The world is ******ed... What does work ethic have to do wit credit history?!

i just closed outta like 3 different apps cuz they all do credit and background checks... the background check i completely understand but if i have crappycredit i cant get a++**@@+ job? what type of !!++ is that? how do they expect someones credit to get better if they cant get a++**@@+ job?! i give up... i needsome weed...

laugh.gif
maybe the weed is what got you in this mess in the first place fam

It has everything to do with work ethic.

Credit report is a estimating how likely you are to pay your bills on time.

It shows they you are responsible and smart enough to manage your money the right way.

Is it fair? Not really... but what in life is?

I know some companies do credit checks for their management positions (like UPS) because I guess it's an indicator of how responsible you are with yourfinances and what not. It makes sense to do this in positions where you are going to wield a lot of power and responsibility, but I don't think it's adeal breaker as long as you have great skill sets.

I don't really understand this either, and its the first I'm ever hearing of it.

Why should a job run a credit check on you? They are not lending you any money? This practice strikes me as preposterous.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

it also show whether you're more likely to take bribes or not...

bribes? from who? for what? this was a radioshack app...
ohwell.gif
that's what an officer told me when i was working at a police station...i guess it doesn't apply if you're gonna work at radioshack...

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

I don't really understand this either, and its the first I'm ever hearing of it.

Why should a job run a credit check on you? They are not lending you any money? This practice strikes me as preposterous.

or prejudice...

it also show whether you're more likely to take bribes or not...

bribes? from who? for what? this was a radioshack app...
ohwell.gif
that's what an officer told me when i was working at a police station...i guess it doesn't apply if you're gonna work at radioshack...

opposite ends of the spectrum but hey an answers an answer right.

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

My father told me they do that because alot of people with bad credit are shady and end up stealing

makes sense... but what a world we live in when people judge ur morals based on ur credit...
like people wit good credit cant/dont steal...

plus ur better off stealing as a customer... ive seen lowes get hit for thousands of dollars worth of *$!$ by one person... dude was back in there the nextweek doin the same *$!$... they cant do nothin unless they catch em n the act...

but the last thing i would worry about is employee theft... especially in radio shack of off places... store is like 30 x 30... im pretty sure cameras coverevery inch of the joint... but im no theif... ah well i might as well put the app in right? i need a job bad...

also why havent i been to sleep yet? its 7:30!

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

My father told me they do that because alot of people with bad credit are shady and end up stealing

makes sense... but what a world we live in when people judge ur morals based on ur credit...
like people wit good credit cant/dont steal...

plus ur better off stealing as a customer... ive seen lowes get hit for thousands of dollars worth of *$!$ by one person... dude was back in there the next week doin the same *$!$... they cant do nothin unless they catch em n the act...

but the last thing i would worry about is employee theft... especially in radio shack of off places... store is like 30 x 30... im pretty sure cameras cover every inch of the joint... but im no theif... ah well i might as well put the app in right? i need a job bad...

also why havent i been to sleep yet? its 7:30!

Yea fill out the app anyway..you never know..goodluck

I think a credit report is a good measurement of your decision making skills. For example, you get a credit card, and you decide to purchase things that youcan not pay for. End result, you now have a negative on your credit report. Now how responsible were you? Not much at all.

However, I understand where you're coming from also. How can you fix your credit if you can't even get a job to save up money and show that you'reresponsible? I guess you just gotta start small and work your way up.

Originally Posted by TCW 96

It has everything to do with work ethic.

Credit report is a estimating how likely you are to pay your bills on time.

It shows they you are responsible and smart enough to manage your money the right way.

Is it fair? Not really... but what in life is?
Listen to this gump

I feel you, I didn't believe this at first but I guess now I gotta get my credit up
smh.gif

I don't manage money that well but I bet you I'll be at work when im scheduled...that's all that matters rite? Should be..

actually it does matter (working anywhere) because you are still able to accept cash and charge a customer less, basically a bribe

If people only knew how these credit rating companies worked and how many mistakes they make.

Back
Top Bottom