The year was 1971.. how did they film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

^^ Same here. In my 27 years, I've seen this movie over 20 times. Mike Teevee was my favorite character.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

we landed on the moon gais

yea but gotta still give props to their talent 
pimp.gif

forreal, i was watching lakers against blazers on nbatv today from 1970's and i couldn't tell who was who. it's amazing what they did with the tech at the time.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

What about Metropolis, filmed 1927 and still looks futuristic
QFT, I don't think any other film at all can compare in terms of the special effects and the technological limitations that existed at the time of filmmaking, simply masterful.

THE WIZ was amazing too 1978 and it has to be one of the best longest movies i know, im not even joking.

LOL, 1971 is nothing significantly old. King Kong was filmed 30 years earlier and had many breakthroughs in the special effects category.

Filmmakers were way more resourceful back then. These days, they just CGI everything that looks even somewhat of a challenge.

my kids love watching the old school willy wonka, i even bought the soundtrack and we listen and sing it in the car

they don't make movies like that anymore, too bad.

Kids love mary poppins too.

funny thing, back in those days, Augustus Gloop was FAT, but nowadays because of all the obesity, he just looks a little chubby. by today's standards.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

my kids love watching the old school willy wonka, i even bought the soundtrack and we listen and sing it in the car

they don't make movies like that anymore, too bad.

Kids love mary poppins too.

funny thing, back in those days, Augustus Gloop was FAT, but nowadays because of all the obesity, he just looks a little chubby. by today's standards.
laugh.gif
that's real.

grandpa joe was a #$%^&* bum. he was "too sick" too work, and had the rest of the family damb near slaving. then all of a sudden charlie gets the golden ticket and grandpa joe hops out the bed singing and dancing ready to go? *###%. i woulda smacked the #$%^& outta that old man

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

You make like 1971 was the Stone Age.

Brush up on some film history. You'll be surprised.
I'm lost on this thread. Talked up the movie like it had crazy special effects. Nothing in it was shocking as far as visuals.

Originally Posted by do work son

grandpa joe was a #$%^&* bum. he was "too sick" too work, and had the rest of the family damb near slaving. then all of a sudden charlie gets the golden ticket and grandpa joe hops out the bed singing and dancing ready to go? *###%. i woulda smacked the #$%^& outta that old man
word. They sleeping 4 to a bed and joint then dude hears about chocolate and starts dancing

Apparently Roald Dahl (the author of the original novel) hated the movie and disowned it
laugh.gif

Had no idea that was charlies only acting job or that Dahl hated the movie. It's a classic at any age. I still try to eat chocolate like Charlie did when he got that on long chocolate bar that was pre-cut into squares. He made it look so good and I always try re-create that lol

Back
Top Bottom