THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Kobe did his whole farewell tour. At the time it seemed rather self-indulgent for him to me an entire season of basketball about him I remember him catching some flack for it. In retrospect it was a great move. Fans from around the country got to see him play one last time and those who knew him got the opportunity to pay tribute to him in person.

We can cherish all those tribute videos and jersey swaps. people say it all the time but people don't do a very good job of giving others flowers while they're alive. We always wait until they died to show the outpouring of love. I'm glad it Kobe got to experience that before he died.

I think it's easy to assume you're going to have a lot of time to spend with your loved ones. As an adult, life can become a mundane routine and it's easy to put things off for later because you assume you'll have time later. Events like this show that nothing is guaranteed. I spoke with my mom today and just told her I loved her, did the same thing with my brothers. Those of you guys with kids, hug them until damn you love them. You never know when it's your time. Cherish every moment

A banner is hung at one of the major arenas in the Philippines (Araneta Center) to commemorate Kobe’s last visit in Manila in 2016. The other banner is the Thrilla in Manila in the 70s.

That Mamba Tour was one of the MOST MEMORABLE events of my life seeing him in person, and I gotta say that Bean is a national hero among Filipinos man. I’m sure they’re celebrating his life right this moment.

The rest of Asia is CELEBRATING MAMBA’S LIFE.

saw him in 2011 during the lockout when they got paid by smart to come out and play the pba all stars, good time. Sad I missed out in 2016 I heard he was at Nike park at the fort but couldn’t go

it feels surreal and also strange for me to mourning the loss of someone i don't know personally. nonetheless, just terribly sad to hear about the loss of Kobe Bryant.

a few weeks ago this woman i was on a date with asked me why do i care so much about sports and even go as far as listening to sports’ podcasts. it’s been on my mind a lot, like “why am i so emotionally invested in the outcomes of these games?” i recently listened to Kobe's interview on all the smoke, i think a huge part of my appreciation for sports is that these cats work tirelessly at perfecting their craft. (kobe was savant-like) i don’t think people, including myself, truly understand how much work athletes put into being elite. i think my best comparison would be to that of an artist who spends hundreds of hours perfecting their brush stroke. we don’t see that practice but we see their finished product and we’re constantly in awe. as a fan of basketball and football, i’m glad i can appreciate these dudes showcase their craft night in and night out.

my bad for the random rant. today's got my mind weird. TLDR: i respect the hell out of Kobe's work ethic.

freeze freeze keep your head up bro.

saw him in 2011 during the lockout when they got paid by smart to come out and play the pba all stars, good time. Sad I missed out in 2016 I heard he was at Nike park at the fort but couldn’t go

Awesome, man! My broke-*** couldn’t afford tickets in 2011 but man, you know people were there to see Kobe.

He was at many places during his 2016 visit, but the one at Araneta Center, bruuuuhhh... people were chanting his name to shoot the ball but he never did. He was just smiling and laughing, waving at fans, and just had an AWESOME time.

it feels surreal and also strange for me to mourning the loss of someone i don't know personally. nonetheless, just terribly sad to hear about the loss of Kobe Bryant.

a few weeks ago this woman i was on a date with asked me why do i care so much about sports and even go as far as listening to sports’ podcasts. it’s been on my mind a lot, like “why am i so emotionally invested in the outcomes of these games?” i recently listened to Kobe's interview on all the smoke, i think a huge part of my appreciation for sports is that these cats work tirelessly at perfecting their craft. (kobe was savant-like) i don’t think people, including myself, truly understand how much work athletes put into being elite. i think my best comparison would be to that of an artist who spends hundreds of hours perfecting their brush stroke. we don’t see that practice but we see their finished product and we’re constantly in awe. as a fan of basketball and football, i’m glad i can appreciate these dudes showcase their craft night in and night out.

my bad for the random rant. today's got my mind weird. TLDR: i respect the hell out of Kobe's work ethic.

freeze freeze keep your head up bro.

My mom asks me the same question. "Why do you care so much about these games? Why do you get so worked up? These people don't even know you.

It's a complex question. The easy answer is that I was indoctrinated at a young age by my older brothers. But beyond that it has to do with loyalty to your city, school, etc and being part of something larger than yourself.

I think athletes represent something that most regular people don't have in their lives. Most regular people can't win championships and achieve at that level. Most people don't risk things and have the reward that these athletes have. These guys have the most pressure-packed moments of their lives displayed in front of millions. I think that spurs something in a lot of people.

Damn gotta read thru the last few pages but the bar I’m at got Jerry West crying in TV.

Man. I’m sad.

Awesome, man! My broke-*** couldn’t afford tickets in 2011 but man, you know people were there to see Kobe.

He was at many places during his 2016 visit, but the one at Araneta Center, bruuuuhhh... people were chanting his name to shoot the ball but he never did. He was just smiling and laughing, waving at fans, and just had an AWESOME time.

that’s dope. One of my homies posted a pic of him and like 20+ with Kobe cheesin at Nike park lol.

Filipinos always got love for Kobe, laker fan or not :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom