THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smh looks like nike reached out to mike scott, the nba or sixers org.. Said it was too unprofessional

No more headband allowed he said

Headtie as he called them

I think people take the whole IG trainer / dribbling thing way out of context and it a way people out themselves.

Trainers goals are not to make someone an elite ball handler. That ****'s natural and if you'll only get marginally better at it by the time you hit the NBA.

The goal when you see trainers put guys through dribbling drills is to expose them to the gray areas of basketball, improving their instincts so they're comfortable in uncomfortable situations.

This.

Its like a jam session for a musician

I think people take the whole IG trainer / dribbling thing way out of context and it a way people out themselves.

Trainers goals are not to make someone an elite ball handler. That ****'s natural and if you'll only get marginally better at it by the time you hit the NBA.

The goal when you see trainers put guys through dribbling drills is to expose them to the gray areas of basketball, improving their instincts so they're comfortable in uncomfortable situations.

Swear I was drafting the same post damn near verbatim.

"Workout (Social Media) Culture" has opened something as miniscule as training up to a new world of scrutiny. ****** are OD'ing on multiple fronts and are so bored during the summer, it's just become something else to keep people talking hoops until the season starts. If Instagram didn't exist...and the "trainer" didn't become a new type of athlete celebrity...we wouldn't be having any of these conversations right now.

This is terrible, terrible advice.

Yeah once you get into the NBA and you have to find your way to stick, you morph into what you become, for Danny it was a 3 and D guy.

But it's not like Danny can't or never worked on his handle. Everyone does.

Danny wouldn't have made it to UNC let alone the NBA if he couldn't put it on the floor.

It’s just a straight up stupid way to look at things. It’s like telling someone not to practice on shooting because Rondo made x amount and won a championship without being a good shooter.

Swear I was drafting the same post damn near verbatim.

"Workout (Social Media) Culture" has opened something as miniscule as training up to a new world of scrutiny. *****s are OD'ing on multiple fronts and are so bored during the summer, it's just become something else to keep people talking hoops until the season starts. If Instagram didn't exist...and the "trainer" didn't become a new type of athlete celebrity...we wouldn't be having any of these conversations right now.

So you guys are trying to tell me that professional basketball trainers don’t just make hop-less 12 year old practice their FT line lay-up packages, throw tennis balls at guys while shooting and make dudes dribble tow balls while sliding backwards underneath hurdles?

And that perhaps my perception of that field has been skewed by what gets posted most on social media?

No way...

This is terrible, terrible advice.

Yeah once you get into the NBA and you have to find your way to stick, you morph into what you become, for Danny it was a 3 and D guy.

But it's not like Danny can't or never worked on his handle. Everyone does.

Danny wouldn't have made it to UNC let alone the NBA if he couldn't put it on the floor.

1. Lol Danny still can't put it on the floor.

2. No one is saying 14 year olds should be practicing to become 3 and D guys. I just assumed he was talking about young NBA players.

1. Lol Danny still can't put it on the floor.

2. No one is saying 14 year olds should be practicing to become 3 and D guys. I just assumed he was talking about young NBA players.

Are a lot of young NBA players posting their “three move combos against air” on IG? That comment made me feel like he’s talking to non-NBA guys.

I dunno bro. Kobe and Bron NEVER really had a chance. Think about Jordans and what they've meant culturally...what it did for Nike. Social media and technology hasn't allowed ANY of these *****s to amass THAT level of influence since. Nike keep putting out the same retros...and it's kids that didn't even see that ***** play who are going to buy them. Nobody really gives a **** about the Lebron shoes. They don't "mean" anything. And again...I don't think that's his fault....I just don't think it can be done again. I don't WE will see it. I'd guestimate it's more likely to happen in at least 50 years than within the next 25.

Theres a huge factor as well that goes into the shoes at least when we're talking about these 3 guys. MJ had simple colorways and there were a few different options and all of them were made available to the public. Kobe's were somewhat the same until the whole "Player Exclusive" side of Nike had a huge growth just as social media started to get traction as now exclusives of the past were able to be seen. LeBron is now the victim of this growth and almost all of his shoes are PE's that he actually does and achieves things on the court with. In return, fans of his can't buy his shoes because the ones available are just random colors with no significance ties to the athlete.

Surely, nothing can go wrong here.

upload_2019-9-7_5-28-18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom