death was foreshadowed, he was a Shakespearean tragedy type character, but it was also about the streets just like with Stringer (which was really more "surprising" cause he was probably the most popular character on the show at the time and the show wasn't ending yet, no other show would kill such a popular character just like that), anyone can get it at anytime.

literal foreshadowing:
Kenard at least twice overtly showing he's not scared of him
Season 4 - Omar at Michael "he's just a kid"
there's more underlying stuff too.
Yeah Bubbles was one of my favorite characters. The actor was amazing throughout the series.
And Omar surprised me because I knew he was gonna die, just not like that. I figured he'd die in a climactic setting, with a build up, instead of Kenard creeping on him in a damn corner store.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Omar ain't really dead. Michael became the new Omar.
I get what you're saying.  Kinda like Dookie was becoming the next Bubbles.  

a lot of what happens with the wire is people 'reading in' too many conclusions and themes into a show...

in depth this in depth that....at the end of the day anything can be analyzed anyway...and just because one person analyzes it one way and another doesn't...does not necessarily mean that that person missed the 'point' of the show...

a lot of people in here are 'reading in' themes into the show, and trying to justify that its what made the show 'the greatest of all time'...

at the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and their own lifestyle, which allows for certain shows to be more appealing than others...

and the acting is NOT good in the wire...

some of the better actors are stringer, mcnulty, avon, brother mouzone and omar, and the greek's seocnd hand man if orgot his chracters name

the rest of the 'crews' and ghetto gangsters are not good actors...pick people off the street and could do the same job

a lot of what happens with the wire is people 'reading in' too many conclusions and themes into a show...

in depth this in depth that....at the end of the day anything can be analyzed anyway...and just because one person analyzes it one way and another doesn't...does not necessarily mean that that person missed the 'point' of the show...

a lot of people in here are 'reading in' themes into the show, and trying to justify that its what made the show 'the greatest of all time'...

at the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and their own lifestyle, which allows for certain shows to be more appealing than others...

some of the better actors are stringer, mcnulty, avon, brother mouzone and omar, and the greek's seocnd hand man if orgot his chracters name

the rest of the 'crews' and ghetto gangsters are not good actors...pick people off the street and could do the same job
False.  You don't know what you're talking about.     

u know they basically did that rite?

laugh.gif
comments like this negate anything important or intelligent you could've possibly had to say.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

laugh.gif
comments like this negate anything important or intelligent you could've possibly had to say.
way over your head buddy boy...

at the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and their ownlifestyle, which allows for certain shows to be more appealing thanothers...

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

laugh.gif
way over your head buddy boy...

at the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and their ownlifestyle, which allows for certain shows to be more appealing thanothers...

very diplomatic. however, u stating that "the rest of the 'crews' and ghetto gangsters are not good actors...pick people off the street and could do the same job" shows that you dont know what the hell ur talking about.

Back
Top Bottom