The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt ===== In Stores Now (PS4, PC, XB1)

Not familiar with it either. If it's like gwent maybe I will

nah, Hearthstone is an actual online card-battle game made by Blizzard
I've been curious how it works, considering buying better cards is part of the game. How do they find fair match-ups, or do they just let people who don't wanna spend $$$ suffer

I've been leveling up a lot the past week. Sort of like the pokemon strategy where I will fight the random enemies I find just wandering around most of the time. Also doing a lot of the witcher contracts and treasure hunts helps in getting exp points and good armor. I think I have less than undiscovered areas left on the first map.

I've seen a lot of talk about Gwent, is it worthwhile to learn and invest time in to get good at?
Also, is there a "best" way to level up and get XP? I don't want to advance the story too much right off the bat, wanna get my guy built up a little

Gwent isn't really important to the game, except for one or two side missions. So whether its worth the time to learn is more up to you and whether you enjoy playing Gwent. The best rewards from playing are typically rare Gwent cards. So your only incentive to play Gwent… is to play more Gwent
I had a lot of fun with it, but I can also see why some people completely skipped it.

I think the most efficient way to level up is to complete missions. Theres very little XP doled out for killing random bandits and small monsters

As long as they add a way to sort your inventory by weight I'll be happy.

One thing you gotta appreciate from CDPR is that they don't take long to fix bugs.

Last edited:
Seriously love this game... put in almost 10 hours in the last 2 days.

The 2nd level shield is SO damn useful in the White Frost mission.

Just finished the game a couple of days ago...got a crappy ending. Couldn't abide that (not after like 150 hours played)...had to load up a save from about 20 hours before and retread some old missions to see if I could correct it.

Last edited:
Just finished the game a couple of days ago...got a crappy ending. Couldn't abide that (not after like 150 hours played)...had to load up a save from about 20 hours before and retread some old missions to see if I could correct it.

Which ending did you get ?

Which ending did you get ?
It's the one where Ciri enters the tower to end the white frost, and presumably dies. Geralt comes back for the last Crone, in order to get back Vesemir's wolf pendant, Ciri's memento of him that she lost when fighting the Crones. He succeeds in killing her, and then rummages through the Crone's stuff in crookback bog, furiously throwing **** around until he finally finds the pendant. Dejected and distraught, he sits down on a bench holding the pendant...The camera pans out...out of the door of the Crones house, and you see monsters begin to crawl in from the roof and every other angle toward Geralt while he just sits there. Fade to black. Game over.

Seriously love this game... put in almost 10 hours in the last 2 days.

The 2nd level shield is SO damn useful in the White Frost mission.
Probably the best upgrade overall IMO.  Can't imagine playing without it.

Some of these gwent players are so damn annoying. Was playing that shopkeeper in the king of beggar's area and dude had some crazy monster card deck. Close combat cards that would automatically put down all the cards with the same name in the deck. bish was scoring over a 100 in the final round. Wanted to kill that merchant.

I still wish we could murder some of these gwent players. I was up by almost 20 points in the last round and my opponent only had 2 cards left. This mofo has a damn spy card and gets 2 more cards and somehow wins. Had me throwing bombs at him wanting him to die.

For those that have completed the game, are most of the Side Quests & Witcher Contracts still available after you've beat the game? I would imagine that there are some that can only be done before advancing forward with the Main Quest.

For those that have completed the game, are most of the Side Quests & Witcher Contracts still available after you've beat the game? I would imagine that there are some that can only be done before advancing forward with the Main Quest.

I haven't beat the game, so you should still double check with someone else.
But from what I read in reviews, when you beat the game you return to your last save and can continue any side quest/contracts as though the game is still unfinished.
So you aren't locked out of any content, but theres no post-game world

I still wish we could murder some of these gwent players. I was up by almost 20 points in the last round and my opponent only had 2 cards left. This mofo has a damn spy card and gets 2 more cards and somehow wins. Had me throwing bombs at him wanting him to die.

Lmao! Remind me of the time I played the last guy with the monster deck in Velen. Homie jumped up from 25 to 100 in one round smh.

Last edited:
Yeah these monster decks are way too strong. Characters with them usually have the cards where cards of the same name from the deck will automatically be played. They put one card down and rack up 20-30 points.

My gwent deck is trash and I suck at it but I love gwent still :lol:

This is my game of the year even after playing Batman.

Back
Top Bottom