THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do other fans care so much about the lakers? moreso than their own got damn teams?!

Because of their success. In every sport, teams that have had the most success get a ton of hate, as well as a ton of love. See the Pats, Yankees, etc.

That's why it's crazy to me Laker fans care this much about the Clippers.

Still have yet to see 1 Clippers fan (here on nt) make an excuse for losing

This thread will have folks thinking the Clippers are 13-27 and not 27-13

Losing a road game to a top Western conference team is not a 5 alarm fire.

Lakers fans on nt would rather see the Clippers and Celtics lose, than see the Lakers win. Crabs in a bucket mentality. Relax Lakers fans, you're not the worse team in the NBA like the last 6 years anymore. You're a good team again, finally.

Last edited:
Something, something, something, these regular-season games don't matter to the Clippers, something, something, Clippers are saving it for the playoffs, something.

In all seriousness though, the Clippers just cruising through the regular season and acting like they're the Warriors or Shaq/Kobe Lakers is bizarre to me. They're acting like they're some well-oiled machine and have multiple championships under the belt and can just turn it on when they want. The basketball intelligensia just giving them a pass and just assuming they're going at half speed is annoying

Kawhi is the only player that has champhionship experience (Doc obviously has experience coaching).They haven't won s*** together. If they cruise through the regular season and get bounced in the 2nd round, it'll be hilarious. Would they be big favorites against (for example) Houston or Denver in the secound round? Are we just assuming some new, completely dominant team is gonna show up in come playoff time?

Even if they are merely cruising through the regular season and saving it all for the playoffs, I really don't get this approach from a purely practical point of view. They're "saving" Kawhi for the playoffs, when they might face a 4th or 5th seed opponent in the first round and not a 7th or 8th seed. I mean, wouldn't it be wiser to face an opponent you could beat in 4 or 5 and save Kawhi some more playoff games, which are more physical, than face an opponent they might have to beat in 6 or 7 games?

Even if they are merely cruising through the regular season and saving it all for the playoffs, I really don't get this approach from a purely practical point of view. They're "saving" Kawhi for the playoffs, when they might face a 4th or 5th seed opponent in the first round and not a 7th or 8th seed. I mean, wouldn't it be wiser to face an opponent you could beat in 4 or 5 and save Kawhi some more playoff games, which are more physical, than face an opponent they might have to beat in 6 or 7 games?
Who said the Clippers are "saving" anything for the playoffs? This is another narrative that this thread has run with.

It's simple: kawhi isn't playing back to backs and injuries have been injuries. PG, Beverly, shamet, green have all missed significant time.

Wins are wins, losses are losses. No excuses.

I haven't heard/seen one person in the organization or one fan here say "the Clippers are cruising thru the season and saving it for the playoffs."

Who said the Clippers are "saving" anything for the playoffs? This is another narrative that this thread has run with.

It's simple: kawhi isn't playing back to backs and injuries have been injuries. PG, Beverly, shamet, green have all missed significant time.

Wins are wins, losses are losses. No excuses.

I haven't heard/seen one person in the organization or one fan here say "the Clippers are cruising thru the season and saving it for the playoffs."

It's just the Lakers fans talking to themselves. :lol:

*Clippers Lose*
1st Laker fan: Man if LeBron lost a game like this then the thread would be in shambles
2nd Laker fan: LOL yeah the Clippers are forever irrelevant little brother!
1st Laker fan: HAHA LaKeShoW more important than Clippers even when they were lottery bound

Add a couple more exchanges

Clippers Fan: I didn't expect to go undefeated
2nd Laker fan: OmGz Clipper fans are so sensitive and always making excuses

Rinse. Cycle. Repeat

The Clippers really think they can BS through the season, play hard great against certain teams then flip some switch in the playoffs. On a team with new players at that.

Kawhi winning that chip for the Raps got people thinking you don't need chemistry.

That has to be the biggest concern for them, all that talk of this team took the Warriors to 6 and just added two top 10 players seems like it was adopted by them.

As if adding two stars who are both use to being #1 options doesn't severely change a team. Chemistry is a lil harder to build especially when one of PG or Kawhi is sitting out throughout the season. Less reps, less close game situations etc etc those are the small things that get gained in the regular season for championship teams.

Who said the Clippers are "saving" anything for the playoffs?

What do you mean by "who said"? You mean that as if you didn't say that, or that nobody said that?

If it's the latter, then dude, please don't make me dig through this thread and make you look like a fool. I can assure you that there are TON of replies here after the various Clippers losses making excuses for the Clippers in general, and Kawhi's load managment in particular, about how it doesn't matter and that they'll show up for the playoffs.

The only thing the Clippers have is their two wins against the Lakers. They are one 2-8 streak instead of a 0-8 streak from behind the 3-point by the Lakers in that 4th quarter of the Christmas game away from being just a random western conference playoff team.

With this being their first year together, Clips gotta get at least 1 month straight with their top 8 guys.

No rhythm, no cohesion right now and we’re 40 games through. Gonna be really tough to make a finals run if guys continue to miss games here & there.

Thats dunk of the season...
They are one 2-8 streak instead of a 0-8 streak from behind the 3-point by the Lakers in that 4th quarter of the Christmas game away from being just a random western conference playoff team.

Chill :lol:

Too much talent on that roster for them not to be a major threat in the playoffs. Regardless of the record.

9rkf382q1ha41.jpg

The accuracy :rofl:

:emoji_skull: @ "It was a trap game" :rofl:

I also want to point out that there's been a few people on this wave of The Lakers are peaking now....... and how completely dishonest that is.

The Lakers have EIGHT new players & a completely new coaching staff on this roster, Lebron new teams have historically gotten off to slow starts because teammates have to adapt to his style.

As the season grows & we get more repetition & more continuity i don't think it's a stretch to consider this team will be a lot better come playoffs :pimp:

Give us DC for free & i would be ecstatic

What do you mean by "who said"? You mean that as if you didn't say that, or that nobody said that?

If it's the latter, then dude, please don't make me dig through this thread and make you look like a fool. I can assure you that there are TON of replies here after the various Clippers losses making excuses for the Clippers in general, and Kawhi's load managment in particular, about how it doesn't matter and that they'll show up for the playoffs.

The only thing the Clippers have is their two wins against the Lakers. They are one 2-8 streak instead of a 0-8 streak from behind the 3-point by the Lakers in that 4th quarter of the Christmas game away from being just a random western conference playoff team.
I know for sure that I've never made any excuses. Im almost sure that none of the other verified Clippers supporters on here have either.

Looking like a fool? You mean like you complaining about "Clippers excuses" while providing a Lakers excuse for losing on Xmas?

The irony

Last edited:
I tried to protect clipper nation and warn them that the expectations were too high for a first year team to come together and win a championship on the fly. But they remained headstrong and fancy free, disregarding the wisdom of a sage to their own peril. It's the Age of Aquarius and we're all just riding the wave 🌊🌊

I tried to protect clipper nation and warn them that the expectations were too high for a first year team to come together and win a championship on the fly. But they remained headstrong and fancy free, disregarding the wisdom of a sage to their own peril. It's the Age of Aquarius and we're all just riding the wave 🌊🌊
LAC is 27-13 not 13-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom