THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiggins ain’t got no heart. Boy p****y. And he smile too much.

Magic Johnson smiled a lot but, he had GAME! Wiggins soft AF

I’m in the camp that thinks Wiggins’ issue is that he’s just not that into basketball. I can’t back that up with anything; just the vibe I get from him.

It really looks like he doesn't care. Especially now that's he's paid. All that talent and natural ability man...:smh:

IDK, man. If a “bust” is any highly touted prospect that doesn’t live up to expectations, then there are more “busts” in the NBA than players who have succeeded. Seems too broad a definition to me.

The Wolves drafted Johnny Flynn in the lottery in the same year as Rubio. He was out of league in 3 years. Seems unfair to call both him and Rubio busts considering the career Rubio has had.

It's not fuzzy for me. Many of us remember it very clearly. Before Luka, Ricky Rubio was THE most hyped European prospect ever. There were circumstances that led to him being the 5th pick. 1) He had a ridiculous buyout and there was uncertainty around when he'd actually come over. and 2) He refused to work out for Memphis (#2 pick).

I don't really understand this criteria. You're practically shielding him from being a bust by comparing him to a player that washed out of the league. A bust is a bust. Some busts are bigger than others and end up out of the league.

This is why prospects often get "ceiling" and "floor" comparisons when coming into the NBA. Ricky Rubio's floor allowed him to be a decent NBA player. That doesn't mean he's NOT a bust.

OK, but using your definition of bust, you can make arguments that really good players are busts just because the expectations for them were so great. Is Blake Griffin a bust because he’s never won MVP or been past the 2nd round of the playoffs, when multiple guys drafted after him in his class have?

I’ve always understood bust to mean a prospect that doesn’t just fail to meet expectations, but doesn’t even come remotely close to meeting expectations.
lawdog1 lawdog1 went right to lawyering. Gotta love it. Used his own criteria on him.

I just feel like he should have never been the 2nd pick to begin with. A lot were just caught up into the Lavar hype myself included. He has no wiggle and a weird shot he might never become a good shooter.

Coming into the draft people thought he was an average shooter but since hes been bad.
Still cant create , worse shooter than expected.
Was a much better defender than expected . He was thought as a liability now hes one of the best in the league on that end.

I just feel like he should have never been the 2nd pick to begin with. A lot were just caught up into the Lavar hype myself included. He has no wiggle and a weird shot he might never become a good shooter.

Coming into the draft people thought he was an average shooter but since hes been bad.
Was a much better defender than expected . He was thought as a liability now hes one of the best in the league on that end.

If Lonzo were anyone else, he’d been got demoted to the G-League. Even JKidd wasn’t the best shooter early on but, he’s MUCH better than Lonzo.

He can’t shoot. At all. In today’s NBA, he’s a liability. Rondo and JKidd are better shooters than him....

If Lonzo were anyone else, he’d been got demoted to the G-League. Even JKidd wasn’t the best shooter early on but, he’s MUCH better than Lonzo.

He can’t shoot. At all. In today’s NBA, he’s a liability. Rondo and JKidd are better shooters than him....
He's a bad shooter but he at least shoots them to command respect unlike Simmons. He does a ton of other things really well like Defend, rebound, pass , push the tempo.

I wasn't sold on lonzo or Fultz. I would of taken Josh Jackson at 1

Jonny flynn had bad hip injury - remember bo jackson never recovered.

I also would put Darko as most hyped euro excluding Doncic

Zo just needs to become an average shooter and he'll be a highly effective player. He's that good at everything else but his lack of shooting and inconsistent scoring severely holds him and his team back. He can be a complete non factor in the half court. But when his offense is just ok instead of 'wtf bruh', he really makes a team go. It's crazy how smooth the entire team looks when Zo is having a well rounded game. He's a game changer. He'll for sure have a ring or two by the time his career is over

Last edited:
The Rubio bust take is completely laughable.

Everyone knew that his jumper was suspect. It's the reason why he went 5th and didn't go higher.

He's arguably been better than every player drafted after him other than Steve Curry (who the Wolves obviously should've taken), DeRozan, and Jrue Holiday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom