The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt ===== In Stores Now (PS4, PC, XB1)

So after seeing videos and reading the reviews I decided to purchase a PS4, this game with the strategy guide..and also picked up a copy of bloodborne (not played yet)

I was long overdue for a next gen console since my PS3 is used primarily for blu rays..I also have not played any RPG games on the PS3..I have been playing FF12 off and on for years with so many hours clocked in (newer games never really caught my attention..someone lent me Dragon Age but never played and since I quit on the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion..I did not want to play Skyrim)

But about this game..

This will easily take 200+ hours to complete..there are an unlimited number of quests to complete..the worlds are massive..I explore almost every area and defeat all of the monsters and want to find loot..I know I don't have to do that but being the completionist that I am I must uncover all of the places of power and destroy all of the monster nests..the quests are fun..some are wierd..but I dont get annoyed at all doing them

I like using the crossbow for food (just got it still in the beginning)

Things that I'm not really a fan of is there isn't really a lucrative way to earn crowns and also..when I'm in close corridors..the controls go crazy sometimes..

But so far I'm liking it and have been playing it a lot

Last edited:
This game is the first in a long time that really makes me wonder how much better the game could have been on PC.

Most of the time I don't care about the graphical fidelity, as long as the story is good, but man....sometimes while playing TW3 on PS4, the frame rate drops considerably...In crookback bog when there are all kinds of weather effects going on its considerably noticeable.

This game is the first in a long time that really makes me wonder how much better the game could have been on PC.

Most of the time I don't care about the graphical fidelity, as long as the story is good, but man....sometimes while playing TW3 on PS4, the frame rate drops considerably...In crookback bog when there are all kinds of weather effects going on its considerably noticeable.
brah it looks so good on PC. I got the settings on high and in 1080p, simply gorgeous

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WTI3SGO/?tag=niketalk0e-20

I don't play games on a computer but for you pc gamers how easy is it to do combat stuff on a keyboard and mouse?

Level 12, How sway? I'm level 5 going on 6 about to fight that monster baby.

Not sure really.  Honestly once I got to Velen I started leveling like crazy.  Pretty much just tried to do all the quests from lowest level to highest and I was like level 10 by the time I was doing the Baron's quest with the Botchling.

Finished the Botchling quest and found his daughter.... still at lvl 6. I'm slacking hard.

Yeah I saved the blotchling and swam to see his daughter. Right now I'm underleveled and trying to fight the Wild Hunt guy with the Axe. Can't wait til I get home *sigh* another 6 days away...

To echo what others have said, once you get out of White Orchard, the game does open up quite a bit.

Sharing a war story; I was surrounded by some bandits on their horses. I though I was doomed. Then I hit em with Aard, knocked them off their horses and put a sword through their heart for an instant kill :pimp:

Also, that first time when you slice off a limb or head :pimp:

To echo what others have said, once you get out of White Orchard, the game does open up quite a bit.

Sharing a war story; I was surrounded by some bandits on their horses. I though I was doomed. Then I hit em with Aard, knocked them off their horses and put a sword through their heart for an instant kill
pimp.gif

Also, that first time when you slice off a limb or head
pimp.gif
Or when you're rolling around on horseback slicing all the guys you come across in half.
pimp.gif

Sharing a war story; I was surrounded by some bandits on their horses. I though I was doomed. Then I hit em with Aard, knocked them off their horses and put a sword through their heart for an instant kill :pimp:

Also, that first time when you slice off a limb or head :pimp:

Ran into those guys too, was on my horse tho and just kept trying to fight them that way :lol: killed 2 before I got off and hit them with a shot of igni took them straight off

Last edited:
Played the game for about 4 hours. Overall I like it so far. Did several contract missions and will proceed with the main story a little later. The contract mission where you have to help the guy and his Dog locate his brother was pretty good in terms finding some loot for money. I picked up all the rusted swords and axes from the dead and took them to the blacksmith and used the sharpening wheel to automatically repair them for free. Then offloaded them to that merchant you meet at the beginning of the game. :pimp:

quick question, can i play this game having never played the previous 2? or should i read some backstory online?

quick question, can i play this game having never played the previous 2? or should i read some backstory online?
You can play this without playing the previous 2. They make some references here and there, but its about some miniscule things like a monster. You can look up the monster in the glossary in game to get info on it.

You don't need to have played them, but I'd recommend reading/watching a little if the story is important to you.  This might help a little:

They definitely took into consideration that neither of the other Witcher games were on Playstation so a large portion of the audience wouldn't be familiar with the story, but they do a good job of explaining throughout the game.  That being said I still find myself reading up on the backstory as I go along just because I want to find out more.

You don't need to have played them, but I'd recommend reading/watching a little if the story is important to you.  This might help a little:

They definitely took into consideration that neither of the other Witcher games were on Playstation so a large portion of the audience wouldn't be familiar with the story, but they do a good job of explaining throughout the game.  That being said I still find myself reading up on the backstory as I go along just because I want to find out more.

You can play this without playing the previous 2. They make some references here and there, but its about some miniscule things like a monster. You can look up the monster in the glossary in game to get info on it.

awesome thanks bros...vid watched. will be copping along with arkham knight. giving my xbx1 some new life

Back
Top Bottom